Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Sir....do you question the wizardry ( I want to say VooDoo...but Scott trade marked that word)of the grand master mechanic Scott/RA/VRT...Shame on you sir.....Scott is a well respected Banned-member of this site with great info on many ways oh how to blow your motor. Do you question his credentials sir??? Scott has many dyno graphs that he COULD post if he wanted to shut all of you up. How many shops on here could make over 500 whp with small injectors that are made for 400whp at the most??? Name one....Sam, Jeremy, Darren, Sharif,Tim,Hal......NONE of them could make that happen....So that goes to show you that Scott knows thinks that those guys don't. Here is something else that those other shops don't know. ...you set the A/F to 9.0 up top and the motor will last a long time...There is a video of a dyno run he was doing....he may sound the ****...but it works.That what separates the good shops from the bad.

ROFL!!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
550cc , 1000cc or 1200cc....what difference does it make Its just numbers. I am trading in my 1000cc injectors for some higher flowing 440's......Remember its not the size of the injectors...its who is doing the tuning
:
actually,........the flow rate of the injectors is all related to the pressure of the fuel pressure........so, you can make a 550 cc/min (rated at 3 bar of fuel pressure) injector flow the same amount as a 1000 cc/min if you have high enough fuel pressures (up around 140 psi approximately). at some point, you run into an issue with the injectors not working if the pressure gets too high, but I have seen bosch 36 lb/hr injectors working perfectly at 120 psi of fuel pressure. That is basically taking a 380cc/min injector and making it flow like a 630cc/min injector. additionally, you need alot of fuel pump to work at really high fuel pressures, though. as fuel pressures increase, fuel pumps flow less; pumps flow better at lower pressures.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little update.....Recon Unit #007 ( west coast division) has been dispatched....new info coming soon.

Originally Posted by QuadCam
actually,........the flow rate of the injectors is all related to the pressure of the fuel pressure........so, you can make a 550 cc/min (rated at 3 bar of fuel pressure) injector flow the same amount as a 1000 cc/min if you have high enough fuel pressures (up around 140 psi approximately). at some point, you run into an issue with the injectors not working if the pressure gets too high, but I have seen bosch 36 lb/hr injectors working perfectly at 120 psi of fuel pressure. That is basically taking a 380cc/min injector and making it flow like a 630cc/min injector. additionally, you need alot of fuel pump to work at really high fuel pressures, though. as fuel pressures increase, fuel pumps flow less; pumps flow better at lower pressures.
True....but none of those other shops have the ***** to put that on a customers car and dyno it over 500whp and tell them its safe.....none of them can do that...

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In for epic fial!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

^ LULZ at Mike's sarcasm in post #99

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-01-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Thank you.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
Sir....do you question the wizardry ( I want to say VooDoo...but Scott trade marked that word)of the grand master mechanic Scott/RA/VRT...Shame on you sir.....Scott is a well respected Banned-member of this site with great info on many ways oh how to blow your motor. Do you question his credentials sir??? Scott has many dyno graphs that he COULD post if he wanted to shut all of you up. How many shops on here could make over 500 whp with small injectors that are made for 400whp at the most??? Name one....Sam, Jeremy, Darren, Sharif,Tim,Hal......NONE of them could make that happen....So that goes to show you that Scott knows thinks that those guys don't. Here is something else that those other shops don't know. ...you set the A/F to 9.0 up top and the motor will last a long time...There is a video of a dyno run he was doing....it may sound like ****...but it works.That what separates the good shops from the bad.

Mike, you forgot to mention the part about how the motor assembly takes place in the living room of Scott's house. At least that is what someone posted as a difference between Scott and Sharif.

That's got to be what sets RA apart from all the other shops, its where the assembly takes place, not the parts themselves. I asked Sharif to install my new cams, but I specifically wanted the assembly performed in his kitchen or living room, I'm not picky. Sandy said no, but I think Sharif was kind of on the fence with the idea. Anyway, my cams got installed in the shop like all the other cars and things turned out ok, my car only makes 465 though, not 500. I think if the cams had been installed with the motor in the kitchen, I'd met my hp goal
Old 03-01-2009, 08:11 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Mike, you forgot to mention the part about how the motor assembly takes place in the living room of Scott's house. At least that is what someone posted as a difference between Scott and Sharif.

That's got to be what sets RA apart from all the other shops, its where the assembly takes place, not the parts themselves. I asked Sharif to install my new cams, but I specifically wanted the assembly performed in his kitchen or living room, I'm not picky. Sandy said no, but I think Sharif was kind of on the fence with the idea. Anyway, my cams got installed in the shop like all the other cars and things turned out ok, my car only makes 465 though, not 500. I think if the cams had been installed with the motor in the kitchen, I'd met my hp goal

Good point....so you could say that Scott gives more personal attention to detail.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Quamen

Exactly my point. The walbro is not cutout for supplying the amount of fuel needed for a safe 500whp through those injectors and an FMU due to the flow rate being lower at higher pressures. If they put a 2nd inline fuel pump on the car that would be a different story.

Facing facts, even though it works out in fluid dynamics, I think most could agree that it would not be the setup you would want to buy considering 650cc injectors are not much more expensive.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 AM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR

Good point....so you could say that Scott gives more personal attention to detail.

