Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Dajersyrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Why would you put it all the way at the back. You will have a power band of about 1500rpm. IMO waste of time.

The 7675 will fit in the mid-mount location, and that will get it spooling much quicker than at the rear. Even with the small 62mm turbos and small .68 a/r T4's guys with this set-up are getting horrible power bands....as in nothing is going on till 5,000rpm.
I had the chance to install one of the very first STS kits back in 2007 and looking back to page 1 of this thread, we were able to make 390ft lbs of TQ starting at just 2500 rpms....Most other shops hit Peak TQ at 3500-4500 rpms which is where the 350z makes peak TQ (if you knew anything about anything, especially tuning a 350Z you would know this). It doesnt matter where you put the turbo the peak TQ will be the peak TQ no matter what. The HP curve may change with a larger turbo where it will make more HP up top and lose the fun driveability down low.

At the point you do a stupid design like your kit and the STS kit, by placing a turbo underneath a car, to be quite honest the difference in spool up is negligible if you compare the same turbo to the same turbo. The exhaust reaches the tip in a split second, so the second you start your engine and produce exhaust, your spinning the turbine wheel in the rear mount kit, providing the wastegate is closed.

Your design is stupid and so is STS's design, if placing a turbo charger underneath a car was a good idea, you would see all the automakers and race car teams doing it. So far, you and STS are the only people doing this stupid crap..

So, if you're comparing crap to crap, then your crap "LOOKS" superior to STS in design I will give you that much. But at the end of the day, it is STILL crap..

To date the best Single turbo kit we installed was the Powerlabs kit, its a shame they are no longer around..Put the Crap Turbonetics design to shame...

As far as your turbo kit being the best single kit on the market, well thats not hard when your the only kit on the market cause all the other manufacturers dropped the unprofitable Z platform the second the GTR came out..

You do talk a lot of smack on competitors products, and I think you need to step your game up before you're allowed to do that. So far the highest HP producing 350Z's in history, were NOT on your kit..Sorry to bust your bubble welder boy..

Last edited by Dajersyrat; 05-26-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:40 PM
Dajersyrat

Name:  dyno_20070830.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  85.8 KB

Just in case you missed it, spooled by 2500 rpms. I cant recall if this car was an auto or not, it may have been.I remember there was something strange with the TQ curve, I think it had an auto with stall converter.

Last edited by Dajersyrat; 05-26-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
You mean like the 7675 in Jorge's (IIQuickSilverII) Z? A 7675 fits up front just fine.

I remember that car..Didnt he make 800+whp back in 2007?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:18 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Intense widebody shop G35 made 906whp back in December of '07 with a 76mm turbo. Jorge's Z wasn't completed until much later. I don't recall the exact number, but his Z made over 900whp as well. Hopefully Jorge will post his results.

Regardless, all these single turbo kits can accommodate a 7675 in their respective locations. So that debate is ridiculous.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-26-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 AM
Dajersyrat

The Intense widebody shop G35 made 906whp back in December of '07 with a 76mm turbo. Jorge's Z wasn't completed until much later. I don't recall the exact number, but his Z made over 900whp as well. Hopefully Jorge will post his results.

Regardless, all these single turbo kits can accommodate a 7675 in their respective locations. So that debate is ridiculous.
Well I guess when you market your kit on a smear campaign of others kits, and preach the big T4 option to a forum full of newbies that dont understand that guys been there done that several years back, you can make any claims you want. No one contests his claims of obvious ******** and slander..Until now

Apparently he can say what he wants with little to no impunity on the forums and discredit all the pioneers of the Z platform. I said it before and Ill say it again, PUTTING A TURBO UNDER YOUR CAR IS A STUPID STUPID STUPID DESIGN...PERIOD..Mid mount, rear mount,roof mount....STUPID..

Big turbos make big numbers and make the car miserable to drive, where a properly sized turbo makes the car fun to drive. Leave the massive turbos for the drag cars..

Last edited by Dajersyrat; 05-27-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dajersyrat
At the point you do a stupid design like your kit and the STS kit, by placing a turbo underneath a car, to be quite honest the difference in spool up is negligible if you compare the same turbo to the same turbo. The exhaust reaches the tip in a split second, so the second you start your engine and produce exhaust, your spinning the turbine wheel in the rear mount kit, providing the wastegate is closed.

Your design is stupid and so is STS's design, if placing a turbo charger underneath a car was a good idea, you would see all the automakers and race car teams doing it. So far, you and STS are the only people doing this stupid crap..

So, if you're comparing crap to crap, then your crap "LOOKS" superior to STS in design I will give you that much. But at the end of the day, it is STILL crap..

