Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The Official Shop Rating Thread!!

Old 07-18-2016, 05:32 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default cooling problem and dumbass sfr and jtran

Ok guys...car is at SOHO for cooling issues....several years ago, when the car was still at SFR, Tim said he poked a hole in my radiator yet he had welded it......He said he put NO stop lek in it.

Fast forward to Jtran as of Jan-Jun 2016....Jtran says the absence of the AT water sandwich adapter is causing the ovheating.

fast forward again to July 2016...Nik at SOHO pulled the thermostat which was clogged with what appeared to be stop leak. ..he replaced the thermostat...this reduced the over heating time from 5 min. to 30 min.
He pulled the radiaor and found the hole in the rad that was NEVER welded as per Tim at SFR..

Strange, 2 known shops don't have th sense to check the thermostat or radiator fo an overeating problem! 3 different sets of fans have been installed with no success...this is the difeence between PARTS CHANGERS and MECHANICS-the ability to diagnose properly!

WOW...what fukups thee shops are....its taken about 10 onths to solve this issue using 3 different shops....

PROPS TO NIK AT SOHO!

Last edited by ogiehooker; 07-18-2016 at 05:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
QuintonC (07-20-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 01:15 PM
fklentz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name of Shop:::: Speed Force Racing , Santee CA

1) Workmanship/ quality of work. (2) Poor .

2) Pricing:::: (2) Tim charges top dollar pricing for poor at best workmanship.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: (2) Totally FUBAR, the car has never ran correctly.

4) Customer service:::: (1) My car sat there for 3 1/2 years, the engine was taken apart 3 times, still it is not road worthy.

5) Honesty:::: (1) The last time the engine was taken out and taken apart it was allegedly overheating from stop leak, prior to bringing it into his shop I made it clear that I had been putting stop leak in the coolant as I had a leak. The first time the engine was taken apart I paid to have it cleaned out, it was on the invoice I was charged for it, the third time it was taken apart I actually looked at the block myself and could see scale on the block that had been on there for ages, it was obvious that it had never been cleaned out.

Tim convinced me that the problem was the ECU, convinced me that the Haltech red box he sold me for 1300 bucks was not the problem but it was my factory ECU, told me that I need a Platinum Pro ECU. 2300 dollars later with the Platinum pro ecu it still runs like crap AND I've been waiting for tim to give me the other red box ECU that I paid 1300 for, never returns my calls, nothing.

6) Willing to stand behind work::: (1) My car sits in my driveway, hard to start, smokes like the devil, leaking coolant, again Tim never returns my calls. Tim blames the smoking "Your turbos are going bad" yet they were working perfect before I brought the car into his shop. The car has a bad vibration when downshifting gears, tim says "your car has 112K miles your syncros are worn out", yet I babied that car, never raced it, the transmission in it was a CD009 from a wrecked late model G35 with 16K miles on it, it worked flawlessly prior to bringing it into his shop.

7) Would you use this shop again::: (1) NO.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: (1)NEVER.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: (2) They do some beautiful fabrication work there, they completely failed on my car.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: (2) No, there seems no organization and priority seems geared to quick turn over jobs. I came in there every few weeks when I first brought the car there, for months I saw the engine on a stand, crank case open, not covered in a shop with metal fabrication and grinding 20 feet away, that went on for months.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: (1) NO, My original invoice was in the mid 9K range, I'm over 15K now, for a car that is inoperable.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: (1) No, November 27th 2012, at this point I would never bring it back there again.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: (1) At this point here's how I feel, "SFR has destroyed my car, it will never run again, never be the same". Not only has the car been destroyed, the cost and delay and frustration the whole situation has cost me in my relationship with my wife, she has been silently been watching this and has seen how I've been played by SFR.

Comments........... I know a little about mechanics, actually I know quite a bit. This has been a disaster for me. I brought my car to SFR because a bolt had gotten into the induction side, got stuck in a valve and a piston hit the valve. The car still ran but it was missing on one cylinder, prior to that it ran flawlessly with the exception of a small water leak.
I brought it to SFR, gave a down payment of 3500 bucks to start, then was given an invoice of 7500+ WHICH I PAID UP FRONT (don't ever do that)

Last edited by fklentz; 07-21-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:40 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tim lies

Originally Posted by fklentz
Name of Shop:::: Speed Force Racing , Santee CA

1) Workmanship/ quality of work. (2) Poor .

