Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Glad I stayed with my Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:35 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Booger-
Dustins' Vortech Z(nativ4ply) is what got me started down the forged path. His Vortech with forged internals and a higher psi pulley puts down over 400horses and rocks.
My exhaust smoke has been more than a little embarassing. I should have taken it to Rob sooner. I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet, but he assures me it's smoke-free. Those with smoking APS kits need to visit Z-Car Garage. I can't wait to finish tuning and post final numbers!

Bruce
Thats great Bruce..Im glad they found the problem for you . It's great when any one finds the problem and gets it fixed
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
booger

Originally Posted by g35pm
Classic.
OMG...a N/A guy with a big A$$ head that needs to be iced down also !!!! lol
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G352NV
WELL, Ive had the Vortech and was one that switched to the TT. The reasons why. I was tired of fuggin with that belt! Nothing like pulling up to a light in your 35k car and its sounds like a box of rocks! That cog belt is crap! You also have to worry about adjustment of the main belt and slip under boost. Its ok, I use to defend the Vortech too. Anyone that spends 5k on a system tends to defend it. BUT that being said I dont care who goes with what. I try to answer all the FI questions I can. Whats right for one might not be right for another and Im not going to tell someone different!
+1....I had a vortech too and the noise from the bearings in the blower when the idle fell below 500 rpms was just embarassing. Also I did not like how full boost was almost at redline. Either way to each their own. I am glad I was financially able to sell the vortech at a loss and still buy my TT set up. I don't knock anyone that wants to get a vortech, but I do recommend for them to ride in a ST, TT, and s/c'ed and then make a decision on what they want. I wish I would have done that becuase I would have gone TT from the get go. If you end up going with a s/c, Vortech is the best IMO.

Last edited by Gman2004; 09-26-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:01 PM
booger

I got a ride in a Turbo Supra the other day ...600whp , member of this forum . He was pulling it out for a bigger turbo and stated ...He wasnt satisfied any more with the power . He said if it wasnt so dam quite and could hear the power more he might be still satisfied with it . I'll never be able to say that...thats for sure..lol
Old 09-26-2005, 12:08 PM
natve4ply

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Booger-
Dustins' Vortech Z(nativ4ply) is what got me started down the forged path. His Vortech with forged internals and a higher psi pulley puts down over 400horses and rocks.
My exhaust smoke has been more than a little embarassing. I should have taken it to Rob sooner. I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet, but he assures me it's smoke-free. Those with smoking APS kits need to visit Z-Car Garage. I can't wait to finish tuning and post final numbers!

Bruce
Thanks bruce i hope all is well with your car..oh and i love my s/c
Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 PM
g35pm

Originally Posted by booger
When did I start claiming my car? (If you're referring to my sig, it's for info not bragging rights) You are obviously claiming yours. I didn't start the "I'm so glad I stayed with Vortech..er...My SC rocks, please don't bash me turbo guys" thread. Stop trying to patronize the people that are making power with their turbos. In your head, you think the Vortech is the best thing that happened to the VQ. Just come out and say it.

I'm sure your Vortech will smoke my car in it's present condition.

Boogers car > g35pm's car

How's that for a head shrink?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
cKy2k

VORTECH BABY .... **** it... thats all i can afford !
Thank you G352NV ! ....

my shiit is quite ... only loud noise is the BOV ....
Old 09-26-2005, 01:58 PM
prescience

Originally Posted by cKy2k
VORTECH BABY .... **** it... thats all i can afford !
Thank you G352NV ! ....

my shiit is quite ... only loud noise is the BOV ....
And if it sounds like a jet aircraft - where's the problem with that
Old 09-26-2005, 02:14 PM
G352NV

I didnt mind that sound! Just didnt like the cog.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:43 PM
KraftG35

Originally Posted by G352NV
I didnt mind that sound! Just didnt like the cog.
D*mn screech at startup and idle.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:55 PM
narkotic

Hm ok booger you old man, if you have the ***** to insult me on a personal level than you need to try to find yourself a good lay. You created a thread that was not contributing to the demenor of the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Good call man. Now instead of wasting that 20 or so minutes it took you to type that out (while looking at the keyboard no less) you could have had a few beers or something.

I'll stick with my opinion, and enforce is a bit more harshly...