To date the best Single turbo kit we installed was the Powerlabs kit, its a shame they are no longer around..Put the Crap Turbonetics design to shame...

As far as your turbo kit being the best single kit on the market, well thats not hard when your the only kit on the market cause all the other manufacturers dropped the unprofitable Z platform the second the GTR came out..

I am not going to get in to it with you, as it is clear that you have no idea how a turbo system works, and the role heat plays when it comes to spool/response. You have clearly come back here to stir things up for no apparent reason....other than maybe needing attention from your "pals".

For one to say that a boost curve difference is negligible when comparing a rear mount turbo to anything placed close to the headers is beyond me.

I will just leave these here for you to look at, and if you can come up with something more intelligent than "that is a stupid design", let me know.

VQ35DE, 93 pump:

Name:  350ztwinscroll516whp_zps6fba381b.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  141.0 KB

Low compression VQ35DE Rev-up, 93 pump:

Name:  DontwinscrollVQ35DE_zps0bcb78b5.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  68.1 KB

Nothing fancy here, both are simple to install "out of the box" kits. No meth, stock heads, stock cams, no race gas...ect.

There is no need for me to reply to any more of your posts. Evidence is one thing, comments like "this is a stupid kit" is something very different.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 05-27-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Drako_MDx

Originally Posted by Dajersyrat
I had the chance to install one of the very first STS kits back in 2007 and looking back to page 1 of this thread, we were able to make 390ft lbs of TQ starting at just 2500 rpms....Most other shops hit Peak TQ at 3500-4500 rpms which is where the 350z makes peak TQ (if you knew anything about anything, especially tuning a 350Z you would know this). It doesnt matter where you put the turbo the peak TQ will be the peak TQ no matter what. The HP curve may change with a larger turbo where it will make more HP up top and lose the fun driveability down low.

You do talk a lot of smack on competitors products, and I think you need to step your game up before you're allowed to do that. So far the highest HP producing 350Z's in history, were NOT on your kit..Sorry to bust your bubble welder boy..
I'm one of many proud owner of BP Kit and every shop I've visited an had them dyno my car are insanely impressed at how efficiently my car makes power.

On my lowest setting possible I make more power then most other turbo setup do in 10 to 11psi. When my block was stock with stock exhaust manifolds my car made 430whp/389tq @7.89psi on a Dynojet. Mind you this is my duty cycle set at 14% on EBC. At just under 10psi (EBC set to 18%) my car did 469whp/430tq. At that time the only thing I had was the Motordyne Spacer on stock plenum. Both of those pulls were with a stock slipping clutch so who knows what I was actually doing at the time.

Boosted Performance Kit has less bends and equal to less pipe length than Most of the other top mounts out there. Everything that causes heat is tucked under the car away from engine... so absolutely no heat soak. Since all the components that get hot are under the car... the bottom airflow quickly and efficiently gets rid of the heat. I can confirm this by how quickly my 2nd EGT(Just after turbo exhaust) lowers after hard pulls while I'm still driving. The only down side to the BP Kit is that you can't show it off at car meets and the possibility of scavenge pump failure in the future if it even happens.

It's obvious you've never dealt with this kit before unlike some of us who've dealt with most of them.

Last edited by Drako_MDx; 05-27-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:55 PM
athenG

wow.. what happen here? crap vs crap? is Julian back?

Anyways.. I haven't been driving my STS (crap) G35 that much anymore. I had this since 2005 and it never gave me any major problem. I have never imagine selling or letting go of this car!! I just picked up my 20014 Porsche Cayenne GTS a week ago and this is the first time I have felt I'm ready to let go of the G35 For now the G35 will stay in the garage a little longer...
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

You mean like the 7675 in Jorge's (IIQuickSilverII) Z? A 7675 fits up front just fine.
Its a 76S turbo... for the classic supra Powa days lol

Ive made 967 on race gas, but what I was more impressed with was the number I got on 91 octane after Chris @BMR (full race) re-tuned my car

Actual redline is set at 7500 right now

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-27-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by mattsmoove350z
What are you an idoit? A V6 engine will have a hard time spooling such a big turbo and your turbo lag will be crazy. Your power will be very limited. Why would you want to put such a big turbo on our car anyway when it wouldnt even spool it. The fact that the rear mount setup introduces more lag because the turbo is further away from the engine. Then you want a bigger turbo like that will help. A GT35R, 6266, and a 6766 is perfect for a VQ. GT35R turbo can handle 600hp which is very easy for a built VQ to make. 6766 can handle 900hp
/???

