MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum-84/)
-   -   Dont buy from CVR Motorsports (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/508982-dont-buy-from-cvr-motorsports.html)

ieatpelicans 12-14-2010 01:12 AM

Dont buy from CVR Motorsports

###PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORIGINAL TITLE OF THIS THREAD WAS how do i make a complaint against a vendor? MY ORIGINAL POST IS BELOW###

Hello,

Im just wondering how i got about making a fraud complaint to my350z.com against a vendor? Ive paid 1300 odd dollars for an exhaust and the vendor has repeatedly lied to me and is now ignoring my emails.

################ORIGINAL POST EDITED ON 16 DECEMBER################

Hey guys, just thought i'd share my experience with CVR Motorsports.

On 27 October i ordered an exhaust from them via the my350z site and paid via paypal. I chose CVR Motorsports because they seemed to have a pretty good reputation for good communication and shipping things promptly. They told me it would take about 10 days to ship it to me in Australia. Needless to say, two months later, it still hasn’t arrived.

PM’d Mark @ CVR Motorsports on the 4th of November to see if it had shipped: no it hadn’t, the CVR guys had all been at SEMA but I would have a tracking number Monday (8 November). Well, fair enough I thought.

So I waited until the 10th and PM’d again asking for a tracking number: Mark responded the next day saying they were just waiting for the driver to pick it up. No problem I thought.

So I waited another week and no tracking number. So I sent another PM on the 17th telling Mark I had not received a tracking number. He responded the next day, saying that they were “not on the forums very much anymore” and could I please call their office between 1pm and 7pm. They are based in New York and I'm in Australia so it’s an international phone call at my expense. I tried several times over the next few days and all I ever got was an answering machine.

I PM’d twice on the 20th, explaining that I couldn’t get through to anyone at their office via telephone and I asked if there was a problem with my order. I also gave them my number and asked if they could call me instead. No response to either msg.

On the 23rd of November I went to the CVR Motorsports website (www.cvrmotorsports.com) and filled out the contact form explaining who I was and that I wasn’t getting a response to my PMs on my350z.com.

I PM’d again on the 24th asking for a response to my last messages.
Finally, I received an email from Mark @ CVR Motorsports on the 24th: “the owner has been away from work due to a personal leave pertaining to a relatives illness. I will have tracking for you tomorrow as he was able to get this to the freight company, and Im told arrival will be within 10 days or less”. So I thought finally, it’s been shipped.

But no, that was a lie – again. I emailed on the 26th asking for the tracking number. I got no response.

I emailed again on the 30th asking for the tracking number. I got a reply on the same day from Mark @ CVR Motorsports saying that he’s been very busy but he will be sending it tonight (don’t forget: he’s already told me twice that he’s sent it.) So I sent him an email reminding him of this fact and to clarify if he was sending me the exhaust or the tracking number: no response.

So then I really cracked the s****. I emailed Mark on 1 December and told him that if I didn’t have a tracking number or my money back in 48 hours I would:
- I will lodge a fraud complaint with Paypal.
- I will lodge a similar complaint with my350z.com
- I will publish our chain of emails along with our private message history from my350z.com on every car forum I can and warn people not to deal with CVR motorsports.

I was emailed a tracking number the next day (2 December). I thought: this is finally over, exhaust is on it’s way! The exhaust was to be air freighted by Pilot Air Freight.

Alas, no. I checked the tracking number over the next few days: “AWAITING PICKUP”. I waited and waited, and still it said the same thing. I emailed the CVR Motorsports orders department on the 9th and twice on the 10th. I again reminded them that if they didn’t respond, I’d lodge complaints with paypal etc. No response to all three messages.

On 14 December I called Pilot Air Freight. Whilst they had a record of my name and address, they did not have the exhaust and couldn’t pick it up until CVR were ready. What had happened was CVR had just placed a shipping order to obtain a tracking number to give to me so I would think that my exhaust was being shipped. :mad::mad::mad: So I emailed CVR again and asked them to chase up the shipping company, but no response.

On 15 December, I called and left an answering machine message and sent two more emails, asking for my money back. I also lodged a complaint with the mods on my350z.com - (dave079 who has been fantastic by the way).

