Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forced Induction for Noobs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I live at Crismon and US60! And I'll be driving from CA that same day. I'll be driving right through the West side all the way to the East side, then back to the West side for the event. I have to drop off the wife and kids first.

I'll let you know tomorrow if I'll be there for sure. I just need confirmation from Intense/Pro-EFI that it will be done on time.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:09 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marshall,

Looks like she's about to be experienced!

I have yet to get by the shop since my operation, and don't know that I will be able to in the next couple of weeks even. However, I do hear that your tune/buttoning-up is to be finalized to allow you to attend that event. While I'm personally (and I know that the rest of Intense & Jason from ProEFI are too) sooper dooper excited to see the results, I can only imagine how much more you are to finally take possession of your project after the amount of time, money, etc that you've sacrificed to this end. Anyhow, cheers to the finality of a long build and to a plentiful abundance of enjoyment that you will realize in the next couple of days.

Darren
Old 06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Marshall,

Looks like she's about to be experienced!

I have yet to get by the shop since my operation, and don't know that I will be able to in the next couple of weeks even. However, I do hear that your tune/buttoning-up is to be finalized to allow you to attend that event. While I'm personally (and I know that the rest of Intense & Jason from ProEFI are too) sooper dooper excited to see the results, I can only imagine how much more you are to finally take possession of your project after the amount of time, money, etc that you've sacrificed to this end. Anyhow, cheers to the finality of a long build and to a plentiful abundance of enjoyment that you will realize in the next couple of days.

Darren

Darren!

What's this about...providing customer service days after having half of your nervous system operated on??? Shouldn't you be popping pills or watching reruns of the Dukes of Hazard? LOL! J/K. Thanks for the update.

I am absolutely stoked about 2 things:

1. Darren is recovering well, it seems!
2. My car is almost done and I'll get to drive her again soon; as a whole new creature!

I'm going to call Pete just to check in again. I'm sure he gets sick of my check-in calls, but it is a healthy outlet for my anxiety. Yesterday I went para sailing (which I would NEVER normally do). Maybe another check in call will keep me from sky diving tonight!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ With or Without a parachuet?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
mrg1981

Originally Posted by SlideFox
^^ With or Without a parachuet?
I knew there was something I would forget!

Wallet...Check
Cell Phone...Check
Signed Waiver Form...Check
Airplane...Check
Pilot...Check
Parachute...oh, shiznit!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 PM
SlideFox

Old 07-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Z33 Track Pack

Default Cost?

Nice write up! Now I'm just wondering about the average cost for the Greddy TT kit w/FMIC itself, and what would be a fair price for install and tune? I do have a catback HKS Hi-power exhaust would that be sufficient enough for the added power? THanks
Old 07-04-2008, 07:44 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by Z33 Track Pack
Nice write up! Now I'm just wondering about the average cost for the Greddy TT kit w/FMIC itself, and what would be a fair price for install and tune? I do have a catback HKS Hi-power exhaust would that be sufficient enough for the added power? THanks
You should estimate around $2500 for installation (25hrs @ $100/hr). Make sure you factor in the installation of any accessories you add during your install (Gauges, Cooling Mods, Clutch, etc.). As for the price of the kit; I would just chekc some of the site sponsors websites, and check with your local shop and see what the everyone is offering it for.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Z33 Track Pack

You should estimate around $2500 for installation (25hrs @ $100/hr). Make sure you factor in the installation of any accessories you add during your install (Gauges, Cooling Mods, Clutch, etc.). As for the price of the kit; I would just chekc some of the site sponsors websites, and check with your local shop and see what the everyone is offering it for.
Thx, however can u tell me if I do this with stock motor what's the most I can achieve by just tuning the E-manage that comes with it? Reliably, as well as max hp possible? This is meaning just standard Greddy TT kit w/FMIC, aftermarket clutch/flywheel, Kaaz 1.5way diff, HKS Hi-power catback.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:30 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by Z33 Track Pack
Thx, however can u tell me if I do this with stock motor what's the most I can achieve by just tuning the E-manage that comes with it? Reliably, as well as max hp possible? This is meaning just standard Greddy TT kit w/FMIC, aftermarket clutch/flywheel, Kaaz 1.5way diff, HKS Hi-power catback.
Numbers will vary, but I would have it tuned for spring pressure (i.e. NO BOOST CONTROLLER ON A STOCK BLOCK SETUP), and I would expect to see 360-400whp give or take a few hp.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
KGsZ

