Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

MOTOR BLEW today

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coachk
^hey its poo fingers^
So poo prob didnt tune it correctly?

Originally Posted by go-fast
did you check your utec for poo?

i have no poo on my fingers....i wash before working on cars.i'm betting that utec has fecal matter all over it though......op,i hope you didn't touch it!

(you know,he did confess about his sanitary practices)

^^ PMed you back^^
I hope you get this fixed asap..
Old 05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go fast and I were just messin with each other...I have no idea who worked on the OP's car. Might of been the infamous "poo fingers". ..who knows. The OP is from NY
Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go fast and I were just messin with each other...I have no idea who worked on the OP's car. Might of been the infamous "poo fingers". ..who knows. The OP is from NY
His sig says Utec installed and tuned by MRC, so it seems so.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM
UMW350Z

XKR!!!

Pay for the teardown to see what did in the motor
Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

there is no reason for mike to waste his money on a tear down when it has nothing to do with the tune.. is anyone listening to me? UTEC drives the car after 3 PSI of boost.. so unless the OP changes his story that he was just curising at 45 mph.. why would mike waste his money?

better yet.. mike .. i think my car drives like **** because i had work wheels.. i heard Iforged is better.. buy me a new set of IForged please..
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
UMW350Z

so what you are saying is, a tune will ONLY cause a motor to grenade while in boost. A tune can NEVER blow a motor in vaccum and damage while boosting in previous runs will NEVER show in a vaccum situation and cause an engine to blow?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:22 PM
doug

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
so what you are saying is, a tune will ONLY cause a motor to grenade while in boost. A tune can NEVER blow a motor in vaccum and damage while boosting in previous runs will NEVER show in a vaccum situation and cause an engine to blow?
my point is the tune is in the UTEC.. they tune can't affect the motor if the UTEC isn't in use As much as you guys want to throw Julian under the bus, this is a weak as$ attempt.. and besides Jermaine from TurboXS.. Julian was one of the top UTEC tuners in the country
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Cylinder pressures are so low under vacuum compared to boost that I think the actual failure would be highly unlikely to be tune or UTEC related (as noted by several). Sounds like rod failure from metal fatigue: heavy load, low rpm pull and clank! Now it's possible that some aspect of the tune or build contributed to the more rapid fatigue over time. Bottom line, we all know stock DE rods are weak.

Last edited by rcdash; 05-03-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by doug
my point is the tune is in the UTEC.. they tune can't affect the motor if the UTEC isn't in use As much as you guys want to throw Julian under the bus, this is a weak as$ attempt.. and besides Jermaine from TurboXS.. Julian was one of the top UTEC tuners in the country
There is no need to throw him under the bus anymore...he did it to himself. The sooner we forget about him, the better this community will be.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
doug

you didn't answer my questions.

There is no need to throw him under the bus anymore...he did it to himself. The sooner we forget about him, the better this community will be.
does this post below answer your question? and don't play me like i'm stupid.. you know you take every effort to take stabs at Julian you get a chance to.. and for the record no one bashes Julian for the work he did.. they bash him for his online personality.. so you can keep your personal beef out of conversations that have to do with his work.. you mad at Julian? call him up and tell him .. tell him how you feel.. don't try to discredit his work.. and don't try to talk to me like i'm 10 years old.. i know what the fck you're doing

Originally Posted by rcdash
Cylinder pressures are so low under vacuum compared to boost that I think the actual failure would be highly unlikely to be tune or UTEC related (as noted by several). Sounds like rod failure from metal fatigue: heavy load, low rpm pull and clank! Now it's possible that some aspect of the tune or build contributed to the more rapid fatigue over time. Bottom line, we all know stock DE rods are weak. Why go witch hunting?
in addition to that Raj.. my thought is oil starvation.. if the OP cleans the motor up and their are no holes in the block.. it might point to oil starvation
Old 05-03-2009, 05:21 PM
04LIQUIDSILVER

I dont think that tuning was the problem... My car ran good for over a year... Julian did a good job, and I think he was a great UTEC tuner)

Weather it's ben crazy so no time yet to look under neat the car...

