MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum-84/)
-   -   Want to get headers for my z33 06 (https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/617864-want-to-get-headers-for-my-z33-06-a.html)

iiLLuSiiV 11-18-2017 10:21 PM

Want to get headers for my z33 06

so... I want to get headers for my z and idk what to get

current mods are :

ISR Single exit exhaust
ISR Y pipe
Manzo test pipes
JWT pop charger intake

i was thinking of getting the ISR long tube headers but i havent seen any post/videos on them adn i also hear manzo isnt a really good company (84$ test pipe i bought)
so i was wondering if ISR long tube headers are a good choice or if anyone knows about them or any other good headers etc.

[TIA] :D

bealljk 11-19-2017 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by iiLLuSiiV (Post 10927098)
so... I want to get headers for my z and idk what to get

current mods are :

ISR Single exit exhaust
ISR Y pipe
Manzo test pipes
JWT pop charger intake

i was thinking of getting the ISR long tube headers but i havent seen any post/videos on them adn i also hear manzo isnt a really good company (84$ test pipe i bought)
so i was wondering if ISR long tube headers are a good choice or if anyone knows about them or any other good headers etc.

[TIA] :D

Are you going to do the install yourself?

a rumor around the z world is that headers won’t provide much gain and are a massive pain to install.

I have zero experience with the brands you’ve listed but intuition tells me all these mods will require the engine to be retuned to see any gains.

after you install the headers can you invest another $700 to $1000 for a tuning device & dyno tune?

andybp 11-19-2017 07:31 AM

I agree with bealljk very little gain for the money or trouble fitting them.
once you've freed up the exhaust and intake as you have there's not many gains to be had staying N/A you've reached the point where you need to spend a good chunk of money to get any real gains

iiLLuSiiV 11-19-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by bealljk (Post 10927107)
Are you going to do the install yourself?

a rumor around the z world is that headers won’t provide much gain and are a massive pain to install.

I have zero experience with the brands you’ve listed but intuition tells me all these mods will require the engine to be retuned to see any gains.

after you install the headers can you invest another $700 to $1000 for a tuning device & dyno tune?

i wasnt going to do it myself but if its really hard to do then i probably wont do it i might just change the test pipes

dkmura 11-19-2017 10:35 AM

Hope you realize that NONE of your mods will offer much performance without a tune. Nissan did a pretty good job with the OEM header design, and you'd be better off getting an UpRev package and a skilled tuner to maximize your current bolt-ons. Don't expect to get much from it, though.

P.S. learn to post in the correct forum next time.