MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Semi-generic twin-turbo kit? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/415262-semi-generic-twin-turbo-kit.html)

absurdparadox 02-05-2009 10:42 PM

Semi-generic twin-turbo kit?

I've sort of asked this question before, but didn't get useful answers. I thought I would re-ask it in a simpler manner. So...

Are there any twin-turbo kits out there at is a little more generic... something that I could buy, and then buy a pair of 16g's, to use with it? Basically the greddy kit, without turbos?

And, secondly, can I use any TD05 turbo with the Greddy kit?

rr_z33 02-05-2009 11:51 PM

you didnt get useful answers because read your post? it indicates that you have spent no time researching. f/i forums are ruthless so get your flame suit on!!

http://www.forumspile.com/Flame-Flame_on.jpg

Jay'Z 02-06-2009 12:23 AM

http://www.forumspile.com/Flame-Flame_on.jpg

mcarther101 02-06-2009 12:54 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01...lame_large.jpg

doug 02-06-2009 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by absurdparadox (Post 6915600)
I've sort of asked this question before, but didn't get useful answers. I thought I would re-ask it in a simpler manner. So...

Are there any twin-turbo kits out there at is a little more generic... something that I could buy, and then buy a pair of 16g's, to use with it? Basically the greddy kit, without turbos?

And, secondly, can I use any TD05 turbo with the Greddy kit?

for the pursuit of an useful answer, one must first start with a useful question... so until you have completed step one.. you can't move on to step two.. i guess you're one of them kids who never actually finished your video games going from step to step right? always buying Nintendo Power Magazine to see how you could finish Super Mario Brothers without even seeing any of hte middle stages.

Your question is the equivalent to if you can buy a VQ Engine and then find a generic non-nissan car thats not a 350z to stick it in to.. the answer to that question is YES!!! but it will cost more than just buying a 350z to begin with.. now if you can apply what i just said to your original question i believe you maybe to come up with you're useful answer you seek.

rr_z33 02-06-2009 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 6915799)
for the pursuit of an useful answer, one must first start with a useful question... so until you have completed step one.. you can't move on to step two.. i guess you're one of them kids who never actually finished your video games going from step to step right? always buying Nintendo Power Magazine to see how you could finish Super Mario Brothers without even seeing any of hte middle stages.

Your question is the equivalent to if you can buy a VQ Engine and then find a generic non-nissan car thats not a 350z to stick it in to.. the answer to that question is YES!!! but it will cost more than just buying a 350z to begin with.. now if you can apply what i just said to your original question i believe you maybe to come up with you're useful answer you seek.

actually hes probably one of those kids who was always told there is no such thing as stupid question.

athenG 02-06-2009 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by rr_z33 (Post 6915803)
actually hes probably one of those kids who was always told there is no such thing as stupid question.

lol.. It's kinda true.. there is no stupid question, but there are stupid people asking question that makes the question stupid...:icon14::D

bryan@Z1 02-06-2009 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by doug (Post 6915799)

Probably too young to know what Nintendo Power is.

k6750gsxr 02-06-2009 05:48 AM

Why don't you save some time and buy twin ebay kits and call it a day. Those turbos are rated for 500+ each turbo.

Cass007 02-06-2009 06:46 AM

OP goes to McDonalds drive thru:

McD: Welome to McDonalds, can I take your order?
OP: I would like a cheesebuger, but hold the cheese.
McD: Sir, you realize thats just a hamburger, right?
OP: I'm not stupid, I just want to call it a cheesebuger with no cheese!!!

OP wants a turbo kit... hold the turbos!!!

I have the solution, go to the muffler shop and buy a bunch of piping, then buy an IC from the classifieds..... a wastegate, a BOV and your good to go.:icon44:

absurdparadox 02-06-2009 06:49 AM

God damnit, this is the most ****ing useless car forum on the entire internet. You people all work from false assumptions. Why do you assume every question is asked by some toothless inbred 15 year old? For ****s sake.

1. Yes, I have researched, and didn't come up with much.
2. Perhaps I didn't explain well. I'm looking for a TD05 turbo kit that will let me use whatever TD05's I like. Obviously i mean a kit for a 350z... I don't think I can slap on something from a 3000gt or some ****.
3. Give me some ****ing credit. I probably have more car-experience than half of keyboard-warriors you posting in this thread.

Jesus ****ing christ.

Zero350z 02-06-2009 06:53 AM

^ you asked for it, do some research and calm down

absurdparadox 02-06-2009 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zero350z (Post 6916354)
^ you asked for it, do some research and calm down

You know, I totally understand where people come from, I too hate the same retarded questions being asked over and over on forums.