I have you ever even driven a car with a big turbo?....I mean...sheez supras have been doing it for years... I feel like we are back in 2006 in this forum all of the sudden in the Infancy of the FI vqs... some make too much of the "lag", I just takes a bit different driving and good to go

I drive it around just fine... its not a supercharger, you have to get the turbo to spool, no issues driving around Vegas downtown..strip..and I get traction fine

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-27-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mattsmoove has never driven a "big" turbo car (a 76mm turbo is not big by any stretch either) His opinions are so far off base its funny. Limited power? I have twin 62s with peak torque around 5000 rpms, 8200 redline and whp climbing to redline. Thats what a big turbo setup can do.

While that tiny gt35 is blowing the tires off with unusable 3000 rpm trq and power taking a huge dump at 6000 rpms, a big turbo car just keeps on trucking.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:24 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Mattsmoove has never driven a "big" turbo car (a 76mm turbo is not big by any stretch either) His opinions are so far off base its funny. Limited power? I have twin 62s with peak torque around 5000 rpms, 8200 redline and whp climbing to redline. Thats what a big turbo setup can do.

While that tiny gt35 is blowing the tires off with unusable 3000 rpm trq and power taking a huge dump at 6000 rpms, a big turbo car just keeps on trucking.
I always lurk around the forums, and though I don't post much....I enjoy your posts man

Seriously, as its been said here, there is a point about lack OGs posting and people just go around talking and noobs take the wrong information in, vendors post biased information to their products... it happens...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-28-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:28 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i smell blood ^^ .. and they blocked facebook at work finally..so I guess Im back heh heh
Old 05-28-2014, 02:32 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by CMyTailsBlink

Ah man, I remember when my first build was complete. I didn't want any thing in the exhaust stream before the turbo, so I said no resonator. Jesus it sounded TERRIBLE. LIke a damn pack of fart can Hondas coming down the road I took it out for the first drive, came right back to the shop and put a resonator in there.

I can't remember the brand i used, but i think any HFC should work just fine. Just make sure its not cheap and going to come apart a kill your turbo. That has happened to one of the other rear mount guys, i think it was AthenG.
i went w a larger dia polished 200 cell metallic HFC and it fixed this issue up fast.. zero problems ever since.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
I always lurk around the forums, and though I don't post much....I enjoy your posts man

Seriously, as its been said here, there is a point about lack OGs posting and people just go around talking and noobs take the wrong information in, vendors post biased information to their products... it happens...
Gee, why would they want to do that? Possibly to self promote their products as superior and come off like a pioneer, trying to reinvent what the true pioneers of the platform did over 7 years ago..
Old 05-28-2014, 09:49 PM
IIQuickSilverII

It happens.. People are trying to move a product... People gotta feed families ...lol

But if info is corrected....fine but if not fair game to debate it.. Be that for "in" or not in the community.

I mean those 2 dyno charts above... K so one looks a smoother power curve...that in the big picture doesn't mean much to anybody driving over the second dyno chart... Which I'd take it first anyways cause it actually makes 50 more whp

But really its meaningless because we don't know the comparison parameters, how the tune works in lower idle, street driving, cold start, what psi, what ems, what psi, injector size, tune temp conditions... I mean comparisons like that with out knowing More about it are meaningless and frankly misleading to noobs that don't know enough to ask those question or told to overthink think minor smoothings on the curve ver the big picture of the setup!

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-28-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:03 AM
Dajersyrat

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
It happens.. People are trying to move a product... People gotta feed families ...lol

But if info is corrected....fine but if not fair game to debate it.. Be that for "in" or not in the community.

I mean those 2 dyno charts above... K so one looks a smoother power curve...that in the big picture doesn't mean much to anybody driving over the second dyno chart... Which I'd take it first anyways cause it actually makes 50 more whp

But really its meaningless because we don't know the comparison parameters, how the tune works in lower idle, street driving, cold start, what psi, what ems, what psi, injector size, tune temp conditions... I mean comparisons like that with out knowing More about it are meaningless and frankly misleading to noobs that don't know enough to ask those question or told to overthink think minor smoothings on the curve ver the big picture of the setup!
I always tried to go for the smoother and safer tune for street cars with non built motors. On built motors I often went for peak hp under the drivable curve. On a race car, I would go for the highest hp and not really care about the smoothness..
Old 10-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Agustice356

Default Sts turbo

Hey I'm new to this I am looking to install the sts turbo and they wanted around 12 grand I'm just wondering what other places are offering for prices
Old 10-17-2014, 03:54 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

prepare your angus .
Old 10-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Agustice356
Hey I'm new to this I am looking to install the sts turbo and they wanted around 12 grand I'm just wondering what other places are offering for prices
Just do it your self, put the car on jack stands and follow instructions.

Quick Reply: Official STS Rear Mount Turbo Discussion Thread