Today CVR Motorsports emailed me and told me that they were sorry and that they will return my money: but they didn't actually return it to me. I dont understand this. Why write me a relatively long email explaining i can have my money back but not spend an extra two minutes to log on to paypal and ACTUALLY SEND IT BACK?????:dunno:

I know lots of people on here rave about CVR Motorsports saying they have good prices, ship quickly and respond to correspondence promptly, but that’s not been my experience. I will never deal with them again and I would never recommend them to anyone else. They lied to me repeatedly and I’m out of pocket over $1,300. To gain a benefit by deception = fraud. And that’s exactly what this is.

midz350 12-14-2010 01:40 AM

Name?

ieatpelicans 12-14-2010 01:43 AM

^ PM'd

derekinthez 12-14-2010 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by ieatpelicans (Post 8836514)
Hello,

Im just wondering how i got about making a fraud complaint to my350z.com against a vendor?

You just did, except you forgot those important things such as facts and details.

dave079 12-14-2010 05:27 AM

Who is it? Send me a pm and I will see whats up

ieatpelicans 12-14-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dave079 (Post 8836600)
Who is it? Send me a pm and I will see whats up

sent.

davidv 12-14-2010 04:32 PM

Well you are making a complaint right now. Extremely vague but still a complaint.

ieatpelicans 12-14-2010 05:02 PM

^ I'm trying to do the right thing and sort it out privately through the site first. If that doesn't work, I'll go public

Steve-O Z33 12-14-2010 09:25 PM

Good luck making a complaint about a vendor without getting flamed. Anyone, including myself who has done this will get flamed if even just 1 other person had a decent experience with the vendor. You'll get blamed for everything and told that no such thing as bad or inconsistent customer service exists. So you probably shouldn't complain unless you can shrug it off, recorded phone conversations, hired a P.I., have signed and notarized copies of receipts, etc.

ieatpelicans 12-15-2010 01:18 AM

^ i was kinda expecting that though. Although this site has more than it's fair share of trolls, there's lots of other forums that don't.

had a look at your thread. dude you copped a flaming! whilst i'm not suggesting you weren't justified in your complaint, i think my problem is slightly more "compelling".

dave079 12-15-2010 06:09 AM

Dont worry. If they don't make good I will try to have them removed as a vendor. BTW its CVR motorsports. I am not one to hide a crappy vendors bad customer service. Its their turn now to clear their name.

huyrua 12-15-2010 06:47 AM

Good to know that Mod are unbias

dave079 12-15-2010 08:08 PM

Bump for CVR to refund the guy his money

POWUH 12-15-2010 11:50 PM

wow my friend just dealt with these guys a few days ago , I pm'd that same vendor asking about a borla exhaust and he had it in stock for 951 shipped. When I asked for the paypal and received it , I then proceeded to tell my friend to place the order. After my friend placed the order he got an email saying they where out of stock, I had clearly asked the vendor if he had them in stock which he had said yes. It took them almost a week for my friend to get his money back, To make this short it took them 5 weeks to finally deliver the exhaust not to mention the lack of customer service on their part and run arounds. I was ashamed what I put my friend through.

ieatpelicans 12-16-2010 01:41 AM

Just updated my original post with details of dealings with them. Really hope they return my money to me.

EDIT: damn, cant change the thread title. :(

dave079 12-16-2010 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by ieatpelicans (Post 8840769)
Just updated my original post with details of dealings with them. Really hope they return my money to me.

EDIT: damn, cant change the thread title. :(

I changed it

AcidJake75 12-16-2010 04:49 AM

Fug man! that really sux - I was just telling someone to buy rotors from them - I just texted them back and told them to get R1Concepts now cause of this thread..

SUX! hope you get your $$ back bro..

RandomHer0 12-16-2010 05:55 AM

Wow Brutal. Good luck OP.

derekinthez 12-16-2010 06:58 AM

No to CVR Motorsports--check.

trodis 12-16-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by RandomHer0 (Post 8840909)
Wow Brutal. Good luck OP.

+1 - waiting to hear what CVR has to say....