But damn man, most threads are full of USELESS stuff like this, than actual useful info. Search results are completely blasted by this stuff, too... I find threads of people asking about whatever I'm searching for, and others telling them to research.

I could ask Z related questions over at 3si.org and get more useful answers, most of the time. I'm not kidding. Its like theres a serious clique mentality going on on this entire forum.

terrasmak 02-06-2009 07:01 AM

Simple answer , NO. If you must, just call JWT and ask how much for a TT kit without turbo's. He may do it for you.

Cass007 02-06-2009 07:16 AM

I will show you some love:

http://www.hopupracing.com/grtd18gtwtuk.html

http://www.weaponspeed.com/GReddy-TD...Z-p-25698.html

The TD05-18G & TD05H-18G are all over the google, but again, unless you find a kit where the turbos are beat and need to be replaced everything usually comes as a package. I hope this answers your question :D.

absurdparadox 02-06-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cass007 (Post 6916455)
I will show you some love:

http://www.hopupracing.com/grtd18gtwtuk.html

http://www.weaponspeed.com/GReddy-TD...Z-p-25698.html

The TD05-18G & TD05H-18G are all over the google, but again, unless you find a kit where the turbos are beat and need to be replaced everything usually comes as a package. I hope this answers your question :D.

I actually answered this with my own research (just for the nay sayers, lol). I've fired off an email to Greddy to see if they sell the kit without the turbos. Basically, long story short, I want to buy the kit without turbos, and slap on some 16gs, primarily for cost reasons, but also for the sheer fact that I'm only shooting for 400whp, and don't need anything bigger.

And thanks. :beer_me:

doug 02-06-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by absurdparadox (Post 6916332)
God damnit, this is the most ****ing useless car forum on the entire internet. You people all work from false assumptions. Why do you assume every question is asked by some toothless inbred 15 year old? For ****s sake.

1. Yes, I have researched, and didn't come up with much.
2. Perhaps I didn't explain well. I'm looking for a TD05 turbo kit that will let me use whatever TD05's I like. Obviously i mean a kit for a 350z... I don't think I can slap on something from a 3000gt or some ****.
3. Give me some ****ing credit. I probably have more car-experience than half of keyboard-warriors you posting in this thread.

Jesus ****ing christ.

based on your rage.. i appologize for delaying a meaningful response to your question.. the next time i will just answer up front and not use any sarcasm

next time the simple question would be do 16G's bolt up to the 350z Greddy Twin Turbo Kit

Motormouth 02-06-2009 09:31 AM

you could have asked if flange bolt patterns are the same on any turbo, or are custom to each application. you could have asked if the orientation of the inlet/outlet sides can all be the same (rotated maybe?) to fit. maybe even if you can just buy manifolds, since piping can always be made.

There are companies and shops that manufacture turbo kits for the Z with all sorts of turbo options... you could have called them to find out if they offer just piping?

your question was so 'generic' and devoid of implied understanding and reasoning you should have expected answers like you got. If you really do know so much more than everyone else, your post(s) should really reflect it and they don't.

I am an FI idiot and you sound dumb to me, for what it's worth. try harder not to fail next time.

go-fast 02-06-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Motormouth (Post 6917143)
you could have asked if flange bolt patterns are the same on any turbo, or are custom to each application. you could have asked if the orientation of the inlet/outlet sides can all be the same (rotated maybe?) to fit. maybe even if you can just buy manifolds, since piping can always be made.

There are companies and shops that manufacture turbo kits for the Z with all sorts of turbo options... you could have called them to find out if they offer just piping?

your question was so 'generic' and devoid of implied understanding and reasoning you should have expected answers like you got. If you really do know so much more than everyone else, your post(s) should really reflect it and they don't.

I am an FI idiot and you sound dumb to me, for what it's worth. try harder not to fail next time.

+1

halfassed questions get halfassed answers,why is this so hard to understand?

op,stop bitching and formulate your question before posting.

absurdparadox 02-06-2009 10:50 AM

Oh, I agree with you guys, my post was indeed half assed, and I apologize. Maybe I overreacted a bit, but I still stand by what I say, in terms of people not helping, etc.

Also, I never made the claim that I "knew more than everyone". I said probably, and half of the keyboard warriors in this thread. Based on those numbers, I am only claiming to be more knowledgeable than 3 people. :-P

Next time I'll be sure to assemble a research team, and draft up multiple versions off my thread, and run them by a technical writer, to ensure it is of the upmost quality.