Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Hi everyone, as most of you know, I've been a big advocate of the eManage system when coupled with the appropriate harness, and proper tuning.

Well, the eManage Ultimate has been in the works for quite some time, and it should begin arriving in the states by mid to late July. Price is TBD, but likely in the neighborhood of $600.

The feature set is dramatically improved, and now, this eManage Ultimate is almost a stand-alone ECU in just about every way. Some highlights include target A/F ratio tuning (just like the HKS FCON), the ability to pricely map timing and advance OR retard timing via crank angle wire input, mulitiple correction tables for fuel and timing. Even individual cylinder fuel and timing adjustment! Now, we can add fuel and retard timing to just the rear cylinders, if that is something a tuner would like to do, since they tend to run hotter. And you'll be happy to hear that the RPM adaptor is no longer needed!

Here is some more detail...what do you guys think? I can tell you that I will definately be upgrading my eManage setup, since its unlikely that anyone else will close to this level of functionality for many more months. Like most of the products we sell, we like to try them out first, before actively selling them to customers. But I think looks like a giant step forward in piggypack tuning, at a very reasonable price.

some details about the eManage Ultimate

Airflow Output Map - Previously labeled “Airflow Adjustment Map” is now “Airflow Output Map”. This can now used to eliminate the factory airflow meter. This is done by directly inputting voltage or frequency in to this map.
Anti Engine Stall Feature - The 8 adjustment cells are now upgraded to 16 cells, for even finer adjustment.
Injection Adjustment Map - Fuel trimming in the previous system was achieved by adjusting the “Airflow Adjustment Map” which could also affect the ignition timing. The improved “Injection Adjustment Map” is used to trim and add fuel directly by controlling the injector signal, therefore it will not affect the ignition timing at all. (However with an internal jumper setting change, the system is still able to trim the fuel by adjusting the airflow signal like the previous unit)
Acceleration Injection Map - Like the “Injection Adjustment Map”, the “Acceleration Injection Map” can trim fuel by controlling the injector signal. This is used if it is necessary to smooth rapid transitions to wide open throttle.
Individual Cylinder Injection Adj. & Individual Cylinder Ignition Adj. Maps - It is possible to correct uneven combustion between cylinders, by fine tuning each individual cylinder for more advanced tuning.
Vehicle Speed Correction Map - Inconsistencies due to differences in vehicle speed (difference in load) can be corrected with this map.
Coolant Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 1) - When the ECU Coolant Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges.
Intake Air Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 2) - When the ECU Intake Air Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges. This map is also be used when eliminating the airflow meter on a vehicle equipped with a hotwire type airflow meter.
Rev Limiter Cut - For vehicles with a fuel cutting controlled rev limiter, this feature will drive the injectors past the factory rev limiter. *This feature will not work on vehicles with rev limiter controlled by ignition cut.
A/F Target Value Map (feedback tuning function) - By inputting target Air Fuel values in this map, “e-mange Ultimate” will automatically make corrections to the “Injection Map,” if an A/F meter (*high quality) is connected to the Auxiliary Output signal. This feature can shorten the tuning time.
Ignition Adjustment Map - The “Ignition Adjustment Map” can accurately advance ignition timing by controlling the crank angle / cam angle signal.
Acceleration Ignition Map - Ignition timing can also be corrected for a rapid change in the throttle opening rate for a smoother transition into wide open throttle.
NVCS Control Map - NVCS (Nissan Valve Control System) can be controlled with out the need for NVCS Adapter 1.
Analog Output Map - This feature can be used to eliminate the factory boost cut function on vehicles that are equipped with both an airflow meter and a pressure sensor (i.e.: FC3S, Subaru). Also, on some vehicles, the factory feedback range can be adjusted by outputting a corrected throttle position signal.
Auxiliary Output Map - The fixed 4x4 map on the previous unit is now a fully adjustable 16x16 map. Set your own "ON" and "OFF" conditions.
Idle Stabilization Map - If the factory idle control valve is a solenoid type valve, this map can vary the valve’s duration to adjust the injection rate. This is used when eliminating the airflow meter.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 06-29-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:01 PM
theking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emanage Ultimate

