Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Lawy'dU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by civic4982
I've seen several complaints that the 500cc DW injectors cannot handle the power this engine is making but I feel many of you have missed that this build also contains "JWT FMU." Obviously more fuel can be delievered with greater pressure delievered by the FMU.

It does seem odd though why someone would do such an extensive build and still rely on such a basic piggy back EMS like the SS Box.
1. as of right now, without the car being tuned or dyno'd the car is running rich. The injectors are actually too large without a tune. Ideally the car would have 440cc injectors with the fmu + ss box, for a perfect out of the box setup, but the car will be tuned within the next couple of days.

2. The ss box has been tried and proven time after time. Many tuners can't handle tuning on it which is why it gets a bad rap. I've seen a number of scott's 600+ whp cars running perfectly on the ss box, and to this date have still been problem free.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
And Sharif, you are absolutely right. You got him! He builds better engines than you out of his living room. No garage, no workshop. I have seen it first hand, engine parts all over the place.
As you can imagine, his carpet is a mess.
Really? Is that why Scott set a track record in 2007 in a car we completely built and setup for Louie, and that same crappy build we did on the BC G35 took the podium at Gateway.

Of course, after all the Forged crap came off the car, and Scott took over the wrenching and tuning duties. He crashed into the tire wall at Summit Point, trying to chase down the two Forged cars, Then at VIR, the car was a mess, with electrical/tuning issues, and was unable to compete.

Shall I continue?

The guy I really feel bad for, is Pete. Pete and I are cool. I hope he finds a new crew and driver for 2009.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets get to the bottom of this.........

Name:  familyguydetectivescrotes-1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  7.7 KB
Old 02-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Pardon my injector ignorance but...

550 that means 550cubic centimeters per ? or something else altogether? I have been around here for a while and I do not know my "ricer math" very well but

Post a dyno sheet and lets take it apart objectively? Why did you bother posting this without one? That is unless someone is trying to mess with someone?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

not at last post just objections to topic
Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROFL at:

1) This thread

2) This so called "full build" without return fuel system or stand alone EMS for 20-25K

3) "RA designed" rods and pistons

4) The arrogance in the OP about the use of HR head gasket and head studs on a DE motor (I believe Jim Wolf deserves the credit for that innovation instead of RA)

5) Lack of a dyno sheet (still)

6) Lack of an address for RA (still)

7) Lawchick (still)

8) The guy being clueless about the Recon #6 reference (thus giving away his NOOBness in the FI section)

9) The lack of answers to the questions posed by JAM3Z and others (still)

10) This feeble attempt to circumvent the permaban, "set the record straight", and somehow dismiss or erase the history of Scott's misconduct on this forum by touting a *yawn* questionable 500 horsepower build.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-01-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:48 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Ahsmo

550 that means 550cubic centimeters per ? or something else altogether? I have been around here for a while and I do not know my "ricer math" very well but

Post a dyno sheet and lets take it apart objectively? Why did you bother posting this without one? That is unless someone is trying to mess with someone?
^ That is something that those of us who have been on my350z for a while have become accustomed to seeing/expecting in VRT and RA build threads.

SAME OLD SH*T... DIFFERENT DAY... DIFFERENT THREAD... DIFFERENT NAÏVE CUSTOMER
</p>
Old 03-01-2009, 02:15 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Really? Is that why Scott set a track record in 2007 in a car we completely built and setup for Louie, and that same crappy build we did on the BC G35 took the podium at Gateway.
You didn't "build" the BC car. You just did the install, you didn't build the engine or do the tune. Your contribution to that car was minimal. Nice try at attempting to claim part of the victory. Im sure your next move will be to somehow try to claim credit for that car sustaining 600+whp when you and all your nuthuggers said it would never even make that power on a dyno, much less hold that power on the track. Your contribution to the BC car was nothing more than an install and a PATHETIC attempt to discredit another shop.

I love how you show your true colors on this site and resort to personal attacks on a man who is not here to defend himself. That shows a lot of intengrity from a supposedly "reputable" shop owner.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
ROFL at:

1) This thread

2) This so called "full build" without return fuel system or stand alone EMS for 20-25K
This has already been explained. Learn to read.

4) The arrogance in the OP about the use of HR head gasket and head studs on a DE motor (I believe Jim Wolf deserves the credit for that innovation instead of RA)
JWT has never built a motor. Where do you think they get their info from? I will give you a hint....they didn't get that info from Sam at GTM.
This has been explained! You are so dense! They will post a dyno after the tune is done! LEARN TO READ!
Learn to read again, one of the members of this site already posted up some info.
7) Lawchick (still)

8) The guy being clueless about the Recon #6 reference (thus giving away his NOOBness in the FI section)

All questions deserving of answers have been answered. I don't know why you or JameZ think they deserve any answers to anything that hasn't already been answered.
10) This feeble attempt to circumvent the permaban, "set the record straight", and somehow dismiss or erase the history of Scott's misconduct on this forum by touting a *yawn* questionable 500 horsepower build.

