MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Exterior & Interior (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior-51/)
-   -   Duraflex bodykit (https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/620813-duraflex-bodykit.html)

Tyler Knowlton 11-16-2018 12:53 PM

Duraflex bodykit

Hey guys I need someone to help me figure if it’s a good idea to get this duraflex Vader 3 widebody kit that I’m looking at getting

jhc 11-16-2018 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Knowlton (Post 10976833)
Hey guys I need someone to help me figure if it’s a good idea to get this duraflex Vader 3 widebody kit that I’m looking at getting

No, it's a bad idea. It will splinter, crack and ruin any resale value. Spend your $$$ on performance changes- better tires, wheels, sways or even audio...

Tyler Knowlton 11-16-2018 03:52 PM

Duraflex bodykit

What if is just my weekend car and I don’t drive it as much

MicVelo 11-16-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Knowlton (Post 10976847)
What if is just my weekend car and I don’t drive it as much

Sounds like your mind’s already made up. Hey, just do it since it’s your car, your money. Don’t know why others’ opinions matter.

Tyler Knowlton 11-16-2018 04:58 PM

Duraflex bodykit

what size tires should I put on the back and I just don’t want to spend three grand on an authentic kit

MicVelo 11-16-2018 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Knowlton (Post 10976849)
what size tires should I put on the back and I just don’t want to spend three grand on an authentic kit

OK, gonna say it.... you get what you pay for. 'Nuff said.

S'far as your tire question.... same thing I tell anyone with non-standard bodywork.... Get the ruler out and MEASURE; then use the tire calculator to see what size/offset you need to fill it out. Tell ya one thing that is going to (but shouldn't) catch you unawares, if you don't wanna spend the money on the bodywork, you are certainly in for some sticker shock and not going to want to spend the money on the RIGHT set of wheels for the car.... usually something in the 11-12+" variety and using 0 or neg offsets. Yer looking at a grand+ EACH... minimum. Or you could go lame and order "standard" fit Z wheels, like 9.5/10.5 then add 500mm spacers. Umm, yeah.... no.

dkmura 11-17-2018 07:24 AM

I've tried to stay off this thread, as Mic has provided good guidance (as usual). But one thing that needs to be said is most of us Z33 veterans do not have huge body kits on our cars. As Mic has said, "you get what you pay for", and asking for advise on how to do it cheaply means you're likely underestimating how much a wide body kit will cost to do right. In my area, I've seen several Veilside V3 kits and other widebodies over the last 16 years, but they simply don't last. Even the "weekend drivers" get dinged-up or just plain crumpled driving down the road and highways. Unless you're a skilled fabricator, your best bet will be working with a commercial bodyshop to properly fit the bodywork, get the paint right and repairing the almost inevitable damage that comes with owning one.

RENFRO 11-18-2018 05:54 AM

A stock body lowered on a decent set of coilovers will look better and perform better. I never can understand why people are putting trash parts on their cars for the hope of some 30 second Instagram video and make believe clout tokens.

Do things that will make you actually enjoy driving the car.

travlee 11-18-2018 11:18 AM

Balla on a budget dreamer thread

iideadeyeii 11-19-2018 06:53 AM

Prepare to spend about 20-30 hours of body work to get the fiberglass kit ready for installation. I would never buy fiberglass again. It's not worth your time even if you do the work yourself. That being said I have a fiberglass front bumper and I haven't cracked it yet

terrasmak 11-19-2018 05:41 PM

Have you seen what that kit looks like ?

Start with rimmed up and a killer system, go from there