Looks like I'll be making a trip to NC in a month and a half. That should give you enough time to get the bugs ironed out. Sounds like we can have a true speed density system if we want it. Target A/F is going to be nice!
Alan
Old 06-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by theking
Looks like I'll be making a trip to NC in a month and a half. That should give you enough time to get the bugs ironed out. Sounds like we can have a true speed density system if we want it. Target A/F is going to be nice!
Alan
Great...I have always enjoyed being the guinea pig. The nice thing is that all the normal eManage harness will work, so you dont have to buy all those, and you can leave your wiring intact. There is the "ultimate harness" that adds the high level of functionality, which appears to make this an easy swap. I guess I will find out soon enough.

But yes, target A/F correction is baaddaas. So if the ECU decides to act up and run lean or rich, the eManage can auto correct injector pulse width.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:29 PM
cquence 350 [Z]

Keep us updated on when it will arrive to the States! Its sounds like it is much improved and looking forward to getting it. This unit just replaces the old E-Manage setup we currently have right now right? I just love the fact that it has a target A/F correction function.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:36 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds very promising!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
johanna1

Can you still keep all your funtions like TCS and stuff?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:58 PM
PumpedVA

bump

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
cquence 350 [Z]

now is this E-manage ultimate the same unit as the gold version I heard about awhile back? I knew Greddy had the gold one but didn't know if it is the same as this one or not. Do you think with the new ultimate E-manage will prevent our engines from possible blown motor?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

cquence, basically, yeah, similar if not the same as the gold version.

Here's some pics of it.

Sharif, doesn't this have higher resolution maps for tuning?

Last edited by nis350ztt; 06-29-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM
theking

No it isn't the same as the gold. The difference between the gold and the blue is software and one change to the circuit board.
It doesn't have alot of the features described. It has it's own autotune but no maf output voltage assignable. We can get rid of maf altogether. Finally we can have rock solid timing!
Originally Posted by cquence 350 [Z]
now is this E-manage ultimate the same unit as the gold version I heard about awhile back? I knew Greddy had the gold one but didn't know if it is the same as this one or not. Do you think with the new ultimate E-manage will prevent our engines from possible blown motor?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:45 PM
cquence 350 [Z]

cool so the E-Manage Ultimate is the way to go for Greddy TT users then right? Sharif, you should make a GB for this unit. I am sure there will be lots of people on here that would probably be interested.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

cool so the E-Manage Ultimate is the way to go for Greddy TT users then right? Sharif, you should make a GB for this unit. I am sure there will be lots of people on here that would probably be interested.
+1. I may be interested in a group buy.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Well, like the current setup, there is no reason to get rid of the MAF, as it wont be used at all in the tuning process. But will remain so the ECU doesnt freak out, and will start, idle, and cruise the car like normal.

I will most likely host a GB on the product, but I would like everyone's opinion on something. I can actually get a bunch of these units much earlier than I thought...like next week. But I am reluctant to sell it to you guys without testing it out first.

Theoretically, it works just like the normal eManage, but about 5 times better in just about every way. I cant think of any reason that an eManage blue would work on the 350Z, and this Ultimate version wouldnt. I'd like to hear people's opinions on a GB on this, assuming we can get at least 5 people interested.

Retail on the unit is $680 and the ulitimate harness is $120. GB price will be waaaay lower than that....likely $560-0$580 shipped for the emanage, and about $100 for the harness, and of course, it will include technical support as always.

If you guys can wait a few weeks, I dont mine installing one and running some dyno tests on the units....road test..etc.