Nice one. Once again, you provide nothing except ignorance. Im sure his 500 hp build was questionable on the BC car too right? Except when the hit it everyone just shut their mouths rather than admit they were wrong.

How bout you give up on your RA witch hunt for a bit. Just settle down and have a coke and a smile. How bout you chime in with some insight after you have actually met the man or even spoken to him on the phone rather than just all your BS you post here.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:42 AM
rr_z33

all i can say is this thread was started with the intention of starting trouble. anyone who puts this as a thread title needs to be a little more "mature". im not saying that im on anyones side. but really your just putting down RA by starting a thread like this. if it was started with the intention of sharing a success story rather than bashing other shops then it would have been find and it wouldnt have turned into this. im sure most people know scott left before the whole VTR thing really came to light. but people like you just help to help no one want anything to do with scott which could be a shame. but the facts are still lacking and once their shown then sure..

1. No dyno numbers

2. 500cc injectors? if it really is 500+rwhp then its running a high risk of getting stuck open or just not even flowing that much power?

those are really the only big holes i see in this whole thing. but please dont come in here to bash shops.

but who cares im from hawaii reloacted to cali and the next car i have built will be Forged Performance because they have a proven track record, a great staff, and just overall a great customer experience and jokers like you guys who have the maturity level of a Freshmen girl in highschool: wanting attention, and having a period and havent discovered tampons yet. so hopefully ill have a forged car on the west coast ready for some time attack action!

Last edited by rr_z33; 03-01-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Ok, I have a valid questions that I would like answered since the website designer is apparantly viewing this thread:

Why is everything on the RA website so old?

There are pics of a car supporting Forged (which clearly RA dislikes) and also supporting a shop that is now defunct (PF). Did BC choose to not change the logos on the car?

Show me another shop that has a website, but doesn't list a physical address, just an e-mail and cell phone numbers. That is a great way to do business..... bring your car by for an install.... if you can find us. Please let Scott know that the yellow pages will give you one free listing if you have a physical address.

The customer gallery car are so lame with mods its rediculous - many are lists of wheels and bolt-ons that even I could do with my limited skills. A few SC thrown in, but nothing with dyno support. The one car with full build shows a dyno sheet from 2007 and not a single mod on the list is shown in the pics. What dyno was that on? The top of the sheet has been conveinently cut off .

I wasn't around when all the VRT/RA bs went down, so I have no malice toward anyone here, but I know enough to call BS when I see it. You start a thread looking for controversy and then get butt-hurt when F/I regulars start asking real questions.

How about this: Enjoy your car and your mystery shop and stay off our forum idiot .
Old 03-01-2009, 05:06 AM
XKR

You didn't "build" the BC car. You just did the install, you didn't build the engine or do the tune. Your contribution to that car was minimal. Nice try at attempting to claim part of the victory. Im sure your next move will be to somehow try to claim credit for that car sustaining 600+whp when you and all your nuthuggers said it would never even make that power on a dyno, much less hold that power on the track. Your contribution to the BC car was nothing more than an install and a PATHETIC attempt to discredit another shop.

I love how you show your true colors on this site and resort to personal attacks on a man who is not here to defend himself. That shows a lot of intengrity from a supposedly "reputable" shop owner.
Thats what he meant to say....and this is why the result listed below came to life... The only time Scott really did good was when he drove Luie's car (built by Forged)...plus Scott tried to blow up Luie's motor but failed at that also.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Of course, after all the Forged crap came off the car, and Scott took over the wrenching and tuning duties. He crashed into the tire wall at Summit Point, trying to chase down the two Forged cars, Then at VIR, the car was a mess, with electrical/tuning issues, and was unable to compete. Shall I continue?

The guy I really feel bad for, is Pete. Pete and I are cool. I hope he finds a new crew and driver for 2009.

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
ummm, i've already talked to you about this lol, and after the problems sharif has been having with his cars at the time attacks, and none of the problems the bc car has had, you still make this statement?

this car still ran 8 hot laps with the temp at over 450 degrees (scott and pete thought the temp gauge was broke), and finally figured out the car was running that hot. STILL that motor hasn't faltered

Hmmmmm....The post above will cover your statement also. I guess you did not get the news. Forged cars came in first place Scott's top notch race car DID NOT FINISH !!

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:06 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Nice one. Once again, you provide nothing except ignorance. Im sure his 500 hp build was questionable on the BC car too right? Except when the hit it everyone just shut their mouths rather than admit they were wrong.

