Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:08 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Shitty kit...should have sent it back or suggested another one when you had to massage it EVERYWHERE with a fix-all. Huge modification or not, the kit should have FIT and there is no excuse for that monstrosity in the pictures.

There are 2 sides: the shitty kit and the shitty install. They did not take a well-fitting kit and pound it into....that cluster****. Mistakes were made on both ends and if the customer was informed that the kit fit like crap and they had to use band-aids everywhere, he should have halted the work, otherwise he is part of this mess as well trying to force a square peg into a round hole. If he was not informed, then it is different and the fail lies with GTM and FP COMBINED.
Good post. +1
Old 04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW... This is EPIC FAIL × 2 no matter which way people try to spin it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:53 PM
JETPILOT

It takes time to get the pipping to fit. It doesn't always go together the first time. Sometimes you have to take the piping apart and adjust the legnth of the pipes in the couplers. Taking things apart after you just finished assembling them is not easy and certainly won't make you rich if you install kits for a living. Sometimes the easy way out is the way chosen.

I had an intake pipe on the drivers side of my car that Quadcam and I couldn't get to fit inside the wheel well liner. I tried everything. Even took it apart and tried working backwards. I still couldn't get it to fit. When I had my car tuned at Japtix they took a look at it and got it to fit correctly without modifying it. Sometimes it takes a new perspective and approach. Sometiems you have to step back nd think about things especially if it's the first install.

I'm not saying the OP's kit fit correctly or not, but my 350Z kit fit well. But it was a legnthy install. Partly becasue I had aftrmarket engine mounts which lowered the engine 1/2" and the first attempt at the install the steering coupler wouldn't fit on the steering shaft. We had to make shims to lift the engine. The second time around would have been an easier install.

Someone else who installs this kit should either corroborate that the kit doesn't fit well before any assumptions are made.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
kaminariZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
I believe that's called the Internet
hahaha, exactly! isn't a forum all about giving your .02 cents? Sharif owned up to it when its the last thing he can do to keep himself from looking bad. prior to this it looks like he was avoiding this guys problems, beating around it, pounding pieces, and ghetto rigging stuff in this guys car. i was a huge Forged fan before this, definitely would have gotten my work done there. sad to see these things, but it only takes one HUGE story like this to sway ones attitudes.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I've noticed that Sharif keeps touting the hundreds of cars he does every year, including in his first post in this thread. I think it's ill advised and sends the wrong message.

The incidents with these two horribly FUBAR'ed cars have made it painfully obvious that it is time to stop bragging about quantity and start focusing on quality. Volume of builds is not what makes a shop great. Quality and innovation do.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-16-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Goo$e
If I was in Jones shoes right now I wouldn't care how much the labor costs. He knows he will get taken care of from Sam. I would focus on getting your money back from FP.

and you ppl that say A$$ raped...you don't have one clue of the amount of work that probably needs to get done to that car and repairs. Trying to turn this crap and making GTM look bad for no reason. B!tch please.
i highly doubt you have spend half the money i have spend modifying my car. I understand cost of troubleshooting but costing more than a new install in the first place, so i dont see the price touching reality. I respect peoples opinions on this matter, but I agree with quamen on this one.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
The incidents with these two horribly FUBAR'ed cars have made it painfully obvious that it is time to stop bragging about quantity and start focusing on quality. Volume of builds is not what makes a shop great. Quality does.
^^^ THIS!!!...the bad work is there, no way to talk around it or spin it differently, it is what it is.....its ovbious that rather than pushing a number of builds, quality unique-ness and innovation make much more difference in reputation. Not sure how that equals financially though, but still thats what sets shops apart.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-16-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i highly doubt you have spend half the money i have spend modifying my car. I understand cost of troubleshooting but costing more than a new install in the first place, so i dont see the price touching reality. I respect peoples opinions on this matter, but I agree with quamen on this one.

Playing the guessing game are we? As if you would have ANY clue how much money I have dumped into my car vs. your car. Why do you think I even posted that? I got invoices to prove it. Stop playing the guessing game like you know everything. So I'm curious, how much total in mods have you done to your car?

Last edited by Goo$e; 04-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by go-fast
shame on you sharif,that's the second sloppy job i've seen posted on here lately....did you fire this mechanic too?You seem to have tech's "learning" on big jobs and are set for major fail.Are you looking to go the way of vrt?btwy if there is a question about parts installed you triple check and give honest disclosure,maybe you wouldn't be here if you had.

now it's time for sam......if you know stg1 overboosts why did you ship it?....why do you sell it?

Why would you ship the wrong flash?being the expert that you are didn't you know?what if there is unseen damage to his car from this snafu?is this part of your "r&d"?

looking at the hammered pipes i see a poor fitting kit that needed "adjustment",i would have sent it back but it seems sharif's knuckleheads saw potential.

there has been recent talk of being carefull because livelyhoods are involved,but i can't see a single reason to carry a shop.if the op caught on fire how would his livelyhood be affected?

BTWY i remember sam refusing to warranty a car because the customer took it to another shop in disgust...but now the rules are different?
^ +1
Old 04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Dude, you obviously don't have a clue about Jorge's project. It's a 1,000+whp build with lots of fab work including custom cage and audio. Now it's your turn to guess.
Oh, I didn't know quicksilver needed help to type.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Elperuano

There is no way around the price GTM charged him to fix it all as there is no way FP can get around this situation. For dat price he couldve almost purchased a brand new g37 and started again on a fresh platform. Not trying to make GTM the bad guy here but the kit aint fit right and that price? Cmon.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:15 PM
dpjones

Where in the world did the idea of a wrong flash come from?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by Quamen
I don't care what anyone says, $21,000 is rape. That is half the cost of the car.

