Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbo kit ratings

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 04:27 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
When do we get to see an independent dyno of that setup? I'd like to see what that setup puts down on something other than JWT's dyno.
This set-up, VRT/JWT 700BB TT has been dynoed (on a few cars now), on JWT's Dyna-Pac, The Dyno Shops Dyno Jet, on Stillens dyno, etc. with great consistancy.

As for the dyno runs at Stillen days, the first attempt was a pull at 20psi in 5th gear. The car spun the tires (heavily) on the dyno (reaching, I believe 800 lbs/tq.) before the dyno errored out. The second run was made in 6th gear (to combat wheel spin due to torque) the dyno then errored out (stating that it exceeds maximum MPH.), then the boost was lowered to arround 18psi., thats when it made only 6xx whp and 7xx tq. Not too impressive compared to what this kit will do at 24 psi.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:42 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
This set-up, VRT/JWT 700BB TT has been dynoed (on a few cars now), on JWT's Dyna-Pac, The Dyno Shops Dyno Jet, on Stillens dyno, etc. with great consistancy.

As for the dyno runs at Stillen days, the first attempt was a pull at 20psi in 5th gear. The car spun the tires (heavily) on the dyno (reaching, I believe 800 lbs/tq.) before the dyno errored out. The second run was made in 6th gear (to combat wheel spin due to torque) the dyno then errored out (stating that it exceeds maximum MPH.), then the boost was lowered to arround 18psi., thats when it made only 6xx whp and 7xx tq. Not too impressive compared to what this kit will do at 24 psi.
This is a video I took of Sound Peformance's 1400whp Supra on the dyno on STREE TIRES. Stick some big guys in the hatch and let her rip. If 1400hp can be put down, then a little over half of that shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx
Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

You mean fuelflow right?
No, I am refering to mass airflow generated by the turbos. This gives a good indicator of the absolute power potential of the turbocharger.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Would you mind posting the dyno charts from the dynojet? I havent seen any posted before...just the DynoPack numbers.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
No, I am refering to mass airflow generated by the turbos. This gives a good indicator of the absolute power potential of the turbocharger.

I'm sorry...I was thinking of the wrong thread...I thought you were talking about the APS extreme fuel system..not the turbo kit.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
FrickU

This is a video I took of Sound Peformance's 1400whp Supra on the dyno on STREE TIRES. Stick some big guys in the hatch and let her rip. If 1400hp can be put down, then a little over half of that shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx
Ok first of all what was the last gear they were pulling, and in my opinion that is just unsafe to me and I would not get into the back of a car to help it from not jumping off the dyno. If the event occured were to I would need to gain about 200 pounds to look like one of those guys
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FrickU
I would need to gain about 200 pounds to look like one of those guys
git'er done
Old 10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by FrickU
Ok first of all what was the last gear they were pulling, and in my opinion that is just unsafe to me and I would not get into the back of a car to help it from not jumping off the dyno. If the event occured were to I would need to gain about 200 pounds to look like one of those guys

Third gear (but gears on a built drag auto aren't really comparable to a 6mt Z). They weren't worried about it "jumping" off the dyno, they wanted to make sure it didn't spin the tires on the dyno. They have lots of straps to make sure the car doesn't move.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

There are a couple different ways to strap down a car on the dynojet. At a typical dyno day, they will do the lazy strapping approach, and simply keep the car from coming off the dyno. Unfortunately, this doesnt apply nearly enough load on the rollers, and anything over 500whp will easily spin. They need to strap through the control arms, and apply downward force onto the rollers.....when you see your wheels tuck into your fender wells, you know its being done right. I can guarantee there will be no tire slip..even at massive power levels...in 5th gear.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Nice touching base today Sharif. If this Tilton doesn't work out, perhaps Andreas can get one of your suggestions.

I am currently working on my 2005 Yellow Z as a Track/Time Attack car.

Would love to meet up with you and a few others on the tracks and have a great day eating up some Hoosiers. As for big power on the dyno, I am truly looking for the absolute best handling, power/weight set-up for high speed cornering. Going to Willow Springs this weekend, Cal-speedway next, Infinion next month, as well as Laguna getting ready for the Modified/Redline Time Attack at Button Willow in December.

No dyno queen here. Won't need any supplemental AMPS to the 255 Fuel Pump for Big Runs...LOL. And yes that is how we achieved higher numbers than normal, more voltage to the fuel pump... You and Briguy are correct, a single 255 pump can only push so much...Even with a Boost Fuel Pressure Regulator. Without more Voltage or another pump, impossible.

Let me know when we can all meet up at a track. Willing to meet in the middle?

ALSO
Awesome Write up in Nissan Sport Todd. Looking Good and Congrats.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 10-09-2006 at 06:20 PM.