Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Blew my forged engine ... must be a first

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 AM
royce so

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to run a map, your motor's a ticking time bomb w/ the maf sensor. consult an experienced tuner.

quench is very important in an fi engine for power and detonation resistance.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:07 AM
G3po

Default quench

Originally posted by royce so
you need to run a map, your motor's a ticking time bomb w/ the maf sensor. consult an experienced tuner.

quench is very important in an fi engine for power and detonation resistance.
Yes certina piston manufatures for example Ross, JE and Wiseco
provide "quenched" low CR FI piston designs. My original Arias design was a simple dish and has since been changed to improve quench for use @ 9:1 CR and 91 pump. For anyone running >9:1 CR with FI, I think special attention to quench and squish volume can yeild benefits , especially with 91 pump..
Old 01-03-2005, 08:11 PM
ZRAYGO

Gurgen,

Your starting to scare me.....alot.....I, as you can see, am in the process of doing the same sort of thing. Except I have my engine sleeved and I am going with the HKS FCON V-PRO ems. Its being tuned by XS-Engineering and the date has been moved up to January 17, 2005. Man this makes me NOT want to take my car to the track. We are shooting for 600hp. DSPORT MAG has upgraded my injectors from 550cc to 850cc's. I told them that I would be happy with a daily driven 500hp car and they said that it would be easy. They also said that 600hp was going to be the goal.

Well wish me luck and good luck on your re-re-re-build.....

HOLLA!!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey

Don't worry about it... this case around we know exactly what happened...went lean..period... This will NOT happen if you have a standalone engine management that has a lot of tunability and no surprises ... smooth sailing.... 600 hp will be cake for you...

BTW... by AEBS block will be ready this week (supposedly).... any wagers on when it will ACTUALLY be ready
Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Enron Exec

Originally posted by gurgenpb01
Hey

Don't worry about it... this case around we know exactly what happened...went lean..period... This will NOT happen if you have a standalone engine management that has a lot of tunability and no surprises ... smooth sailing.... 600 hp will be cake for you...

BTW... by AEBS block will be ready this week (supposedly).... any wagers on when it will ACTUALLY be ready
Your getting sleeves? Well done!

Id bet 2 weeks at the fastest, assuming the sleeves are sitting on the shelf. Most likely you wont get it back until beginning of March.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:50 AM
ZRAYGO

Originally posted by gurgenpb01
Hey

Gurgen,

If you are dealing with David at AEBS dont believe anything he tells you. That guy is a freaking liear when it comes to time management and your stuff. It took me around 6 months to get my block back from being sleeved and I had to call and threaten him just to get it back.....good luck...
Old 01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Damn....... He promised to get it back by the end of this week!!!!!!! YES, I am getting sleeves...
Old 01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
ZRAYGO

yea that sucks. when i had my engine over there I literaly had to threaten bodily harm to this guy. and then he pulled the 'well your not my customer, your mechanic is, therefore have him call me' and he hung up. after i called my mechanic and threatened him, miracoulusly my engine was ready by the next day. so just be careful. yes they do good work, but thier customer service skills suck. oh and also they told me that they would have my engine back in 5 weeks and it took 6 months.

again.....Good Luck...
Old 01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Enron Exec

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
yea that sucks. when i had my engine over there I literaly had to threaten bodily harm to this guy. and then he pulled the 'well your not my customer, your mechanic is, therefore have him call me' and he hung up. after i called my mechanic and threatened him, miracoulusly my engine was ready by the next day. so just be careful. yes they do good work, but thier customer service skills suck. oh and also they told me that they would have my engine back in 5 weeks and it took 6 months.

again.....Good Luck...
<gurgen in a threating voice> Im going to break your ******* **** ******* **** if you dont give me back my block you *** of a *****.

Old 01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

LOL...

Enron... with these sleeves, I hope to take this baby up into the stratosphere sometime down the line. A 4-door sleeper-wonder!!!! Can't wait
Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 AM
SecretAgent

Originally posted by phunk
i could argue forever on the MAP system vs MAF system... however just keep in mind that some of the best running cars in the world come straight out of the factory with a Speed Density system. GQ: Speed Density cars are not ONLY tuned via MAP vs RPM. There are several correction maps as well, such as the ones you list.

I would prefer MAF over MAP if it was possibly to do it right in the 350z... but its not going to be easy. If you want to do it right then your first step is to take the thing out of the damn charge pipe and put it where it was intended to be.
I agree completely. Speed Density is a much more reliable system. However, if you are running a decent standalone, you can set it up to run both off a speed density (for the main fuel and timing tables) but also have it checking the maf signal for it's correction tables. you get the best of both worlds that way, and as long as your baseline tune is good, and your parameters set properly, you will ALWAYS have a good tune, no matter the conditions.

gurgen, sorry to hear your misforune. that really blows. but good luck getting your block back that fast, we've been waiting for over a month now.