Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Don't Buy Zeitronix Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
backagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Buy Zeitronix Products

I purchased a Zeitronix from the groupbuy back in feb. few days ago my wideband started to read out only 21 a/f. sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. I contacted Zeitronix and basically I have to purchase another sensor. I had an AEM wideband at one time but wanted a wideband that I could datalog with. So I sold the AEM and purchased the Zeitronix, i thouht I was doing something good. guess not. on a side note. when i had an aem sensor go bad, they replaced it no questions about it.

here are some emails from zeitronix.

Email number 1 to them.

Hello, My name is Ray Priest, I purchased a Zt-2 Wideband AFR Meter in February from the www.my350z.com group buy. I am having a problem with the display of my a/f ratio. The display will show nothing but 21 a/f ratio. Full Lean. The car is still running fine. I took it to a local dyno shop in town to use their sniffer and the car hasn't lost it's fuel map or anything. Will it be possible for me to have a sensor shipped to me and I ship this one back? I had a wideband go out on one of my previous cars and when i plugged the Bung on the exhaust waiting for the new sensor, it became unable to take the plug off, then had to have it rewired. I will give a credit card number incase you don't get the sensor I have now back. I have loved using the Zeitronix Wideband and also have gotten plenty compliments on it. Please help me out in anyway you can on this issue. I believe the Bosch Wideband Oxygen Sensor is what has possible gone bad. The display works fine and will connect to the laptop with no problem, I still get RPM and TPS from the unit to datalog. These are the only others that I had hooked up besides the AFR.

Thank you
Ray Priest.

their responce.

Squirt some butane from the cigarette lighter into the O2 sensor, see if it
goes rich.

Check the O2 sensor harness for shorts and opens.
Here is the pin assignment:

RJ45 O2 Connector

1-2 3
3-4 4
5 5
6 1
7 6
8 2

Pins 1 and 2 are two orange wires. Look at the male connector of the O2
sensor, there are small pin numbers inside the shell.

Email number 2

all connectors look fine. don't have any butaine with me at the moment. one
other thing. i unplugged the sensor from the brain box, the display read out 14.5, plugged in it read out 21. it would read out 16 - 21 randomly jumping around.

Their responce.

get a $1 cigarette lighter

Third email

Ok. got some butaine, , when I pored it on it did nothing, stayed at 21 a/f. waited a few hours, tried again, numbers started to change on the display, went very rich then right back to 21. put the sensor back in the car and went for a drive. the display would sit on 21 a/f at idle mostly, every few minutes of my drive it would go to 14-17 a/f. letting off gas
it would go full lean to 21 a/f. then it would stop doing anything for a few minutes. then all of a sudden it would come back on while crusing down the hwy. any idea what this is caused from ? i have double checked all connections. I completely disconnected the unit, used new connectors when hooking it back up, got the exact same results. does this sound like a bad sensor to you ?

Thanks,
Ray Priest

Their responce

It sounds like a bad sensor. Just to be sure check the O2 sensor harness for
shorts and opens with a multimeter:

4th email

i don't have a multimeter, sorry, haven't run into an issue where i had to have one. will it be possible to get a sensor shipped to me and i will
ship the sensor back that is installed right now. Thanks again.

Ray Priest

their responce

You can purchase a new sensor at any time.
http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm

5th email

Is it not under warranty ? I have only had it since feb. I would like for the item to be replaced. Not purchase another one.

Their responce
You can purchase a new sensor at any time.
http://www.zeitronix.com/order/order.htm

6th email

You are kidding right, I have had other widebands in the past. Once an AEM and the sensor happened to be bad a few weeks after it was purchased. It was replaced no question about it. Several people I have talked to have reccommended your product. The unit is not even 5 months old.

Ray Priest

No responce yet.

Last edited by nis350ztt; 07-13-2005 at 03:37 PM. Reason: easier to read this way...
Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 PM
mrtomcat

damn...

AEM is a great Company I'm glad I bought their Wideband and not Zeitronix
Old 07-13-2005, 03:27 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can never tell how good or bad a company is until something goes wrong.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:28 PM
backagain

live and learn i guess, im just passing this info on to others so they know what they are getting into.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, their customer service sure doesn't like to say a whole lot.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:26 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no offense, but i dont blame them for not replacing it. 02 sensors go bad and they have no idea what you have put your car thru. for all they know you run it on leaded race gas, or have the car running far out of tune for a while... who knows.

if it went bad in a week, maybe two weeks... then i would figure on a replacement for free... but after 4+ months, on a WEAR item... i honestly wouldnt have even asked for one.