How bout you give up on your RA witch hunt for a bit. Just settle down and have a coke and a smile. How bout you chime in with some insight after you have actually met the man or even spoken to him on the phone rather than just all your BS you post here.
LOL O'RLY

Of course things have been explained to your satisfaction. Nuthuggers tend to blindly think that way.

my350z veterans have heard empty excuses and statements about dynos many times before from Scott and his fanboys during his tenure at VRT and since he formed RA. The only reason we saw a dyno on the BC car is because PF tuned it. When are you RA guys ever gonna learn to refrain from posting power claims until you have dyno sheets???

And ROFL that Raj had to do some research to find a possible location for RA, yet not a single RA customer will tell us exactly where RA is located. What kind of legitimate shop doesn't list their address list and advertise it or openly provide it when asked???

The way you RA guys start threads is absolutely dense. The tone of this thread and its original post doesn't do Scott, RA, or its small band of nuthuggers any favors. So how about you give up on your RA nuthugging for a bit?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-01-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Ahsmo

550cc , 1000cc or 1200cc....what difference does it make Its just numbers. I am trading in my 1000cc injectors for some higher flowing 440's......Remember its not the size of the injectors...its who is doing the tuning

Matter of fact....If you have the best tuner...he could even tune your can without injectors....that would save some money right there

LOL O'RLY

Of course things have been explained to your satisfaction. Nuthuggers tend to blindly think that way.

my350z veterans have heard empty excuses and statements about dynos many times before from Scott and his fanboys during his tenure at VRT and since he formed RA. The only reason we saw a dyno on the BC car is because PF tuned it. When are you RA guys ever gonna learn to refrain from posting power claims until you have dyno sheets???

And ROFL that Raj had to do some research to find a possible location for RA, yet not a single RA customer will tell us exactly where RA is located. What kind of legitimate shop doesn't list their address list and advertise it or openly provide it when asked???

The way you RA guys start threads is absolutely dense. The tone of this thread and its original post doesn't do Scott, RA, or its small band of nuthuggers any favors. So how about you give up on your RA nuthugging for a bit?

I sent you the fax welcoming Raj to the Recon Unit

And how would that be fun for us if they stop

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:24 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Cass007
Ok, I have a valid questions that I would like answered since the website designer is apparantly viewing this thread:

Why is everything on the RA website so old?

There are pics of a car supporting Forged (which clearly RA dislikes) and also supporting a shop that is now defunct (PF). Did BC choose to not change the logos on the car?

Show me another shop that has a website, but doesn't list a physical address, just an e-mail and cell phone numbers. That is a great way to do business..... bring your car by for an install.... if you can find us. Please let Scott know that the yellow pages will give you one free listing if you have a physical address.

The customer gallery car are so lame with mods its rediculous - many are lists of wheels and bolt-ons that even I could do with my limited skills. A few SC thrown in, but nothing with dyno support. The one car with full build shows a dyno sheet from 2007 and not a single mod on the list is shown in the pics. What dyno was that on? The top of the sheet has been conveinently cut off .

I wasn't around when all the VRT/RA bs went down, so I have no malice toward anyone here, but I know enough to call BS when I see it. You start a thread looking for controversy and then get butt-hurt when F/I regulars start asking real questions.

How about this: Enjoy your car and your mystery shop and stay off our forum idiot .
Exactly. I'm glad that newer members who weren't around for previous VRT and RA drama threads can even see through this BS.

and LOL at the RA nuthuggers who insist that you have to meet Scott, be his buddy, or be his customer to have legitimate criticism of how he runs his business from an undisclosed location or to call BS on a pattern of forum behavior (filled with fluff posts, unsupported performance claims, lack of technical merit, and selective historical recollection of facts) from him and his supporters that has remained consistent SINCE DAY ONE AT VRT.

I bet that if someone posted a variety of several posts by Mr. A and Scott (from both the VRT and RA era) and removed the usernames from the quotes, most everyone would have a difficult time distinguishing the difference and properly identifying the author. The same could be said for the posts by nuthuggers during both eras.

That would make great 20 question quizzes for the my350z members!!! ... Mr. A, VRT Scott, or RA Scott??? ... VRT nuthugger or RA nuthugger??
Old 03-01-2009, 06:31 AM
XKR

Exactly. I'm glad that newer members who weren't around for previous VRT and RA drama threads can even see through this BS.

and LOL at the RA nuthuggers who insist that you have to meet Scott, be his buddy, or be his customer to have legitimate criticism of how he runs his business from an undisclosed location or to call BS on a pattern of forum behavior (filled with fluff posts, unsupported performance claims, lack of technical merit, and selective historical recollection of facts) from him and his supporters that has remained consistent SINCE DAY ONE AT VRT.