Thanks to all the people ho is helping me out with this

and to member ho send me PMs about the engines for sale.. I din't make my mind yet about witch one to get
Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
UMW350Z

does this post below answer your question? and don't play me like i'm stupid.. you know you take every effort to take stabs at Julian you get a chance to.. and for the record no one bashes Julian for the work he did.. they bash him for his online personality.. so you can keep your personal beef out of conversations that have to do with his work.. you mad at Julian? call him up and tell him .. tell him how you feel.. don't try to discredit his work.. and don't try to talk to me like i'm 10 years old.. i know what the fck you're doing

in addition to that Raj.. my thought is oil starvation.. if the OP cleans the motor up and their are no holes in the block.. it might point to oil starvation
I had plenty of problems with his personal work on my car. Consider yourself lucky you havn't had problems with your car...yet. Don't talk to ME like i'm 10 when you have no idea what I went through with him. He already knows exactly how I feel about him and his work, no need to speak to him ever again.

Say what you want, you were the one (dpm@mrc right?) trying to defend his shoddy work last summer that turned out to be no temp corrections set in the UTEC map and a vband that leaked exhaust straight into my car. I don't expect you to change your mind, thats probably why you are his only friend left on here. Just don't tell me I am in the wrong for being pissed about the time and money I lost there.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by 04LIQUIDSILVER
I dont think that tuning was the problem... My car ran good for over a year... Julian did a good job, and I think he was a great UTEC tuner)

Weather it's ben crazy so no time yet to look under neat the car...

Thanks to all the people ho is helping me out with this

and to member ho send me PMs about the engines for sale.. I din't make my mind yet about witch one to get
Sorry to see ur thread going wrong way..but if you r plan to trade in, pick cheapest stock motor.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
doug

I had plenty of problems with his personal work on my car. Consider yourself lucky you havn't had problems with your car...yet. Don't talk to ME like i'm 10 when you have no idea what I went through with him. He already knows exactly how I feel about him and his work, no need to speak to him ever again.

Say what you want, you were the one (dpm@mrc right?) trying to defend his shoddy work last summer that turned out to be no temp corrections set in the UTEC map and a vband that leaked exhaust straight into my car. I don't expect you to change your mind, thats probably why you are his only friend left on here. Just don't tell me I am in the wrong for being pissed about the time and money I lost there.
as i said.. you have a personal issue.. and you're bringing it here.. you want to express yourself on your situation? create your own thread.. pissing on Julian is not going to help the OP because its pretty obvious the issue isn't the tune or what Julian did.. create your own thread or move on.

yeah i was dpm@mrc .. go ask rome how much money or benefit i got from that name.. go ask what it did for me.. i'm sure he will be happy to explain it to you.. and when you find out.. you will understand why that name has no place in this thread either
Old 05-03-2009, 06:12 PM
UMW350Z

as i said.. you have a personal issue.. and you're bringing it here.. you want to express yourself on your situation? create your own thread.. pissing on Julian is not going to help the OP because its pretty obvious the issue isn't the tune or what Julian did.. create your own thread or move on.

yeah i was dpm@mrc .. go ask rome how much money or benefit i got from that name.. go ask what it did for me.. i'm sure he will be happy to explain it to you.. and when you find out.. you will understand why that name has no place in this thread either
fair enough

I am interested in that story...for another time then.

back on topic
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
go-fast
Banned

my point is the tune is in the UTEC.. they tune can't affect the motor if the UTEC isn't in use .. Julian was one of the top UTEC tuners in the country
i shortened your quote to focus on what i thought was important:

1. a poorly tuned utec will harm a motor,when it decides to let go is up to fate.....5mph 50mph,in boost or out.we all know the ill effects of detonation and it's impact on the bottom end.