You might think they are jerks for not replacing it, but i bet they think your a jerk for expecting a free sensor after 4 months :shrug:

These kinds of cars when modified, especially with FI, are going to cost some money to maintain. Better just be prepared for that.. you cant just expect that the moeny you spend on mods is going to be the only additional cash put into a highly modified vehicle. maintaince is where the costs really come in.

Last edited by phunk; 07-13-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:51 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My AEM sensor went bad after 6000 miles...wasn't going to ask for it to be replaced . But Im going to replace it and sell it....I bought a Zeitronix with a display .

AEM for sale....with or with out a new sensor
Old 07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
SungNamZ

I have had my Zeitronix system for better than a year. I believe there is a 6 month warranty, but probably does not include the sensor. My Zt-2 went bad in the seventh month. I was given a choice by Zeitronix. Return the unit for inspection/repair at my expense or order a new one. I ordered and paid for a new Zt-2. I returned the bad unit to Zeitronix, where after inspection they reimbursed my $$$.

There were some frustrating e-mails, but in the long run, Zeitronix came through. NO complaints here!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:52 PM
002-M-P

It could be how you have the o2 sensor mounted in the exhaust pipe. I read on my innovate instructions to install it on the top half of the pipe because water can collect in the bottom of the piping and make the sensor have a shorter life span. As far as what zeitronix did, i feel that it is correct as well.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
etx

You can't warranty something like that! I have two Zt-2's and they work great. I've had the one on my Z for a year and a half with no problems. It's not fair to say don't buy from them. They have a great product and a good price and the software it comes with is killer.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:03 PM
backagain

while it may be correct for zeitronix not to replace it, i am just letting people know that they won't replace it. AEM does. simple as that. it's a shame that a board member tries to warn others about a company not standing behind their product and others back up the company, thanks to those of you who are with me on this one. what gives zeitronix the right to not replace it when others do ? that is my point. I for one would thank a board member for this information before i spent money on an item that i know is possibly going to go bad and spend my money with a company that is going to replace it. ok, nuff said
Old 07-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Madelinot

They replaced my defective boost sensor two weeks ago. I was also part of the same GB. I thought they were pretty good to deal with.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

who said they dont stand behind their product? Maybe it should be Bosche your complaining about if you think someone needs to stand behind their product... cause I can promise you that Zeitronix didnt make that sensor that failed on you.

this entire thread is rediculous and childish. they dont owe you anything... just cause another company gave you one out of charity, dont expect that for every company. AEM is a much larger company, and maybe they can afford to give away stuff to people.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:36 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

At a minimum Zeitronix could have explained why they weren't going to replace it rather than repeating the line to order a new one through them.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:43 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

ill give ya that.. they could have at least done that.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:23 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Not to hijack the thread - But you are a good example to us Smokers

Originally Posted by phunk
ill give ya that.. they could have at least done that.
Charles... $33 - and not hurting your lungs...

Not to hijack the thread - But you are a good example to us Smokers

Maybe - I'll slow down a bit and keep a count like you did.. I'll bet you 8 to 5 I can stop my Gambling habit too!

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-13-2005, 08:26 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

you smoke in cali? man, when i was out there i felt like a freak for smoking... i thought the westerners frown on smokeys these days.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:37 PM
AmyCroft

Default Yes - You are right..

Originally Posted by phunk
you smoke in cali? man, when i was out there i felt like a freak for smoking... i thought the westerners frown on smokeys these days.
Yep
Right

I can smoke in my commuter car ( Maxima - windows Down ) and can go 100 feet from the Hospital I work at.. But when I come back in to the Data Center..
The "Help Desk" Girls say they can smell it on my breath. Darn and those would be the cute ones...

Cheers Amy -

I can smoke inside at home.. If I'm in the Garage.... My wife has cut her Cig's down to a few a day. She is 10 year's my senior.

I hope to slow down...
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
xxlbeerZ

I have seen other posts like this about Zietronix, the support emails from them always seem kind of rude to me.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
backagain

got an email back, basically told me to buy another sensor. they go bad, i understand that, so do tires, but if after a year and a tire starts to feather, do they not replace it ?

Quick Reply: Don't Buy Zeitronix Products