On a side note, the more I research this, the better I like it. Now, by tapping the injectors as we have in the past, you can actually enrich, AND REDUCE fuel via IPW changes. With the current eManage, you can only add fuel via IPW increases. I cant tell you how many times we have these rich dips in tuning, and its very challenging to get ride of them. With this system, its going to be a snap! This allows very precise mapping of fuel and timing, without messing with the MAF correction.

GB SERIOUS interest list:

1) sharif@forged
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 06-29-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
jdx911

Can somebody list the major differences and similarties between Emanage Ultimate and HKS FCON V PRO. Why would one choose FCON over Emanage or vice versa?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Sharif, doesn't this have higher resolution maps for tuning?
Some of the maps, like the anti stall map have higher res, but the main fuel and timing maps are still 16X16. You can easily scale and tighten up certain ranges, to give yourself greater resolution around certain known problem areas on the power curve.

One of the very nice features is the "Accelerator adjustment map". Ever notice how the Greddy cars go PIG rich for an instant when you floor the car? The IPW increase can overloads the injectors for a split second, resulting in this rich condition. With the correction table, you can dial that back for a moment, and really improve throttle response, and overall drivability.

I guess you guys can tell..I havent been this excited about a new product in a long time.

To my knowledge, no other piggyback unit has injector and coil drivers, and this level of refinement, automation, and precise tuning capability....its like all the things I wished for...that were missing in the original blue eManage.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by jdx911
Can somebody list the major differences and similarties between Emanage Ultimate and HKS FCON V PRO. Why would one choose FCON over Emanage or vice versa?
With the V-Pro, cruise control and VDC or TCS does not work properly, with the ultimate eManage it will. That's enough for me to decide. Not to mention price vs. performance/features.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by jdx911
The HKS is a true standlone. Although the stock ECU remains, the FCON is dictating fuel and timing, among a few other things. The tuner would create the base map, and then fine tune. Usually, the FCON will be installed with a couple of sensors (pressure..etc..), and a knock amp, to complete the package. The FCON, from what I understand, is an AWESOME tuning tool. The drawback is that its expensive, and more importantly, only HKS Pro Dealers can tune the software. If you have an HKS Pro dealer near you, than you should consider the HKS as well, if your budget permits. As a true standalone, it will no doubt be better than the eManage ultimate.

Notice I said the eManage Ult is "virtually" like a standalone...but not quite. With the eManage ultimate, you are still taking a stock injector signal, and stock crank wire pulse, and then adding or subtracting to those signals. The big improvement, as mentioned, is that you can very precisely dial in at a particular A/F level, and the eManage can correct IPW to get you there. You can also add and subtract fuel via IPW changes...no MAF tricks here. Timing can be advanced AND retarded....essentially...your control over fuel and timing is very precise, and allows for thorough and complete tuning across the load points.

Nothing beats a standlone in terms of power, precision, and funtion. But IMHO, the eManage ulitimate comes a lot closer than before. And with the AEM standalone still vaporwear, I am jumping on this thing now.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
With the V-Pro, cruise control and VDC or TCS does not work properly, with the ultimate eManage it will. That's enough for me to decide. Not to mention price vs. performance/features.
Thats correct...forgot to mention that.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
TwiZted

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might be the product that convinces me to go the F/I route...... I wonder if it would have any benefit in terms on NA tuning??
Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I spoke to Greddy and they have confirmed that the eManage Ult is compatible with the 350Z...so all systems appear go. Couple of things:

1) You will not need to rewire your existing harnesses. The main harness and the ignition harness plug in to the new Ultimate...simple

2) The Ulitimate harness is new, and that one provides the extra functionality discusses, and that will need to be wired in.

3) You or your tuner will need a new version of the Greddy support tool, and your current maps will need to be exported to the new Ultimate to get the car to run. You "might" have to manually enter the values....but the technician wasnt sure about this. Either way, its a pretty straightforward process, and I would be happy to walk you through it over the phone.

4) There are some optional harnesses, like the AF input harness, that will be sold seperately. I can get pricing on that shortly, as it hasnt been released just yet.

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!