MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Forced Induction on a Automatic 350Z (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/185657-forced-induction-on-a-automatic-350z.html)

alshawi 04-19-2006 01:04 AM

Forced Induction on a Automatic 350Z

Hey guys, one quick question? do u think having forced induction on an auto 350Z would damage the gear and the clucthes?

____________________________________________________________ ____

05 auto Redline 350Z. K&N typhoon intake, DC sports stainless steel headers, test pipes, Fujitsubo Y-pipe, invidia catback, UR crank pulley, Crawford intake plenum + crawford strut bar, Jim wolf cams + high lifts valve
springs, 3.5 Final gear drive with VLSD, Apexi SAFC II

superchargedg 04-19-2006 04:15 AM

ive been running a stillen s/c for about 17,000 miles and so far no problems.at first it was stage 1 with no intercooler for about 15,000 miles recently went to stage 3.

Noah@AAM 04-19-2006 06:20 AM

we have successfully installed the turbonetics single turbo on quite a few 350's and G35's with no issues using the stock trans.
We have also worked with Folsom Lake Nissan to build their 2006 A/T 350 using the GReddy Twin turbo with only an upgraded valve body.

Hope that helps

PumpedVA 04-19-2006 07:16 AM

my tranny didnt hold up but had AAM install a VB and TC and its stong now.

SungNamZ 04-19-2006 08:31 AM

Now have 18,000 miles with Vortech SC and NO problems! Been considering VB upgrade.

Sharif@Forged 04-19-2006 08:34 AM

No problems at all. Definately consider a good valve body upgrade, and you will be very happy with the results.

We are now doing valve body upgrades for $799 plus freight. Chirps in 2nd and 3rd gears! :)

zachcrosen 04-19-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
No problems at all. Definately consider a good valve body upgrade, and you will be very happy with the results.

We are now doing valve body upgrades for $799 plus freight. Chirps in 2nd and 3rd gears! :)

Tell more about your VB upgrde? Is the info on your website? Do you guys do it or do you send it out to a 3rd party for upgrading?

booger 04-19-2006 08:52 AM

Now you come out with it :mad: :mad: :mad: ....J/K... I paid $1,000.00 for mine . Just remember , with an AT5 you WHP will never match what a MT6 will put down with the same kit and psi .

Sharif@Forged 04-19-2006 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Tell more about your VB upgrde? Is the info on your website? Do you guys do it or do you send it out to a 3rd party for upgrading?

Like other shops, we send them out to an experience tranny expert. There are few people I would trust with a VB upgrade, but this person is a meticulous expert, and the results are outstanding. I can guarantee the performance and results will be identical to, or better than the other QUALITY VB upgrades out there. This isnt some crappy Stillen VB upgrade. :D http://www.forgedinternals.com/store...cat=261&page=1

Booger dont feel bad. Our price is $799, but we decided to charge shipping seperately, since customers have different time lines, and rush schedules that we sometimes have to meet. We decided to go $799, and charge actual shipping, based on how quickly a customer needs it shipped around. Turnaround time is just 1 week, plus a few days for shipping.

xedes 04-19-2006 09:27 AM

Like other shops, we send them out to an experience tranny expert. There are few people I would trust with a VB upgrade, but this person is a meticulous expert, and the results are outstanding. I can guarantee the performance and results will be identical to, or better than the other QUALITY VB upgrades out there. This isnt some crappy Stillen VB upgrade. :D http://www.forgedinternals.com/store...cat=261&page=1

Booger dont feel bad. Our price is $799, but we decided to charge shipping seperately, since customers have different time lines, and rush schedules that we sometimes have to meet. We decided to go $799, and charge actual shipping, based on how quickly a customer needs it shipped around. Turnaround time is just 1 week, plus a few days for shipping.

This is good to know... I'll be contacting you soon.

nateg35 04-19-2006 11:32 AM

how is this compared to SGP? thanks

SinCity350Z 04-19-2006 12:10 PM

I have a buddy who put a JWT TT on his 5AT with no problems so far, but its de-tuned to around 350whp until he gets his VB upgrade. Going with the Stillen Stage 3 on my 5AT G35 in a few weeks as well.

Fairlady_z33 04-19-2006 12:54 PM

Any videos on this sharif

Sharif@Forged 04-19-2006 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by nateg35
how is this compared to SGP? thanks

Without getting into specifics, they are identical, for all practical purposes.

As for a video, Bailyrx just recieved his, and he's installing a Greddy TT kit at the same time. When he is done, I will ask him to post a video.

KraftG35 04-19-2006 01:43 PM

Sharif - This is very good news.

NETSHARK 04-19-2006 01:51 PM

Sharif do you offer Torque Converters also ?

i already planed to do Valve Body upgrade at your shop :) since i called last time :)

Sharif@Forged 04-19-2006 01:55 PM

No trq converters yet. According to my tranny expert, he feels comfortable pushing the stock tranny to 500 whp easily with just the VB upgrade.

35X 04-19-2006 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
my tranny didnt hold up but had AAM install a VB and TC and its stong now.

Blew my tranny, AAM is working on VB and TC.

roneski 04-20-2006 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
I have a buddy who put a JWT TT on his 5AT with no problems so far, but its de-tuned to around 350whp until he gets his VB upgrade. Going with the Stillen Stage 3 on my 5AT G35 in a few weeks as well.

^^^ That's me.:icon38:

Sharif, what the average turn around time on your VB upgrade?

Edit: Nevermind, saw it in your original post. I'll be in contact.

Sharif@Forged 04-20-2006 07:16 AM

^^^Turnaround time can be as fast as 3 business days, if you choose the overnight shipping option. :)