2) Pricing:::: (2) Tim charges top dollar pricing for poor at best workmanship.

3) Condition car was returned vs drop off condition:::: (2) Totally FUBAR, the car has never ran correctly.

4) Customer service:::: (1) My car sat there for 3 1/2 years, the engine was taken apart 3 times, still it is not road worthy.

5) Honesty:::: (1) The last time the engine was taken out and taken apart it was allegedly overheating from stop leak, prior to bringing it into his shop I made it clear that I had been putting stop leak in the coolant as I had a leak. The first time the engine was taken apart I paid to have it cleaned out, it was on the invoice I was charged for it, the third time it was taken apart I actually looked at the block myself and could see scale on the block that had been on there for ages, it was obvious that it had never been cleaned out.

Tim convinced me that the problem was the ECU, convinced me that the Haltech red box he sold me for 1300 bucks was not the problem but it was my factory ECU, told me that I need a Platinum Pro ECU. 2300 dollars later with the Platinum pro ecu it still runs like crap AND I've been waiting for tim to give me the other red box ECU that I paid 1300 for, never returns my calls, nothing.

6) Willing to stand behind work::: (1) My car sits in my driveway, hard to start, smokes like the devil, leaking coolant, again Tim never returns my calls. Tim blames the smoking "Your turbos are going bad" yet they were working perfect before I brought the car into his shop. The car has a bad vibration when downshifting gears, tim says "your car has 112K miles your syncros are worn out", yet I babied that car, never raced it, the transmission in it was a CD009 from a wrecked late model G35 with 16K miles on it, it worked flawlessly prior to bringing it into his shop.

7) Would you use this shop again::: (1) NO.

8) Would you recommend this shop to a friend::: (1)NEVER.

9) What do you think of their overall knowledge of this platform::: (2) They do some beautiful fabrication work there, they completely failed on my car.

10) Do they have a professional looking shop.:::: (2) No, there seems no organization and priority seems geared to quick turn over jobs. I came in there every few weeks when I first brought the car there, for months I saw the engine on a stand, crank case open, not covered in a shop with metal fabrication and grinding 20 feet away, that went on for months.

11) Was the final price on your invoice the same as agreed::: (1) NO, My original invoice was in the mid 9K range, I'm over 15K now, for a car that is inoperable.

12) Was your car completed on the date promised:::: (1) No, November 27th 2012, at this point I would never bring it back there again.

13) Did you have any issues with your car after delivery..big or small::::: (1) At this point here's how I feel, "SFR has destroyed my car, it will never run again, never be the same". Not only has the car been destroyed, the cost and delay and frustration the whole situation has cost me in my relationship with my wife, she has been silently been watching this and has seen how I've been played by SFR.

Comments........... I know a little about mechanics, actually I know quite a bit. This has been a disaster for me. I brought my car to SFR because a bolt had gotten into the induction side, got stuck in a valve and a piston hit the valve. The car still ran but it was missing on one cylinder, prior to that it ran flawlessly with the exception of a small water leak.
I brought it to SFR, gave a down payment of 3500 bucks to start, then was given an invoice of 7500+ WHICH I PAID UP FRONT (don't ever do that)
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT..

As you state and I have stated previously, he does great fab work but takes 4 times as long as he says. He tells lies and uses things like years old photos of cut fingers to say he was in the hospital...his wife was pregnant twice and had 2 kids before my car left after 3 years...went to jtran for 6 months and nothing done then to soho where it is now.....numerous things fkd up on the car.....Tim always has an excuse.....his diagnosing ability is horrendous...chases symptoms instead of diagnosing problems....

yea, don't pay upo front....I paid for 10k worth of things to be done in 3 months that took 1 year and he still didnt finish everything...car left barely running with numerous issues....DON'T USE THEM FOR ANYTHING BUT FAB WORK AND DON'T PAY UPFRONT!!!