Or you could say more personal attention to --> RETAIL.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:19 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

In fairness, Scott's business partner/mechanic Mark turns the wrenches. He is the talent behind RA's "voodoo".

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-01-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Or you could say more personal attention to --> RETAIL.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
In fairness, Scott's business partner/mechanic Mark turns the wrenches.
True....but the way the huggers post on here....it makes you want to say ...Mark who ??? They dont give him any credit.

Originally Posted by Quamen
Exactly my point. The walbro is not cutout for supplying the amount of fuel needed for a safe 500whp through those injectors and an FMU due to the flow rate being lower at higher pressures. If they put a 2nd inline fuel pump on the car that would be a different story.

Facing facts, even though it works out in fluid dynamics, I think most could agree that it would not be the setup you would want to buy considering 650cc injectors are not much more expensive.
There you go proving my point again....Scotts the man

No one can energize a thread more than Scott/VRT/RA.....OK...maybe just one person...the mighty Julian

Last edited by XKR; 03-01-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe they are stuck because their experience centers around the JWT FMU. Rising rate flow from increased fuel pressure via voltage compensation. At least that was my understanding when I selected the JWT kit (and went with the tuner kit to get rid of the returnless fuel setup, FMU, low cc injectors and SS box). For the 530bb, I'm sure it's reasonable. For the 700bb and up turbos, I think it's a stretch, which is why Jim Wolf removed those components from the 700bb tuner kit. The owner of the car may want to speak with Jim Wolf directly.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Quamen

Originally Posted by rcdash
I believe they are stuck because their experience centers around the JWT FMU. Rising rate flow from increased fuel pressure via voltage compensation. At least that was my understanding when I selected the JWT kit (and went with the tuner kit to get rid of the returnless fuel setup, FMU, low cc injectors and SS box). For the 530bb, I'm sure it's reasonable. For the 700bb and up turbos, I think it's a stretch, which is why Jim Wolf removed those components from the 700bb tuner kit. The owner of the car may want to speak with Jim Wolf directly.
I understand how the JWT kit works. However, again I state that with the Walbro and those power levels, there is a point at which the additional fuel pressure will drop the pumps flow below that of a lower fuel pressure. Essentially, you could end up going backwards and decreasing the amount of flow through an injector becuase the pump will wont have the ***** to flow enough volume at that pressure.

Fluid dynamics are fluid dynamics and an injector will flow more as the fuel pressure goes up. However, RA's inability to be upfront with their customers that as far as a 500whp fuel system goes, this is a poor choices in components that although it can make 500whp, it is not designed to do so reliably, safetly and consistantly! That is why they lose credibility with members on this forum. The sad thing is that their inability is not just limited to fuel system component selection.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
wtf? you're dumb. When has scott ever inflated rwhp numbers? give me facts

I saw this car build in person and can vouch for all of it. OP congrats. Can't wait to see this thing tuned.
This thread is over as Lawchick has come to RA's rescue.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 AM
XKR

I understand how the JWT kit works. However, again I state that with the Walbro and those power levels, there is a point at which the additional fuel pressure will drop the pumps flow below that of a lower fuel pressure. Essentially, you could end up going backwards and decreasing the amount of flow through an injector becuase the pump will wont have the ***** to flow enough volume at that pressure.

Fluid dynamics are fluid dynamics and an injector will flow more as the fuel pressure goes up. However, RA's inability to be upfront with their customers that as far as a 500whp fuel system goes, this is a poor choices in components that although it can make 500whp, it is not designed to do so reliably, safetly and consistantly! That is why they lose credibility with members on this forum. The sad thing is that their inability is not just limited to fuel system component selection.

Well said.....

and this is why if you notice his nuthuggers always claim that Scott can get more power at a cheaper price than anyone.....And you know d@mn well that when they come on here and get educated on all the BS they have been told....everytime their car skips a beat...there heart skips a beat also thinking something big just happened.

There are some on here that are running 13+ psi on a stock engine with no issues...does that mean that its ok to do it Does it mean that all shops should setup cars like that NO !!!

I know for sure if a shop got hold of a car that he has tuned....that car is tuned rich as ****.

I know RudeG knows where to find that video of the white G on the Dyno.....It ran like azz up top...
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

I am back in. I was away since the first page. So let me ask the OP this you start a thread called the MOST CONTROVERSIAL BUILD and you dont even have a dyno number? Really? Good luck with those 500cc injectors no fuel return and SS box tune. Id be very shocked if you made 500 but then again RA has made 700 with no fuel return system and small injectors in the past
Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

And one more thing how come the shop address in san diego isnt posted. I may be visiting cali soon. What if i wanna stop by?

You look up any other shop on here you get an address GTM Injected Intense SP Forged and SGP
Old 03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was bored and was reading this and the "Ffffffuuuuuuu" picture thread. I decided to contribute a bit of artwork myself! I had other ideas, but I suck at this, so I didn't want to waste anymore time on it. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

ROFL. I rarely comment on humorous posts, but d@mn that's a funny cartoon right there. That's an instant classic - ha ha. Where can I find this other thread?

Quick Reply: Scott Bush & Relentless Autosports: Exposing the Hype, Lies, and Failure