2. julian.....top utec tuner?now you might have a horse in this race but let's be realistic.julian has been a part time tuner for a few years,with no experience before that.how many utecs do you think he actually tuned?let's give him credit for 15.....maybe 20 utecs tops,that's not enough to even get your feet wet and how many are still on the road?so your saying that a cop with no mechanical experience,who decided to play speed shop for a couple years is a top tuner?

i would guess that the other vendors on here that recieved countless "help me" calls from poo boy would argue that he is hardly a top tuner.i would call him a wannabe who got lucky 50% of the time.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
zmedic16

i shortened your quote to focus on what i thought was important:

1. a poorly tuned utec will harm a motor,when it decides to let go is up to fate.....5mph 50mph,in boost or out.we all know the ill effects of detonation and it's impact on the bottom end.

2. julian.....top utec tuner?now you might have a horse in this race but let's be realistic.julian has been a part time tuner for a few years,with no experience before that.how many utecs do you think he actually tuned?let's give him credit for 15.....maybe 20 utecs tops,that's not enough to even get your feet wet and how many are still on the road?so your saying that a cop with no mechanical experience,who decided to play speed shop for a couple years is a top tuner?

i would guess that the other vendors on here that recieved countless "help me" calls from poo boy would argue that he is hardly a top tuner.i would call him a wannabe who got lucky 50% of the time.

lol @ you. 15 utec tops lol. mrc was one of the tri-state area shops that was primarely focused on 350z/gs. find out facts before you speak out of ur a$$ lol. and yes utec and fcons was his specialty since he was one of the dealers for these products in the tri-state area. did i mention that means 3 states?? 15 utecs lol. shame on you bashin people without knowing them. Doug i never met the guy or seen him at any meets or show but we share the same vew on Julian, his mouth would get him in trouble but i would let him or his mechanics tune or deal with my car over alot of people. i dont care for his mouth. im paying for tune/work on my car and thats what i resieved while MRC was still in business.

Last edited by zmedic16; 05-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by zmedic16
lol @ you. 15 utec tops lol. mrc was one of the tri-state area shops that was primarely focused on 350z/gs. find out facts before you speak out of ur a$$ lol. and yes utec and fcons was his specialty since he was one of the dealers for these products in the tri-state area. did i mention that means 3 states?? 15 utecs lol. shame on you bashin people without knowing them. Doug i never met the guy or seen him at any meets or show but we share the same vew on Julian, his mouth would get him in trouble but i would let him or his mechanics tune or deal with my car over alot of people. i dont care for his mouth. im paying for tune/work on my car and thats what i resieved while MRC was still in business.
just about everything julian did he ran here and posted,you need to get your facts straight.doug still talks to him why don't you ask him to fact check how many utecs he installed.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Come on guys.. lets keep it on topic. Not helping the OP here. I have driven the car and have been on his car on boost and out of boost. The car ran like OEM. I doubt it it was the tune. Lets not start another " who did what to Julian "
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
doug

just about everything julian did he ran here and posted,you need to get your facts straight.doug still talks to him why don't you ask him to fact check how many utecs he installed.
if you're so curious.. either call julian or jermaine and ask them about his expertise with UTEC's.. and 15? come on man... Julian maybe tuned 15 UTEC's in one day at a BBQ.. but overall? at least you could get your facts straight before you throw a number out there like that.

So let me ask you this? just because someone had a prior profession that makes them less qualified to tune a car? You should go look at Sharif and Todd's first posts on this board.. they were asking alot of noob questions, they had no idea what they were doing.. then they learned how to tune..

Just as AthenG and Gothchick will post.. tuning a car isn't rocket science.. it just takes alot of time and energy to get it right... and quite fankly based on the amount of people who have blown up Z's and G's.. there is no question if Julian is one of the top UTEC Tuners in teh country.. you think its bullsh!t? ask anyone on this forums who actually has been here and knows what the fck they are talking about.. they will tell you Julian was an a-hole.. but when it came to tuning UTEC's.. he did a damn good job.. ask Sam.. ask Sharif.. say what you want about Julian, but you can't take away his tuning ability

Quick Reply: MOTOR BLEW today