MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Any one blown anything big up yet? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/55524-any-one-blown-anything-big-up-yet.html)

Asad 01-03-2004 11:36 AM

Any one blown anything big up yet?

I was reading over at Supra forums, and then it hit me...has the 350z been pushed to its limits on stock bottom end, tranny, and rear end?

MY350Z.COM 01-03-2004 11:50 AM

try searching; there are plenty of blown engines here.

Dr Bonz 01-03-2004 12:15 PM

I was gonna say. You must be new here. :)

rouxeny 01-03-2004 08:24 PM

Just keep watching. I don't think there has been a turbo'd engine which has blown, but I'm sure there will be!

phunk 01-04-2004 12:40 AM

cant compare us to the supras... the supras are built for boost from the start and have an ecu that knows what to do with it.

its gonna be a while before you see 350s making supra power on stock bottom ends... but eventually the 350 is probably going to phase the supra out with its larger displacement, lighter and more modern chassis, huge aftermarket support developments, and its capability it fit very large tires for its size and weight... however, only time will tell. The Supra, being a Toyota (flagship at that), has a huge head start in strength and durability in the engine that we must pray the 350z was developed with. As if the 3SGTE wasnt good enough... they had to make way better and add two more cylinders ---> 2JZGTE. Pretty hard to **** with that one.

elektrik_juggernaut 01-04-2004 02:00 AM

On the bright side......i don't think anyone has destroyed a tranny or rear end yet..........it going to get interesting when/if we find the limits of the driveshaft

12SecZ 01-04-2004 05:09 AM

My drive shaft is double dipped in carbon fiber and good for one more race season. By then I would need a new surge valve for my kit anyway but I am knocking on wood anywayZ. I was first to blow, please not first to clunk and grind :( must reflash must reflash cannot maintain 3k rpms must head south must head south soon cannot grandma drive any friggen longer :)

swinke 01-04-2004 12:30 PM

Originally posted by 12SecZ
My drive shaft is double dipped in carbon fiber and good for one more race season. By then I would need a new surge valve for my kit anyway but I am knocking on wood anywayZ. I was first to blow, please not first to clunk and grind :( must reflash must reflash cannot maintain 3k rpms must head south must head south soon cannot grandma drive any friggen longer :)
FLOOR IT! WTF, hehe.

daking350 01-09-2004 07:41 PM

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Why dont you just take off the 9lb pulley till you get there..

daking350 01-09-2004 07:44 PM

Nobody has actually reached the limits of the VQ35 bottom end..ALL failures were a result of poor tuning and or equipment failure..I believe even Smithstown Nissan had a N2O solenoid stick open between shifs which blew the motor in two...So no one has actually reached the limits of a fully functional and properly tuned 350Z beast!!