Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
nyqueenz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest.. many fators still remain.. an im NOT 100% sure if that EMS unit Chass was ruining played any roll in this.. high boost, high temp low oil pressure.. something not addin up?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EVERYONE TAKE A STEP BACK AND HAVE A ZEN MOMENT PLEASE

Dave, Jim and Frank spoke today and are hoping we can all sit down together and find a fair solution to my problem. The car and all my parts are back at my house now. Its been a long time since I've seen my car in the garage, I forgot how much I love the look of this car. If only it was running ...

I also spent time today with my attorney to verify that I have options and I do. I would much rather handle this without getting everyone's attornies involved, but that is out of my control. It seems like progress is being made now, so I will be patient a while longer.

It was never my intent to get anything more out of this then what I paid for. I am sorry that the shops are taking some abuse over this as well, but that was somewhat self inflicted by a lack of direct and immediate communication as well as no one wanting to bear the full burden of my failure alone, which is understandable.

I am trying hard not to damage business relationships, friendships or reputations any more than has already happened, and I regret that it has happened. I am also attempting to protect my own interests as best I can without being malicious.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Do what is right for you Cass.... The people in this community tend to get abused when it comes dishing out cash for big power builds. It has been clearly documented in this thread how level headed and calm you have remained this entire time...
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Chris... i think you know we all hold you in high regard here for the overpolite way in which you have handled the situation and your repeated attempts to make things better..
its time that you 1st worry/protect your own interests, then you can worry about business relationships, friendships or others reputations
Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
to be honest.. many fators still remain.. an im NOT 100% sure if that EMS unit Chass was ruining played any roll in this.. high boost, high temp low oil pressure.. something not addin up?

Unless the EMS was somehow hooked to the oil pump I doubt it caused the low oil pressure. The first engine went before the Vi-PEC was even hooked up the car was running an ECU reflash and they weren't running any boost yet.

So first engine blew on an ECU reflash with no boost, the second engine went with high boost and the Vi-PEC I would say the EMS is not the common denominator.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 07-14-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:40 PM
abui01

Originally Posted by Cass007
Dave, Jim and Frank spoke today and are hoping we can all sit down together and find a fair solution to my problem.
And that is the BEST step toward a solution thus far. I hope they can come to a conclusion because when things go to court, it costs everyone involved. And I'm not sure if the shops realized it yet but... THEY CAN'T WIN!!! No matter what, Cass will ALWAYS get some sort of compensation. The only thing they can possibly get is "off the hook..." but the only issue is... no one can find out why that motor failed; thus all 3 shops are in hot water until the cause is found. At this point, they're just taking chances on who is the one at fault... kind of like Russian roulette except it's 1 in 3 chances of getting your head blown off. Are you SURE you wanna take that chance and see where the chips fall?!

Last edited by abui01; 07-14-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
terps

even if thier was no failure due to workmanship/faulty assembly/tune i feel like if the case went to court, cass would come out with some money in his pocket. in an ideal world the shops would pony up the cash, but i can understand that no shop is willing to bit the bullet(atleast 20k) for something they cannot attribute to their error. the situation got messy since day one with multiple shops getting into the build/tune/machining. that mixed with the economy things are stretched tight for every(including cass) so no one want to part with their money. Hopefuly the shops can work something out with a 4th shop to do a rebuild and tune. if the engine fails it has nothing to do with them at that point and have taken care of thier customer. win win i guess, except the shops reputations will be out cash and there reputations will be tarnished(already done)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My educated guess is that there will never be any definite proof on how the engine blew. Oil and oil filter analysis might shed some light but even then, it is practically impossible to throw blame squarely in one direction or the other.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Cass007
EVERYONE TAKE A STEP BACK AND HAVE A ZEN MOMENT PLEASE

Dave, Jim and Frank spoke today and are hoping we can all sit down together and find a fair solution to my problem. The car and all my parts are back at my house now. Its been a long time since I've seen my car in the garage, I forgot how much I love the look of this car. If only it was running ...

I also spent time today with my attorney to verify that I have options and I do. I would much rather handle this without getting everyone's attornies involved, but that is out of my control. It seems like progress is being made now, so I will be patient a while longer.

It was never my intent to get anything more out of this then what I paid for. I am sorry that the shops are taking some abuse over this as well, but that was somewhat self inflicted by a lack of direct and immediate communication as well as no one wanting to bear the full burden of my failure alone, which is understandable.

