Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbo kit on ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Shizzmaster2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save another $2k and purchase a new Momentum Performance turbo kit. This one of the best F/I kits on the market to date based on its reliability, easy to install parts, and instantaneous power.

Buying a used kit only leaves you susceptible to problems and further depletion of funds especially if the kit has been abused in which I would assume most are.

Buy the Momentum Performance turbo kit. You wont regret it!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shizzmaster2k
Save another $2k and purchase a new Momentum Performance turbo kit. This one of the best F/I kits on the market to date based on its reliability, easy to install parts, and instantaneous power.

Buying a used kit only leaves you susceptible to problems and further depletion of funds especially if the kit has been abused in which I would assume most are.

Buy the Momentum Performance turbo kit. You wont regret it!
How exactly do you abuse a turbo kit? It either has shaft play and bad bearings or it doesn't. The seals either smoke or they don't. It has zero to do with them being abused or not.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taywan
ya,scratch that seller then....tn kit has good upgraded stuff now that comes w/ the kit i believe. i have that kit, round 10k miles on it now w/ no probs (knock on wood). its a good kit, not tryn to sell u on it...wana buy mine?? lol, jk, i mean, for the money, its good, i think you'll like it. if u wana save and do the momentum tho...thats prettty baddazz, like i said tho, jus b patient n wait for a kit on here before u go pull the trigger, think i saw the tn kit on here used for round the $3k mark r so a while bk
Really??? So much FAIL in this post

A word of caution, we speak in complete sentences for the most part in this section. Posts like that may be fine on the rest forum, but they will lead to flaming here. The regulars must have taken the weekend off.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007

A word of caution, we speak in complete sentences for the most part in this section. Posts like that may be fine on the rest forum, but they will lead to flaming here. The regulars must have taken the weekend off.
Oh, i didnt know this was English 101. I am very sorry for not posting up to par. I feel like a total failure as i should not put my two cents furthermore. I will dismiss myself from this forum for one week and spend it in ISS.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:58 AM
taywan

I did not know that this was as serious as Facebook. LOL
Old 12-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Taywan - The turbonetics fanboy.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Shizzmaster2k

When I say ABUSE, I don't necessarily mean only when the kit is installed on the vehicle and being driven by the owner. Abuse can apply to the installation process and the removal of the kit from the vehicle. The buyer that expresses interest has no idea how this kit was handled, whether it was taken care of by the original owner, installed by reputable professional or if the tried to cut cost, turn it to a DIY project and cut corners. In all fairness, it can be a great buy for the buyer but there are too many WHAT IF's for me to justify buying a used F/I kit. Quite honestly, I would never purchase a used F/I kit from anyone unless I can physically inspect the kit myself, get a second opinion from my installer, and/or know the seller off hand but to each his own.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 AM
ace32x

i may be selling a complete greddy 18g tt kit for $4500. if your interested in something like that.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM
350ztony

Default how much more dough?

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
You're going to need a lot more dough.
well in reality i dont think so. i know how it is for most people when i comes to modding their car... its like crack, once they start it hard to stop.
they do a turbo.. then they want twin turbos, or something like that anyway. once you get a taste of serious horsepower you want more.. better... faster you know the drill.
so i figured i would be able to find one of those vortech kits on here for under 4k, when someone decided it wasnt quite enough for them anymore-or they were trading in - and true enough i have seen some. but im always a couple days late, or they dont fit my car or they have a little more miles and wear and tear than i would like. so i have been patiently waiting, and exploring the options as they arise.
im open to turbo kits, or supercharger kits - depending on the details. but thinking i need alot more dough is silly.
ive already said i would drop 4k in a second and 4600 isnt a problem and even said that was a soft limit. considering you can buy the brand new vortch V3 complete kit right now shipped to your house for $5350 i dont see why i would spend more than 4k on a used kit.
oh incase no one knows right now procharger and vortech have a 250- and $300 cash back deal (respectively) until the end of the year.

the momentum kit is nice.. and there is a place in NC that is selling and installing out the door for 6700 complete with dyno time and tune. thats tough to beat. but i gotta draw the line somewhere. you see altho i could easily break out 6700 from my bank account and barely miss it, the ole lady would miss it.... she would **** bricks!!
4k is my soft limit because thats what i got back when i traded my ridgeline in for the 350z a while back. she cant ***** and whine too much in that case.
also - if anyone is interested - Z1 quoted me a price on an overstock complete momentum kit they have sitting on the shelf for 6200.

so dont act like i "need" alot more dough. money i have, but you know what they say about fools and their money....
or how often is a sucker born?
better to be patient and make an informed decision than it is to throw money at something hoping for the best.

to think you need to drop 10k on your car to get 400hp reliably probably means you should have done it a little differently
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by 350ztony
well in reality i dont think so. i know how it is for most people when i comes to modding their car... its like crack, once they start it hard to stop.
they do a turbo.. then they want twin turbos, or something like that anyway. once you get a taste of serious horsepower you want more.. better... faster you know the drill.
so i figured i would be able to find one of those vortech kits on here for under 4k, when someone decided it wasnt quite enough for them anymore-or they were trading in - and true enough i have seen some. but im always a couple days late, or they dont fit my car or they have a little more miles and wear and tear than i would like. so i have been patiently waiting, and exploring the options as they arise.
im open to turbo kits, or supercharger kits - depending on the details. but thinking i need alot more dough is silly.
ive already said i would drop 4k in a second and 4600 isnt a problem and even said that was a soft limit. considering you can buy the brand new vortch V3 complete kit right now shipped to your house for $5350 i dont see why i would spend more than 4k on a used kit.
oh incase no one knows right now procharger and vortech have a 250- and $300 cash back deal (respectively) until the end of the year.

