Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:34 AM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?

350Zforums.org is selling replica Ings Half Kit for 650.00 for the front, skirts and rear which seems like a great deal vs. the real Ings price. Dave, the owner, said he's sold a few kits already and that he's heard no complaints.

Just wondering...are replica kits usually easy to put on or is there way more prep work then the real kit. I'm sick of waiting for the real Ings kit to get in, along with the Greddy skirts and Data Systems wing I want....I'm thinking about going with the full replica Ings kit and hope the DS Wing comes in soon.

I'm just afraid to get the replica kit and end up spending a fortune on prep work for it.

Any comments?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:40 PM
SQUILL

Default Re: Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?

Originally posted by vice86
350Zforums.org is selling replica Ings Half Kit for 650.00 for the front, skirts and rear which seems like a great deal vs. the real Ings price. Dave, the owner, said he's sold a few kits already and that he's heard no complaints.

Just wondering...are replica kits usually easy to put on or is there way more prep work then the real kit. I'm sick of waiting for the real Ings kit to get in, along with the Greddy skirts and Data Systems wing I want....I'm thinking about going with the full replica Ings kit and hope the DS Wing comes in soon.

I'm just afraid to get the replica kit and end up spending a fortune on prep work for it.

Any comments?
I believe you are reffering to the initial d boky kit which is the full ings bodykit replica. Jpizzle has this kit on his car check it out

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=73431

I am wondering the same thing myself as it looks great but who knows how much prepwork he did or didnt do

Street rays also has a version of the kit called wings kit by VIS for a lot less $$$ but again i wonder about the quality however vis seems to have a good reputation.

http://www.streetrays.com/catalog/pr...7661b8232b7a41

vis website http://www.visracing.com/catalog/ind...104a6cdcb101b0

Anybody ???

Last edited by SQUILL; 05-25-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:13 PM
maxipad96

I heard the ings replica half kit fits badly.. Dont do it.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:24 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by maxipad96
I heard the ings replica half kit fits badly.. Dont do it.
who did you hear from?? somebody that actually did it? did you see the car??? or did you just hear from sombody but no evidence to back up the claim??Lemme know

Would be nice to actually hear from sombody thats either installed the kit on their car or seen it personally anybody?.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:58 PM
vice86

no, im talking about a replica of the Ings Half Kit..its the subtle kit.
Everything but the wing.

Old 05-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

i'm wondering this as well...
Old 05-25-2004, 06:28 PM
vice86

I just don't want to get it and have to pay a million dollars for prep work cuz the fit is horrendous.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
jhau

i bought the wing pictured above and still debating whether to install it as it's 1/4 inch short on both sides and the bottom which should run flush with the edge of the trunk. Also right side of wing doesn't follow contours of trunk - there is a gap between trunk lid and spoiler - think its going to need a lot of work.
At this point i am advising against it.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:12 PM
SQUILL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vice86
[B]no, im talking about a replica of the Ings Half Kit..its the subtle kit.
Everything but the wing.

you know i dont think there is a half kit replica all ive found is the full kit replicas. As with any kit you should expect some prep work to have it look its best but of course if you pay tons of$$$ for that work it may be cheaper to just get the real kit!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:40 PM
vice86

Squill....Dave over at 350zforums.org told me that he has the Half Kit replicas. I think I may just wait for the real deal stuff...costs more, but probably less headache then a replica. Replicas are cheaper for a reason I guess.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
SQUILL

Squill....Dave over at 350zforums.org told me that he has the Half Kit replicas. I think I may just wait for the real deal stuff...costs more, but probably less headache then a replica. Replicas are cheaper for a reason I guess.
They are cheaper because they dont have the development cost to recoupe.

I know of many replica kits on peoples cars that are of great quality for a lot less $$$$

The problem is knowing if the specific replica kit you want is of good quality!

Maybe ill guinne pig for us as i backed my car into a chain link fence a few days ago and it looks like $h!t and needs to be fixed right away!!!

no beter time to get a body kit IMO gotta do something !
Old 05-25-2004, 08:12 PM
vice86

Let us know Squill. Dave said he sold a few replica kits already and said the customers are happy with them...so that may be a good sign
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to know about the quality too. Either of this kit or the spirit (esprit replica). Both sold at 350zgforums. id like to get the authentic stuff but it takes so long, and also costs so much more... and yea no lie i'd also just like to save some money. of course if the replica is gonna cost too much extra in prep work then it's pointless, except cutting down on wait time - but i could deal with that i guess.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by hndumafia
I'd like to know about the quality too. Either of this kit or the spirit (esprit replica). Both sold at 350zgforums. id like to get the authentic stuff but it takes so long, and also costs so much more... and yea no lie i'd also just like to save some money. of course if the replica is gonna cost too much extra in prep work then it's pointless, except cutting down on wait time - but i could deal with that i guess.
on the replica esprit kit several people have posted it is higher quality better fitment than the original!
Old 05-26-2004, 02:23 PM
IsatteliteI

Do you know how much he wants for them, and would he sell just the front and rear? Thanks for any info.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:12 PM
ZRAYGO

I have the INGS+1 LS kit on my car here are some pics:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=it+has+begun

Yes it is expensive. It cost me $4300+$500 for shipping (boat) and this is with the full rear wing (to which i am going to remove).

Take a look and let em know what you think.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:25 PM
ronald_m

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
I have the INGS+1 LS kit on my car here are some pics:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=it+has+begun

Yes it is expensive. It cost me $4300+$500 for shipping (boat) and this is with the full rear wing (to which i am going to remove).

Take a look and let em know what you think.
Big baller
Old 05-26-2004, 05:14 PM
maxipad96

I just ordered the replica today.. will let everyone know how fitment is.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:43 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by maxipad96
I just ordered the replica today.. will let everyone know how fitment is.
what replica did you order????

I ordered the Vis kit which is the full ings kit replica Im worried still as the cost was really cheap but after talking to vis i decided to order they said the kit is hand laid fiberglass and imported from japan so hopefully it wont be a pile of junk they said a few cars had it with no complaints but of course why wouldnt they say that..

Well any way will post pics and info when it gets here. I hope i dont get screwed usually I pay top dollar for the quality but I need that extra money im saving for stuff thats more important in my book like Twin Turbos!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by SQUILL
on the replica esprit kit several people have posted it is higher quality better fitment than the original!

That's good news. Now i just have to figure out how it would look with the rays...

i know ive seen a couple pictures of the esprit kit on rays, but i have no idea where to find them now...anyone else know??

Quick Reply: Anyone order the replica Ings Half Kit?