I am trying hard not to damage business relationships, friendships or reputations any more than has already happened, and I regret that it has happened. I am also attempting to protect my own interests as best I can without being malicious.
Cass, when are you meeting with Frank and Dave ? "Hope" doesn't sound like a firm meeting. "Hope" sounds like, well it sounds like "I hope we can work this out with you because the thread is likely to go sticky",... kind of hope.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Chris... i think you know we all hold you in high regard here for the overpolite way in which you have handled the situation and your repeated attempts to make things better..
its time that you 1st worry/protect your own interests, then you can worry about business relationships, friendships or others reputations
Old 07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
thefireboy

when all three shops come together and tell the real truth. so this can all be figured out and then even if one of the shops or both or all three made a true mistake things are taken care of and everybody is happy and nobody's business is hurt.. i just dont want to see FT or Hill's garage hurt in this.. justice racing could probably care less since hardly any of his business comes from here. and has been in business for so long

Last edited by thefireboy; 07-14-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Cass, please record the entire meeting between you and the shops when this does happen. Also, I would suggest having your attorney present for this so the margin for error is minimized.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:15 PM
JTinFL

I wish Motormouth was here so he could make a video of what the meeting would be like
Old 07-14-2009, 05:30 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by JTinFL
I wish Motormouth was here so he could make a video of what the meeting would be like
haha yeha that would be funny as crap. like the ones he made of you and mike maffey hahahahaha... they were to funny
Old 07-14-2009, 05:43 PM
discom

When does the insurance companies become involved? I am assuming that all 3 companies have insurances.

If the businesses are being sued by Chris, will the different insurance companies get together to discuss an out of court settlement?

If the case does go to court, will the insurance companies have to abide by the court's decision?

Are the lawyer fees covered by insurance?

If the answers are yes, then it may be to the different companies best interest to let the court decide and let their insurance company handle the payout. Who knows, maybe the insurance companies will even appoint their own lawyers to represent the 3 different defendants.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Originally Posted by thefireboy
haha yeha that would be funny as crap. like the ones he made of you and mike maffey hahahahaha... they were to funny
Old 07-15-2009, 07:09 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by thefireboy
i just dont want to see FT or Hill's garage hurt in this.. justice racing could probably care less
thats pretty ovbious already....and you why you have been basically telling cass that "you pay to play", or that "he took the car" , or "wahts if dave did this , that".........you are jsut part of the same game thats making matters worse....see i dont wanna see Cass get hurt ANYMORE
Old 07-15-2009, 07:22 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

This situation had gotten way out of hand. I'm not gonna lie I am good friends with Dave from FT even before he started to work on my car. Frank had worked on my car when he was with AAM. I had nothing but only positive experience with both guys. I've met Chris(Cass007) in person and he's genuinely a nice guy and the level of effort he had put into this build really impressed me. Most of these rich guys just dump the car at a shop and expect to pick it up running 600+HP flawlessly a month later. But Chris really put his time, money and EFFORT into this build.

All I want to say is that hopefully this issue can be settled outside of court. It's tough to see a bunch of good people having issue with each other. Now if I don't like any of the parties involved believe me I'd be taking side
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by bb1314
This situation had gotten way out of hand. I'm not gonna lie I am good friends with Dave from FT even before he started to work on my car. Frank had worked on my car when he was with AAM. I had nothing but only positive experience with both guys. I've met Chris(Cass007) in person and he's genuinely a nice guy and the level of effort he had put into this build really impressed me. Most of these rich guys just dump the car at a shop and expect to pick it up running 600+HP flawlessly a month later. But Chris really put his time, money and EFFORT into this build.

All I want to say is that hopefully this issue can be settled outside of court. It's tough to see a bunch of good people having issue with each other. Now if I don't like any of the parties involved believe me I'd be taking side

Not saying i am one but.....Whats wrong with dropping the car off and expecting to have it run flawlessly when its picked up?? Thats what I paid for...should I not expect that service. They expect my check not to bounce...so I expect my car not to bounce either.....Not sure what you mean by that

Last edited by XKR; 07-15-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by XKR
Not saying i am one but.....Whats wrong with dropping the car off and expecting to have it run flawlessly when its picked up?? Thats what I paid for...should I not expect that service. They expect my check not to bounce...so I expect my car not to bounce either.....Not sure what you mean by that
LOL you're just picking an argument when you knew my intention was to give Chris props for getting so involved in the build process.

But if you'd really like to argue, it is true that I along with many other enthusiasts don't show the same respect to people that just dump a shxt load of money into their cars and let the shop handle everything from purchasing parts down to finishing up dyno when they don't even know how to put spare tire on. There's nothing WRONG with that. But I just can't show the same respect. To me it's a hobby and I expect the owner of the car to actually be interested in the progress and not only the result. Now lets not get off topic... It was meant to give Chris props.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress