Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Si TRIM VORTECH.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Hexxum001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JET MECH
i will as soon as my girl freind get's my camera back to me lol! on that 2.62 pulley mod watch out because with the belt having less surface area to bite to you may have belt slipping problems! you may want to consider a 34 j/s cog, 28 s/c cog and a 3.12 serp pulley. i would have to do the speed calculations on the vortech web site to see what the final s/c rpm would be. i think if you kept the stock rev up cog setup 34/32 and went to the 2.62 serp pulley it would be a bad idea. your better off recogging the back side to achive a higher s/c speed. just my two cents! and that dose not amount to much.
Yeah, I think your setup is much better. The 2.62 pulley is just one of the many things that we have discussed. I already have the 2.87 pulley so I will just work around that pulley. This Si trim setup sounds promising though, so I'll probably just look into that before I do anything else.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:47 PM
JET MECH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Yeah, I think your setup is much better. The 2.62 pulley is just one of the many things that we have discussed. I already have the 2.87 pulley so I will just work around that pulley. This Si trim setup sounds promising though, so I'll probably just look into that before I do anything else.
One thing i like about the 2.87 pulley is it is possible to change the serp belt without removing the s/c head unit. i know because i shreaded one belt due to over tensioing it. makes it nice for those road side belt changes.lol!!!!!!!I will keep you guy's posted on the Si trim, I am going to do it for the sake of further R&D on ower setups for further power improvements. plus i am just bored.

Last edited by JET MECH; 12-04-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Floridaboy1605

You should be makin alot more power than that!!! im makin 425rwhp on 10 pounds!!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:28 PM
JET MECH

you are right! i need to go for a retune with Sam. i have made alot of changes since my last tune and those hp numbers are before my latest round of mod's.( exhaust, test pipes , mrev , re-pullying etc. etc.) my A/F's are around 10.0 to 9.5 through the rev range. rich is definately better than lean right now but bad for power. that power number posted on my sig was with 10 psi.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Floridaboy1605

ooo ok i thought they were with the 13 psi im gettin my charger back friday with the 28 tooth what kind of numbers did u put down with that and if you are going to upgrade go witht he t-trim and a 2.62 pulley
Old 12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
JET MECH

have not dynoed and tuned with the 13 psi yet. i have just done these mod's recently. that is why i only rev to 6600 rpm at this time. the 13 psi hit's at 7100 rpm, i am not going to rev up that high till i get the tune done. did it once just to see what psi i was going to get out of it.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Hexxum001

One thing i like about the 2.87 pulley is it is possible to change the serp belt without removing the s/c head unit. i know because i shreaded one belt due to over tensioing it. makes it nice for those road side belt changes.lol!!!!!!!I will keep you guy's posted on the Si trim, I am going to do it for the sake of further R&D on ower setups for further power improvements. plus i am just bored.
Cool deal. I will make sure to keep an eye open for updates on this. Us RevUp guys have to try a lot of these things out by trial and error because it is so new. If it's not a bother, can you PM me and let me know how it's going once you start working on the Si trim setup and whatnot. I am definitely really interested in upgrading to be able to take advantage of our higher revving capabilities and make lots more power! Thanks man.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Cool deal. I will make sure to keep an eye open for updates on this. Us RevUp guys have to try a lot of these things out by trial and error because it is so new. If it's not a bother, can you PM me and let me know how it's going once you start working on the Si trim setup and whatnot. I am definitely really interested in upgrading to be able to take advantage of our higher revving capabilities and make lots more power! Thanks man.
No problem! i will keep you and the community updated.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Hexxum001

No problem! i will keep you and the community updated.
Cool deal.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
JET MECH

just called vortech and found out the Si trim upgrade is available. all i have to do is send in my current V-2 SQ trim head unit and they will install the upgraded Si trim compressor wheel. other wise all internals and the diffuser assembly stay the same. cost will be $329.00. i guess i will be the first one to roll with this! supercharger is comming off this weekend and being sent out to vortech for the upgrade. i will keep you guy's posted on the outcome.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:25 PM
sentry65
the burninator

nice!

this kit has proven to have a lot of potential and $329 is pretty cheap for what looks like a solid upgrade
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by sentry65
nice!

this kit has proven to have a lot of potential and $329 is pretty cheap for what looks like a solid upgrade
my thoughts exactly!!!!!! we may be breaking some new ground here for the 350z vortech community!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
eez

i will as soon as my girl freind get's my camera back to me lol! on that 2.62 pulley mod watch out because with the belt having less surface area to bite to you may have belt slipping problems! you may want to consider a 34 j/s cog, 28 s/c cog and a 3.12 serp pulley. i would have to do the speed calculations on the vortech web site to see what the final s/c rpm would be. i think if you kept the stock rev up cog setup 34/32 and went to the 2.62 serp pulley it would be a bad idea. your better off recogging the back side to achive a higher s/c speed. just my two cents! and that dose not amount to much.
I went with the 28T on the SC. I had to get a 536 mm belt, but it just barely fit. Getting it tuned tomorrow by SGP, so we will see what power it puts down. My boost gage took a crap so I don't know how much PSI it's running.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
sentry65
the burninator

JET MECH, did you by chance find anything out about the E-trim blower when you were on the phone with them?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by sentry65
JET MECH, did you by chance find anything out about the E-trim blower when you were on the phone with them?
No i did not. sorry about that
Old 12-05-2007, 01:39 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by eez
I went with the 28T on the SC. I had to get a 536 mm belt, but it just barely fit. Getting it tuned tomorrow by SGP, so we will see what power it puts down. My boost gage took a crap so I don't know how much PSI it's running.
so you have the 34t j/s cog and the 28t s/c cog. what serp pulley are you running?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
sentry65
the burninator

No i did not. sorry about that
hehe no biggie, I should just call them, but I'm lazy and don't currently have plans for more power on my stock block
Old 12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

supercharger is comming off this weekend and being sent out to vortech for the upgrade.
Can I swing by this weekend and take some photos?
Stan-Secretly trying to steal your intake tubing...

Oh, and btw. Welcome to my350z. Bout time you got on here
Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
JET MECH

Originally Posted by istan
Can I swing by this weekend and take some photos?
Stan-Secretly trying to steal your intake tubing...

Oh, and btw. Welcome to my350z. Bout time you got on here
no problem! but i will have to bring my guard dogs into the garage so you dont walk off with my intake tube. lol j/k
Old 12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Hexxum001

just called vortech and found out the Si trim upgrade is available. all i have to do is send in my current V-2 SQ trim head unit and they will install the upgraded Si trim compressor wheel. other wise all internals and the diffuser assembly stay the same. cost will be $329.00. i guess i will be the first one to roll with this! supercharger is comming off this weekend and being sent out to vortech for the upgrade. i will keep you guy's posted on the outcome.
Sweet!! Damn, I'm excited about this news and it isn't even my car! But if everything works out for you, I will definitely be upgrading to the Si trim and your pulley setup too!

Quick Reply: Si TRIM VORTECH.