Numbers will vary, but I would have it tuned for spring pressure (i.e. NO BOOST CONTROLLER ON A STOCK BLOCK SETUP), and I would expect to see 360-400whp give or take a few hp.
Do you have any idea how much whp i can get if i do the same setup, stock internals, but for the HR.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by KGsZ
Do you have any idea how much whp i can get if i do the same setup, stock internals, but for the HR.
Are you asking about the Greddy TT Kit for the HR?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
KGsZ

Are you asking about the Greddy TT Kit for the HR?
Greddy or the GTM. whichever
Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 AM
SlideFox

Greddy or the GTM. whichever
Well the Greddy Kit hasn't been released to the public yet. Based on Greddy's claims on the kit; I would expect to make right around 400whp with the same setup. The HR can handle the extra power. The connecting rods that were in the DE were the weakpoint. Nissan has fixed that issue in the HR and I can see 450whp daily on an HR as very do able on a stock motor.

GTM's new HR Kit looks very promising. They show 4 different stages of kits; with claims up to 1000HP! The stage 1 kit is claiming 500whp, which I'm sure we will start seeing build threads on a few HR Motor Z's here in the near future.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 AM
KGsZ

Well the Greddy Kit hasn't been released to the public yet. Based on Greddy's claims on the kit; I would expect to make right around 400whp with the same setup. The HR can handle the extra power. The connecting rods that were in the DE were the weakpoint. Nissan has fixed that issue in the HR and I can see 450whp daily on an HR as very do able on a stock motor.

GTM's new HR Kit looks very promising. They show 4 different stages of kits; with claims up to 1000HP! The stage 1 kit is claiming 500whp, which I'm sure we will start seeing build threads on a few HR Motor Z's here in the near future.
Man 450whp daily driving lol. Sounds great
Yeah i saw that and i was amazed. How much HP do you think the HR would be able to handle? 600whp?
Also do you think Greddys TT will be better then GTM's? Pricewise they're about the same i think
Old 07-09-2008, 08:54 AM
SlideFox

Man 450whp daily driving lol. Sounds great
Yeah i saw that and i was amazed. How much HP do you think the HR would be able to handle? 600whp?
Also do you think Greddys TT will be better then GTM's? Pricewise they're about the same i think
If I had to guess... I think the 475-500whp range is going to be the "cut-off" point for the stock HR. There is still to little of information to make claims, but as more people build and push the HR we will find out.

As far as one kit being better then the other. Greddy makes a great product, and I have a feeling it's going to be right in the same price range as the GTM Stage 1 kit, but GTM might have one up on them with this one. I personally preffer the better overall parts included in the GTM setup. Using Garrett turbos, Tial WG and Tial BOV. That's more of a personal opinion.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
SlideFox

***UPDATE***

I have started to post information on Page 1 on the VQ35HR Twin Turbo Kits. There will be no Pros and Cons; just information about the kits.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
KGsZ

If I had to guess... I think the 475-500whp range is going to be the "cut-off" point for the stock HR. There is still to little of information to make claims, but as more people build and push the HR we will find out.

As far as one kit being better then the other. Greddy makes a great product, and I have a feeling it's going to be right in the same price range as the GTM Stage 1 kit, but GTM might have one up on them with this one. I personally preffer the better overall parts included in the GTM setup. Using Garrett turbos, Tial WG and Tial BOV. That's more of a personal opinion.
Well i beleive the DE gets just about 500Whp. and since the HR is an improvement of the DE then shouldnt it get more?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:15 AM
SlideFox

Well i beleive the DE gets just about 500Whp. and since the HR is an improvement of the DE then shouldnt it get more?
There is no way a DE will make 500whp on a stock motor and last very long. As I posted on Page 1, the breaking point for the stock DE motor is roughly 420whp (Connecting Rods turn into candy canes after that). Reliability is key. I'm sure someone can make 1 or 2 pulls at close to those HP level's with a stock DE, but why? Just for it to break?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
KGsZ

There is no way a DE will make 500whp on a stock motor and last very long. As I posted on Page 1, the breaking point for the stock DE motor is roughly 420whp (Connecting Rods turn into candy canes after that). Reliability is key. I'm sure someone can make 1 or 2 pulls at close to those HP level's with a stock DE, but why? Just for it to break?
Yeah i guess that makes sense