MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Bigger injectors question (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/373229-bigger-injectors-question.html)

Mr_pharmD 07-15-2008 06:41 PM

Bigger injectors question

I'm currently running 440cc with the greddy EU and my gas mileage sucks for local. I get around 200 miles if I do ALL local, around 260 if I do half local and freeway and around +330 if I do all freeway.

My question is if I get bigger injectors like 880cc and a better engine management (VPRO) will I get better gas mileage? I'm afraid that with bigger injectors my local miles will decrease even more but is that a myth? I also think it's bc of the greddy EU bc I notice if I dont start the car for a few days I have to crank it longer before it turns over then usual. I believe the startup is killing my gas wit the EU.

Midnight Ryderz 07-15-2008 09:58 PM

with bigger injectors your gas mileage might go down and it might not. It really depends on your tune and how rich you are burning, and how much boost you are running i hope this helps. As for not starting the car for a few days it sounds like you are burning a bit rich at start up, witch in tail would lead you to have a bit of a start up problem. I hope this helps you out bud

DMK 07-16-2008 12:47 AM

If everything stayed the same except your injectors, ideally you gas mileage should not decrease. The injectors would spray the same amount based on your tune to achieve a target AF, but they would just be at a lower duty cycle now. You do need to scale for them and adjust your tune accordingly though.

Zivman 07-16-2008 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I'm currently running 440cc with the greddy EU and my gas mileage sucks for local. I get around 200 miles if I do ALL local, around 260 if I do half local and freeway and around +330 if I do all freeway.

My question is if I get bigger injectors like 880cc and a better engine management (VPRO) will I get better gas mileage? I'm afraid that with bigger injectors my local miles will decrease even more but is that a myth? I also think it's bc of the greddy EU bc I notice if I dont start the car for a few days I have to crank it longer before it turns over then usual. I believe the startup is killing my gas wit the EU.

I noticed an increase in MPG moving to a new fuel system and better EMS.

I moved from unichip and APS supplied fuel system to Fcon Vpro and APS extreme fuel system. I don't do much highway driving, but I saw an increase of about 2.5 mpg on the 400 mile drive home from my tuner. I see on average about 2 mpg better with my new setup with mixed driving. keep in mind I am running more power (about 100 hp more )/boost (about 3-5 psi more) than I previously was.

KPierson 07-16-2008 09:31 AM

The only way you could get more miliage out of it is if you go with a standalone and target a leaner A/F ratio for out of boost driving.

As mentioned above if you put in larger injectors your duty cycle will lower, causing, ideally, the same amount of fuel to be injected.

zulator03 07-16-2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zivman
I noticed an increase in MPG moving to a new fuel system and better EMS.

I moved from unichip and APS supplied fuel system to Fcon Vpro and APS extreme fuel system. I don't do much highway driving, but I saw an increase of about 2.5 mpg on the 400 mile drive home from my tuner. I see on average about 2 mpg better with my new setup with mixed driving. keep in mind I am running more power (about 100 hp more )/boost (about 3-5 psi more) than I previously was.

nice