Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
this will not work, some ppl just dont know how to drive their cars, spacially those who dont have the money to buy or built their engines.

not all of them but 88% of them. specially with a turbo kit, they will come runing for you to get turbo and warranty
WTF are you talking about? Didn't your sleeved motor just fail? Was it because you didn't know how to drive
Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cass007
WTF are you talking about? Didn't your sleeved motor just fail? Was it because you didn't know how to drive
Cass with a knockout blow!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 AM
jtgli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris I love it.....!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 AM
XKR

OUCH !!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Funniest $hit Ive seen you post!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

hahahahahahaha....hes sure come a VERY long way from his n00b days
Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Denial of warranty coverage to FT customer with blown stock block Vortech setup:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ease-help.html

Is Dave's warranty really all it's cracked up to be? Or just some marketing hype to lure customers?
Well this is interesting just got confirmation from a very good customer and friend of g35keys. According to the secondary customer the oil level was never checked since the install and the car was heavily abused. Please await photos of the draining of oil.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

<table style="width: 194px;"><tbody><tr><td style="height: 194px;" http:="" picasaweb.google.com="" s="" c="" transparent_album_background.gif="" target="_blank" align="center"></td></tr><tr><td style="text-align: center; font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px;">g35keys oil drain</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by DaveFunction2ND; 08-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Not sure what that proves, he already stated it had no oil...

He said it was good on oil when he fixed the fuel leak.. How would anyone burn oil that fast in a few wks?...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z

He said it was good on oil when he fixed the fuel leak.. How would anyone burn oil that fast in a few wks?...
It was actually less than one week.

What could be possibly more interesting are pics of the inside of the intercooler.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 AM
XKR

I was thinking the samething.....

Plus Dave you say a "friend" of the OP told you he runs has car hard...Hmmm... Dave please read your Warranty again...I dont see where it states not to exceed ## RPM. Hell, I could call you on the phone and tell you that I am the OP's best friend...and i see him at the track every weekend...prove it

I fully understand what you are saying Dave and I was on your side until....well you know...IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE WARRANTY.....the OP would be SOL.....He paid extra for it...he should get something for it.

I have always felt that warranty would cause problem for you.....it causes problem for stillen....
Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by djamps
It was actually less than one week.

What could be possibly more interesting are pics of the inside of the intercooler.
Regardless that would not be a warranty issue. I did not built the supercharger and on top of that it was a used unit that I did not sell to g35keys. There is no oil leaking around the couplers so I can tell you that if there is oil it is minimal. 4 quarts of oil in the IC would be leaking EVERYWHERE. I have turbo cars that puke oil into the IC so I know what it looks like.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
I was thinking the samething.....

Plus Dave you say a "friend" of the OP told you he runs has car hard...Hmmm... Dave please read your Warranty again...I dont see where it states not to exceed ## RPM. Hell, I could call you on the phone and tell you that I am the OP's best friend...and i see him at the track every weekend...prove it

I fully understand what you are saying Dave and I was on your side until....well you know...IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE WARRANTY.....the OP would be SOL.....He paid extra for it...he should get something for it.

I have always felt that warranty would cause problem for you.....it causes problem for stillen....
He paid nothing extra for the warranty. We only require that the customer use the recommended mix of parts and have us install and tune the system. This is to insure that all parts are installed properly and that tuning is done by me. I do not even require that the parts are purchased from us. All labor and tuning charges are the same if a customer was to install only certain parts or do a full warranty coverage install.

I actually went above and beyond for g35keys and covered him at a higher then normal boost level. This was our agreement. He would put headers and test pipes as quickly as possible to lower the effective boost level. The install was completed 6/5/09. It took him almost 1.5 months to get the test pipes (which are not installed). Although I still don't think he has the headers, only the test pipes.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
He paid nothing extra for the warranty. We only require that the customer use the recommended mix of parts and have us install and tune the system. This is to insure that all parts are installed properly and that tuning is done by me. I do not even require that the parts are purchased from us. All labor and tuning charges are the same if a customer was to install only certain parts or do a full warranty coverage install.

I actually went above and beyond for g35keys and covered him at a higher then normal boost level. This was our agreement. He would put headers and test pipes as quickly as possible to lower the effective boost level. The install was completed 6/5/09. It took him almost 1.5 months to get the test pipes (which are not installed). Although I still don't think he has the headers, only the test pipes.
But Dave....the bottom line is he had a warranty.....and now you even said that you took the chance to cover him for higher than normal boost. WHY ...

You should have told the OP that he would not be covered until those parts were installed.....The OP will say that you said no such thing....So too late on that.

My question to you is..why would you give the OP more boost with all that limited flow? Why not turn down the boost until all parts were installed.

The OP would not have a leg to stand on if he had went to another shop that did not offer him coverage.

Last edited by XKR; 08-20-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

The "warranty" is bs IMHO..... Ill call it how I see it..

I think the "warranty" program should be removed....

If there wasnt any warranty promised there prob wouldnt be any questions asked or threads..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 08-20-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by XKR
My question to you is..why would you give the OP more boost with all that limited flow? Why not turn down the boost until all parts were installed.
Because it's a supercharger and not a turbo. And for a lot of not-so-baller customers like myself, we don't want to pay the labor for 2 tunes and installation of 2 different pullies.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by bb1314
Because it's a supercharger and not a turbo. And for a lot of not-so-baller customers like myself, we don't want to pay the labor for 2 tunes and installation of 2 different pullies.
3.12 pulley -> 2.87 pulley -> diff engine management...I got three tunes in past 4 months.....Just playing.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
XKR

The "warranty" is bs IMHO..... Ill call it how I see it..

I think the "warranty" program should be removed....

If there wasnt any warranty promised there prob wouldnt be any questions asked or threads..
And thats what i am saying ...I agree

Originally Posted by bb1314
I understand....but I wanted to know why Dave would warranty a car with that much limited flow on high boost.

Last edited by XKR; 08-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
And thats what i am saying ...I agree
But we will be the bad guys for calling it how we see it..

Ill take 1 for the team though...

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED STOCK MOTOR FI Warranty Program