WORTHLESS THREAD.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:33 PM
failsafe306

Booger has every right to post his opinion about his SC. I didn't see anything wrong with his post. I just saw something that looked inaccurate in one of the follow-up posts and replied. There's no need for anyone to get personal here.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
narkotic

Then you must have missed his retort to my original post brother. Nice try however.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
Damn man what crawled up your a$$? The guy made a smart comment he in no way put you, your car or the Vortech s/c down. Having a bad day or something?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:18 PM
failsafe306

Last edited by failsafe306; 09-26-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: nm, I know what you meant now
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
booger

Originally Posted by narkotic
Hm ok booger you old man, if you have the ***** to insult me on a personal level than you need to try to find yourself a good lay. You created a thread that was not contributing to the demenor of the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Good call man. Now instead of wasting that 20 or so minutes it took you to type that out (while looking at the keyboard no less) you could have had a few beers or something.

I'll stick with my opinion, and enforce is a bit more harshly...

WORTHLESS THREAD.
Yep..Im an old man [48 ] Yep I look at the key board when I type . For your info..I have a good lay..waited a long time to find this wonderful woman . Have a beer...no thanks , gave it up years ago . As far as contributing..I try when I can...most the time is spent reading the threads . On the other hand...you SEEKING out Super Charger threads for the sole purpose of bashing the SC the guy in the thread is trying to fix...is contributing so much more than I ever could . And doing it more harshly will contribute even more.
Have a good day MATE
Old 09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
booger

Originally Posted by g35pm
When did I start claiming my car? (If you're referring to my sig, it's for info not bragging rights) You are obviously claiming yours. I didn't start the "I'm so glad I stayed with Vortech..er...My SC rocks, please don't bash me turbo guys" thread. Stop trying to patronize the people that are making power with their turbos. In your head, you think the Vortech is the best thing that happened to the VQ. Just come out and say it.

I'm sure your Vortech will smoke my car in it's present condition.

Boogers car > g35pm's car

How's that for a head shrink?
If your going to come in this thread and say some thing Smart A$$ . Expect it back .
Old 09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
aron

Why is everyone getting so hyped up here? and why are the TT and SC guys so competitive. Who gives a damn??? We all have FI kits that put down great power. Yeah, TT kits are a bit faster and have great TQ numbers, but you know what? I couldnt afford one. But I dont care, I still have 400rwhp+ and I am happy at that and whill do what I can to create more power. Booger was just trying to make a statement. I personally think he got bashed here. If you think this is a worthless thread, then just dont post, who cares.

I will say, however, my TQ numbers really suck!!

hahah
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
booger

Originally Posted by aron
Why is everyone getting so hyped up here? and why are the TT and SC guys so competitive. Who gives a damn??? We all have FI kits that put down great power. Yeah, TT kits are a bit faster and have great TQ numbers, but you know what? I couldnt afford one. But I dont care, I still have 400rwhp+ and I am happy at that and whill do what I can to create more power. Booger was just trying to make a statement. I personally think he got bashed here. If you think this is a worthless thread, then just dont post, who cares.

I will say, however, my TQ numbers really suck!!

hahah
I kinda expected it Aron . My original post said....A FEW TT GUYS make it a habit of coming into SC threads to do thier bashing and say how thier TT kicks butt...and some of the same guys got offended and now are coming in hear to bash some more . Some are posting just to state thier opinion on why they went TT or ST..and I respect that
Old 09-26-2005, 05:32 PM
gersteinp

I've got about 7K on my Vortech with a stock pulley and have had zero belt issues--actually zero issues of any kind. The set up is just fantastic. I installed a Gates main belt from the start and have never needed to touch it since. I've kept my cog belt fairly loose the way it's supposed to be and it still looks brand new, has never slipped and makes no noise (the jackshaft makes a slight rattle at slow idle--normal for this unit).

The most common belt issue with the Vortech is overtightening the cog belt--stricly warned against in the installation manual and completely unnecessary. It's cogged so you DON'T have to make it tight--just minimally snug, i.e. one inch of play and an easy-to-move idler pulley.

My rear wheels put down way more power than I'll ever need for even aggressive driving--385 HP--and that with a conservative tune and not even a hint of detonation in any kind of weather. I could have simply driven it right out of the box because the stock SS box tune was near perfect already. If you bring this car up near the redline in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear, you'd better have some wide-a$$ rubber to lay it down with or bring your prayer book.

I highly recommend the Vortech kit to anyone who doesn't want to endlessly fuss with their car while contantly worrying about blowing up the engine. Turbo is for BUILT Nissan engines only. Don't even think of it otherwise unless you've got lots of money, a back up car, or you drive like my mother. Nuff said.

Quick Reply: Glad I stayed with my Vortech