MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum-84/)
-   -   My350z Featured Car of The Month? (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/606837-my350z-featured-car-of-the-month.html)

Tochigi_236 09-27-2015 07:44 AM

My350z Featured Car of The Month?

The guys over on EvoM have a Featured Car of The Month (FCOTM) forum. Would members on this site be interested in possibly doing the same on My350z? Mods, Admin... would this be feasible on this site? Bottom line, members link or create a
FCOTM thread in a forum or sub-forum specified by the mods/admin. Winners would have their car stickied as a FCOTM winner in the forums, and have a banner displayed below their username, similar to the Premier Members the says "FCOTM Winner." Other prizes could be 30 days of Premier Membership, car supplies, gift card..etc just throwing ideas out there.

Why?: Great way for members to showcase their vehicles outside of the traditional build thread, whether they're bone stock or modified.

See link for examples:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...car-month-359/

Some of this may not apply directly to My350, but hopefully you get the point.

See rules below:

Voting will be September 24th through September 30th. The winner will get the new title FCOTM Winner added to the profile, their car will be featured in the next monthly newsletter and some Evom stickers! If we have more than 10 entries the moderator staff will make an initial cut to ten.

September's contest will be for BLACK cars. Tarmac black, Phantom black, bring them all.

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES.

How to Submit your Lancer for the Featured Car contest:

1. Make a NEW thread in the ____________ forum.

Descriptive Thread Title: ie: Speedlimit FCOTM Submission
Screen name or real name:
Car Info: Car Year, Make, Model, Trim:
Stock Options: Navigation etc.
Modifications: (you may divide them in categories if you wish to do so. ie Exterior, Interior, Performance…)
Future plans: whatever plans
Other info: (ie: shows won….)

Display up to 6 quality images linked preferably to new pics in your gallery.

Follow the Contest Rules:

- You must be the owner of the car you are submitting.
- All images posted should be hosted in our gallery if possible to assure all members and visitors can see them.
- 6 images max. Please take the time to take good pics.
- One submission per person per month
- Past winners may enter again after 12 months from the original winning date.
- No external links
- You will NOT be up for voting if you do not have a link to your thread in that months thread.

3. Create a thread in this forum titled i.e. 'Speedlimit FCOTM' linked to your submission thread you created in the _____________ forum.

If you did not win in the past, please feel free to re-submit your ride. (You may reuse the same thread that you have submitted.) New and better pics will help you out, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your camera and the location. The community will vote via a poll on up to 10 cars. If there are more than 10 entries the moderator staff will choose ten for voting. Please post any questions in this sticky. Thanks and have fun!!

Tochigi_236 09-27-2015 07:52 AM

Themes:
1. Cleanest stock car
2. Featured build thread
3. Featured car by color
4. Best sleeper Z

etc..

bealljk 09-27-2015 08:03 AM

^Participation trophy...

Tochigi_236 09-27-2015 08:09 AM

Participation trophy?

dcains 09-27-2015 09:24 AM

The way things are going we should also have the "I used to have a Honda and this is how I riced out my Z" category, too.

I like the idea, though, and I'd participate.:thumbup:

bealljk 09-27-2015 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tochigi_236 (Post 10657479)
Participation trophy?

I'm not calling you dumb or throwing stones but if there are 4 or 5 awards given per month than that 48 - 60 awards per year...before you know it everyone is going to have a trophy for something...after 10 years that 480 to 600 'awards' given out...whats the point? At the end of the day it's a participation trophy...

do we even have 60 'consistent' members that you'd want to see have an award?

-best track build that'll never see a track September 2015(I'll win this one)
-best installed ebay turbo kit October 2015
-best knock off wheels January 2005
-most 350z facebook friends February 2010
-member that revives oldest thread June 2014
-most bolt on parts without a tune July 2014
-shiniest chromed wheels August 2009

just my honest thought...

I do like the FI Top 50 list...Def looking to get on that one...

Tochigi_236 09-27-2015 02:17 PM

No hard feelings here, haha.
It would only be one award per month, or at whichever timeframe would best fit the forum. Either way, there would only be one award given to a member based on a poll.

I can't think of 60 of the top of my head, but in the two months I've been on the forum, I've come across some pretty decent cars. Just throwing some ideas out there. I appreciate the feedback.

Originally Posted by bealljk (Post 10657556)
I'm not calling you dumb or throwing stones but if there are 4 or 5 awards given per month than that 48 - 60 awards per year...before you know it everyone is going to have a trophy for something...after 10 years that 480 to 600 'awards' given out...whats the point? At the end of the day it's a participation trophy...

Tochigi_236 09-27-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by dcains (Post 10657502)
The way things are going we should also have the "I used to have a Honda and this is how I riced out my Z" category, too.

I like the idea, though, and I'd participate.:thumbup:

Lol.

I still have my Civic. It got me through college, across the country twice, and she's still going strong. I don't think I'll ever sell it.

turboed350z 09-27-2015 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by bealljk (Post 10657556)

do we even have 60 'consistent' members that you'd want to see have an award?

-best track build that'll never see a track September 2015(I'll win this one)
-best installed ebay turbo kit October 2015
-best knock off wheels January 2005
-most 350z facebook friends February 2010
-member that revives oldest thread June 2014
-most bolt on parts without a tune July 2014
-shiniest chromed wheels August 2009

just my honest thought...

i agree with you. at one point i too was considering of trying to get on the top 50 FI list, then i realized, 400whp is more than enough for the street, and if i were to have 550+whp, i would want a full roll cage and that just takes out the streetability of the car.

first world problems, am i right? haha