the momentum kit is nice.. and there is a place in NC that is selling and installing out the door for 6700 complete with dyno time and tune. thats tough to beat. but i gotta draw the line somewhere. you see altho i could easily break out 6700 from my bank account and barely miss it, the ole lady would miss it.... she would **** bricks!!
4k is my soft limit because thats what i got back when i traded my ridgeline in for the 350z a while back. she cant ***** and whine too much in that case.
also - if anyone is interested - Z1 quoted me a price on an overstock complete momentum kit they have sitting on the shelf for 6200.

so dont act like i "need" alot more dough. money i have, but you know what they say about fools and their money....
or how often is a sucker born?
better to be patient and make an informed decision than it is to throw money at something hoping for the best.

to think you need to drop 10k on your car to get 400hp reliably probably means you should have done it a little differently
it means you bought quality parts and left room to upgrade.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

DUde, 350z tony.. you have 13 posts.

Ruthless has owned more FI kits for a 350z than any sane person should.. i would pal up and take his advice VERY seriously.
i think you should first off.. stop.
second.. take a deep breath..
third.. relax. and take your time as you said yourself.

What ppl are telling you is that our car is NOTORIOUS for causing broken hearts when it goes FI.. and what, you are smarter than these guys and are going to buy a used kit and be the one dude who doesnt break their car? Cass has blown up 5 built FI engines.. you can rock w a stock block and go by the luck of the draw.. or you can lose a built block to crank walk or sleeve issues just as easily.
The tolerances are insanely small...

Stop while youre ahead bro. Please. Listen n learn. Even if youve had a million cars like the rest of us. This car is notorious for costing 10k for FI, one way or another,m or we wouldnt just throw it out there.
If there was a better way, wed have done it already.

They are all correct in certain bits of the advice. You need to be aware that if you FI your car, you are entering into a marriage that can get EXTREMELY expensive VERY quickly. This car can EASILY take half your money and leave you heartbroken.. and thats what he meant.. no ones just calliing you "poor" haha or questioning your funding..

youd think you buy a kit and everything stays the same unless you get on it.. not the case. Youre operating a car far outside what it was built for, and other systems of the car can fail.
You may walk outside one day and it wont start at all.
Or it may start and not stay running.. thngs break and get expensive quickly.

if you canfind an installed kit for 6700, awesome. But again, thats stock block, stock fuel, and no supporting mods.
And if you have a DE.. well.. good luck w your rods.

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-05-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

btw i didnt catch earlier.. do you own a DE or an HR?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

+1 on Boosted performance!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
taywan

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Taywan - The turbonetics fanboy.
I dont know about "fan", but i've luckily have had no problems with my kit. Would I rather have bp,momentum,pl? yea, of course. Maybe ill swap down the road but for now, its fine for me.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Eno

I blew up 5 built setups... I must be shady as hell

Edit:

Sorry I don't think I saw that this thread had a second page. Rather untimely of me.

For what the opinion of a noob is worth if I could do it all over again I'd go with the BP kit. From what I've seen from the guys on here who have gone that route the support BP is giving to his customers is commendable. His kit is reportedly one of if not the easiest installed / upgraded kits available and his meticulous nature is in itself a guaranty of product perfection.

And yes of course I've met the man behind the product and it was his Kit (and a ride in red35s g) that inspired me to go FI. Timing was not in my favour, however and I missed a great opportunity with him and went JWT instead. Timing is on your side!

I've had my challenges- most have something to do with investing in a kit that only a small percentage of shops know how to install correctly.

Tony it sounds like you know way more about the process than I did / do... Spend the money on quality parts up front so you don't have to spend it on quality advice the second time around.

And I might be a freshy- but this is a tidbit I know plenty about.

Last edited by Eno; 12-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

The regulars must have taken the weekend off.
agreed. i think they are simply tired of the same threads. Its like being the guy that has to tell people " im sorry you are denied for your loan".. imagine how many times they have to explain reality to upset or unconvinced ppl who dont want to hear it.

Poor Bert haha.
His view on humanity has certainly been shifted from time on the forum haha.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/members/boo...itor_messaging
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I foresee....

Whelp guys I blew my motor today. Silly me thinking I could reliably boost my Z for $4000...
Really, why?

Whelp I just ran stock injectors and the stock pump and had my cousins friend tune it...
Oh...

Last edited by Ruthless18x; 12-05-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:35 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

^^^^^yep. and on and on.
I assumed as much when i was newer, but i see the extent that supporting mods play in the longevity of these hogs..

Last edited by bmccann101; 12-05-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

btw where did OP go??

Its like we all gang jumped someone and just noticed we are all punching the ground now ...cuz he just aint here anymore haha. Oh well.

Quick Reply: turbo kit on ebay??