DIY FTMFW!
Agree 100%
I remember when GTM released their kit, all of a sudden George was claiming other kits had no chance to stand up to track abuse but theirs (not directly, but huge "hints") . Didn't they have sleeve issues on like 7 cars that spoke up back in 07/08 (Alberto, Jerome etc?)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Shut up troll. My project G is side by side with Jorge's Z at Intense. So I know the details.

Now can we get back on topic?
If you wouldn't have started talking for quicksilver and butting in the first place we wouldn't be on this side topic now would we. So you can shut up you troll.

Yes, we can get back on topic.

Last edited by Goo$e; 04-16-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^

yah, and they trashed aps kits after a year of whoring them, conviniently when their kit got released
Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by dpjones
Where in the world did the idea of a wrong flash come from?
uuuhhh.......first post?

Over the next couple of months, Forged installed the kit, and then ran into a snag that was not their fault. Nissan changed the ECU for the 09 Sedan so that the Uprev Software could not program them like they could the 08 G37 Coupe. So, now began the waiting. Sharif had to wait on Sam to get him the ECU Flash,
Old 04-16-2010, 08:31 PM
tig488

OMG. i feel terrible for the OP and his troubles, as well as Juan, but lets be real folks, FP is one of the best, if not the best installers and Z shops around. yes, they made a huge mistake by letting things go the way they did but it happens. sharifs eyes cant watch every nut and bolt be turned, its just impossible. it seems like he did what he could to make it right. some people say it doesnt matter if hes done hundreds of installs and what not, but if we made a thread about all of FP customers, and 500 people posted their excellent results, and there were even 25 that werent entirely satisfied or even disgruntled, so be it, you cant please everybody and all jobs cant be perfect. id be willing to bet hes done LOTS of people favors, given tons of free advice and info, and discounts on certain builds but those things get lost in the BS that surfaces in this forum. id bet my left nut that every shop on this forum has done some jacked up stuff or things they werent proud of at one time or another to make things fit and work when things get hectic.

plastic clips missing, really? i couldnt tell you how many of those i lost on my car, and i didnt post about how horrible nissan was as a manufacturer.

again, i feel bad for the guys that dont get FPs best work, but it seems like there are lots of headhunters and potstirrers around here. i wouldnt hesitate to take my car to FP for a build, especially now, this will make FP an even better shop.

Last edited by tig488; 04-16-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by go-fast
uuuhhh.......first post?

Over the next couple of months, Forged installed the kit, and then ran into a snag that was not their fault. Nissan changed the ECU for the 09 Sedan so that the Uprev Software could not program them like they could the 08 G37 Coupe. So, now began the waiting. Sharif had to wait on Sam to get him the ECU Flash,
uuuhhh.....maybe you should read further?

Over the next couple of months, Forged installed the kit, and then ran into a snag that was not their fault. Nissan changed the ECU for the 09 Sedan so that the Uprev Software could not program them like they could the 08 G37 Coupe. So, now began the waiting. Sharif had to wait on Sam to get him the ECU Flash, Sam had to wait on the Uprev folks to crack the new ECUs and update their software, etc. etc.
how does Sam having to wait on UPRev equate to that being his fault? no where does it say that the wrong flash was sent. just none at all. hence the 3 month waiting period.

Last edited by stormcrow; 04-16-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
uuuhhh.....maybe you should read further?

he asked a question,i answered a question.Does it not say he was missing the correct flash?

how does Sam having to wait on UPRev equate to that being his fault? no where does it say that the wrong flash was sent. just none at all. hence the 3 month waiting period.
uuuuhhh........that was not clear in his post and it is sams fault!If he sold product that was not supported,maybe he should be included in the lawsuit?

would you buy a clutch that had no pressure plate yet?or a burger when the bun was still in development......i think not!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by tig488
OMG. i feel terrible for the OP and his troubles, as well as Juan, but lets be real folks, FP is one of the best, if not the best installers and Z shops around. yes, they made a huge mistake by letting things go the way they did but it happens. sharifs eyes cant watch every nut and bolt be turned, its just impossible. it seems like he did what he could to make it right. some people say it doesnt matter if hes done hundreds of installs and what not, but if we made a thread about all of FP customers, and 500 people posted their excellent results, and there were even 25 that werent entirely satisfied or even disgruntled, so be it, you cant please everybody and all jobs cant be perfect. id be willing to bet hes done LOTS of people favors, given tons of free advice and info, and discounts on certain builds but those things get lost in the BS that surfaces in this forum. id bet my left nut that every shop on this forum has done some jacked up stuff or things they werent proud of at one time or another to make things fit and work when things get hectic.

plastic clips missing, really? i couldnt tell you how many of those i lost on my car, and i didnt post about how horrible nissan was as a manufacturer.

again, i feel bad for the guys that dont get FPs best work, but it seems like there are lots of headhunters and potstirrers around here. i wouldnt hesitate to take my car to FP for a build, especially now, this will make FP an even better shop.
Thanks for trying to defend, deflect, and minimalize the indefensible. While you're betting your left nut, the right one is hanging on for dear life to a fluffed reputation!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-16-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
tig488

nah, just living in the real world over here. im not defending them, i stated clear as day that they faqed up. im sure Intense has no unsatisfied customers.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story