Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Blown Vortech, please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Wait, this was a T-trim on a 2.87 pulley? That doesnt even make sense that Dave offered a warranty. Is says specifically no tunes over 9 psi or over 390DD

So Dave voided his own warranty as soon as the car left his hands!
haha I was going to say... I thought he said that you can only keep the warranty within the 6-8psi boost levels. Why would he tune it for 12?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Well this is interesting just got confirmation from a very good customer and friend of g35keys. According to the secondary customer the oil level was never checked since the install and the car was heavily abused. Please await photos of the draining of oil.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Floridaboy1605

Where is ur oil return of ur charger located at?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

<table style="width: 194px;"><tbody><tr><td style="height: 194px;" http:="" picasaweb.google.com="" s="" c="" transparent_album_background.gif="" target="_blank" align="center"></td></tr><tr><td style="text-align: center; font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px;">g35keys oil drain</td></tr></tbody></table>
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Well this is interesting just got confirmation from a very good customer and friend of g35keys. According to the secondary customer the oil level was never checked since the install and the car was heavily abused. Please await photos of the draining of oil.
Dave, this is BS. I checked it MYSELF with tech standing next to me the day we called you about the fuel leak.

If you want to start calling your customers including an outside witness present at the time both liars then I see how you really do things there.

Do you not recall tech asking you which type of oil to top it off with at the same time???? i was standing next to him when he did.

Last edited by djamps; 08-20-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would also like to clarify my previous comment, tech is not running a 2.87 pully. I don't have the exact number but it's the next step down boost wise.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pics just prove he had no oil from the time he checked it last.. To now, was it negligence? Could it have been prevented? Or was it inevitable and unstoppable due to install.. Oil feed etc...
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

/thread

nothing more is going to come out of this discussion. minds have been made up. even a 3.12 pulley is still voiding the warranty. based on the boost needed to make 400 hp on DD

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND

Last edited by str8dum1; 08-20-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

No oil leaks were found under or around the engine bay of the vehicle. Customer has stated that there was no smoking from the car when the problem came up. Generally a huge oil leak will generate some type of smoke or noticeable leaks on the ground.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
g35keys

I can't catch up on all comments as I'm busy but to Speak up correctly...

The tuner didn't say he didn't check to see he said there wasn't anything that looked like it would come from there but when he got a chance he would take a look I must be fair about accurate statements.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Floridaboy1605

Ok i just wanna get something clear! You stated you checked the oil 1 week prior to D-Day and it was A-OK!!! and car was running great before that?? Now a week later motor siezes and there is no oil..... How is that Daves fault? So what u saying is when my injector stuck open and siezed my motor that Dave should have replaced it under his warranty since he did all the required work?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
g35keys

Djamps...Now it's just straight flaming. You know you my boy but that's not what I'm about at all

Tuner texted, I called spoke for a few minutes.

To ask again, what's this issue with the Spun bearing I think I saw earlier, if this is an issue any pricing on what vortech charges to get it fixed?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by g35keys
Djamps...Now it's just straight flaming. You know you my boy but that's not what I'm about at all

To ask again, what's this issue with the Spun bearing I think I saw earlier, if this is an issue any pricing on what vortech charges to get it fixed?
What you saw, by " spun bearing " I dont think they meant the supercharger unit, they meant the motor

to answer that question.. vortech charges around $380+.. all depends whats wrong with it.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
XKR

Do me a favor....Call Dave...speak to him Man to Man.....I am sure you 2 can figure something out before this gets all heated.

Djamps is just saying what he knows....Call Dave.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

So blower was used?

Nevermind: read from other thread that it is used.

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-20-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Floridaboy1605
Ok i just wanna get something clear! You stated you checked the oil 1 week prior to D-Day and it was A-OK!!! and car was running great before that?? Now a week later motor siezes and there is no oil..... How is that Daves fault? So what u saying is when my injector stuck open and siezed my motor that Dave should have replaced it under his warranty since he did all the required work?
Please fix your sig man - its been that way forever. color =
Old 08-20-2009, 10:13 AM
g35keys

Originally Posted by XKR
Do me a favor....Call Dave...speak to him Man to Man.....I am sure you 2 can figure something out before this gets all heated.

Djamps is just saying what he knows....Call Dave.
Me and Dave spoke on the phone. I also spoke with my buddy that's also supercharged and they said my verbage could be a little misleading. It was the T-trim. It was used, I asked Dave to check it before I bought it and he said it was good to go ( I wasn't trying to buy it unless he said it was ok)

And maybe this is also What Dave is thinking as me bashing him so let me clear this up

"What is your input on what I should do?"

I'm refering to how much boost being ran with new block, price costs, set up etc.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Me and Dave spoke on the phone. I also spoke with my buddy that's also supercharged and they said my verbage could be a little misleading. It was the T-trim. It was used, I asked Dave to check it before I bought it and he said it was good to go ( I wasn't trying to buy it unless he said it was ok)

And maybe this is also What Dave is thinking as me bashing him so let me clear this up

"What is your input on what I should do?"

I'm refering to how much boost being ran with new block, price costs, set up etc.
I still think that, you should research little more about dave's dyno and how T-trim works (plus top of that it was used). With T-trim and stock cat doesn't get along, that's just calling a problem in future.

I'm just guessing that put your car back on the road...it will cost little over 5k. Or you can ask dave see if he has stock block in the shop...But that's not worthy if you have a T-trim.

Edit: Don't forget to send your blower back to vortech to check

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-20-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

well this is way out of porportion, this group is so quick to point fingers and start drama. The default responce from all of you is that Tech was trying asking abuot some sort of legal issue about getting his car fixed when if fact...

he was simply asking about what should he do for the next application. He isnt asking about what he should do or not do to or against the tuner. He is asking that now that he has to make a move should he remain with a stock block with this set up with more free flowing exhaust mods

or

because of the power levels, go with a built block?

Thats why I NEVER post on 350z anymore....everyone gets all butt hurt like it was their car, none of you know or understand the situation fully so your opinions are useless.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

unsubscribed for the fuggin waist of time with all the freggin experts on here.

good luck tech..

save money go with a stock block/exhaust....two stock blocks installed is less than the built one.

FYI: I am not an expert, take my suggestion with a grain of salt. Do what works best for you budget and what your tuner recommends.

FYI#2 Never asks this crowd to help you, only your tuner can do that, Unless they are writing checks or know you personally, dont post things like this on the forums. The responces make the situation worst and the tuner bad, which should be the case in this situation.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 08-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Blown Vortech, please help