I bet that if someone posted a variety of several posts by Mr. A and Scott (from both the VRT and RA era) and removed the usernames from the quotes, most everyone would have a difficult time distinguishing the difference and properly identifying the author. The same could be said for the posts by nuthuggers during both eras.
That would make great 20 question quizzes for the my350z members!!! ... Mr. A, VRT Scott, or RA Scott??? ... VRT nuthugger or RA nuthugger??

Its threads like this that causes red flags to go up. People cant help but get fired up.

Believe it or not....Scott being banned is almost like a blessing for him....he cant do anymore harm to his rep....How much more harm could he cause to himself you ask There is a lot more noobs on here and on the other websites that dont know about Scott VRT RA.....the one that started this thread is a great example.....Scott was allowed back on g35driver for a few seconds...and you could tell that he was just getting ready to F himself up some more

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Quamen

The thing that gets me is that RA seams to always be the company that does majic with simple parts. The benefits of a return system are not some sort of internet hype. Yet RA seems to swear by returnless systems like they are some sort of secret.

I don't just deal with 350z's so my opinion on RA's choices are not in comparison to just shops like Forged and GTM. Look at shops that build Vettes, Vipers, Lancers, Porsches and any other make of race cars. It is evident that just because a returnless system works these companies wouldn't swear by it and put it on high horsepower cars. It's evident the other companies wouldn't use cheap piggybacks and FMU's on a $20-$25 build.

The comment about not needing larger injectors because of an FMU is misinformed also. Given the prupose of an FMU, this statement is correct. However, given the fact that the OP is using a Walbro intank pump that statement is incorrect. The walbro has been proven to flow more at lower pressures than at high pressures. Therefore, Ra's choice of an FMU would lead me to worry even more that 500cc injectors will be to small.

I hope that new members on this forum are able to determine that these majical methods that RA has are just gimmicks. RA is is not some special company that can do the impossible with off-the-shelf parts that other companies, not limited to the Nissan Community, have failed to go as far with.

Forged, GTM, AAM, and Performance Factory have all gotten bashed and ripped down before for one thing or another. However, look through the shop builds on this forum or other forums and you will see that they have repeatedly posted threads with videos, dynos, pictures and specifications. Something that RA has either failed to do repeatedly or for some reason choosen not to.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:18 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Quamen
The thing that gets me is that RA seams to always be the company that does majic with simple parts. The benefits of a return system are not some sort of internet hype. Yet RA seems to swear by returnless systems like they are some sort of secret.

I don't just deal with 350z's so my opinion on RA's choices are not in comparison to just shops like Forged and GTM. Look at shops that build Vettes, Vipers, Lancers, Porsches and any other make of race cars. It is evident that just because a returnless system works these companies wouldn't swear by it and put it on high horsepower cars. It's evident the other companies wouldn't use cheap piggybacks and FMU's on a $20-$25 build.

The comment about not needing larger injectors because of an FMU is misinformed also. Given the prupose of an FMU, this statement is correct. However, given the fact that the OP is using a Walbro intank pump that statement is incorrect. The walbro has been proven to flow more at lower pressures than at high pressures. Therefore, Ra's choice of an FMU would lead me to worry even more that 500cc injectors will be to small.

I hope that new members on this forum are able to determine that these majical methods that RA has are just gimmicks. RA is is not some special company that can do the impossible with off-the-shelf parts that other companies, not limited to the Nissan Community, have failed to go as far with.

Forged, GTM, AAM, and Performance Factory have all gotten bashed and ripped down before for one thing or another. However, look through the shop builds on this forum or other forums and you will see that they have repeatedly posted threads with videos, dynos, pictures and specifications. Something that RA has either failed to do repeatedly or for some reason choosen not to.
Very well said.

RA's customer base has shown itself be forced induction NOOBS who lack technical knowledge, mechanical background, or internet research savy.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

ROFL at:

1) This thread

7) Lawchick (still)

Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Quamen

Sir....do you question the wizardry ( I want to say VooDoo...but Scott trade marked that word)of the grand master mechanic Scott/RA/VRT...Shame on you sir.....Scott is a well respected Banned-member of this site with great info on many ways oh how to blow your motor. Do you question his credentials sir??? Scott has many dyno graphs that he COULD post if he wanted to shut all of you up. How many shops on here could make over 500 whp with small injectors that are made for 400whp at the most??? Name one....Sam, Jeremy, Darren, Sharif,Tim,Hal......NONE of them could make that happen....So that goes to show you that Scott knows thinks that those guys don't. Here is something else that those other shops don't know. ...you set the A/F to 9.0 up top and the motor will last a long time...There is a video of a dyno run he was doing....it may sound like ****...but it works.That what separates the good shops from the bad.

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure