Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boosted Performance single turbo results

Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Boosted Performance single turbo results

Well, today was the day we finally got the Boosted Performance twin scroll kit strapped to the dyno for a proper tune. I am sure most of you have seen the build thread and what this kit is all about, so I won’t get in to details about that.

To start with we installed the 8.7psi spring in to the two Tial waste gates, and those yielded some good number with boost falling down to about 7psi by the time we hit 7000rpm. With the waste gates in there, and the drop in boost the car made 456whp. Not too bad at all. Once the springs get hot they loose they soften up a bit, hence the drop in boost.

Luckly (thank to Lee) we had a manual boost controller handy. Plumbed it in (only took about 10 minutes to do since everything is easy to get to) and proceeded to tune for more.

The results speak for themselves, and the tune is nowhere near aggressive. In the graph you can see the boost fall to 8.1psi, so a manual boost controller would be the best way to go. This did the job for now. So we managed to get the 513whp at 9psi, according to the MAP log in the dyno chart.

This was on pump gas, no meth, or any other fancy tricks (race gas) that some use to make a kit look better than it actually is.

The turbo is a Precision 6266 T4, twin scroll, 1.0 a/r turbine, 340lph fuel pump and 750cc Bosch injectors. These are the items that the Stage I kit will come with. So this is what you can expect as far as numbers go.

Those with videos can post them in here as well, but I see that they are already out in the other thread.

I would like to thank Greg and Sebastian from Specialty Z. These guys were great, and very professional. If you are in the L.A area these guys are great and should be considered for all your tuning needs.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

wouldnt an electronic boost controller be better?
Stock block?

Its also cooler in Canada.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cux350z
wouldnt an electronic boost controller be better?
Stock block?

Its also cooler in Canada.
Yes, EBC would have been better but this is all we had at this time. You can see on the dyno chart that it was 84 deg F. So not a cold day by any stretch. Humidity at 28%
Old 06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
konrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great numbers, ? Will you offer the twin scroll for DE also?
Edit: just realized this is in 370z section

Last edited by konrad; 06-24-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

So my customer decided to get the EBC and go back to the dyno last night:

Originally Posted by JMac88
First off I would like to start off by saying I was very disappointed with the AEM truboost. It did not/would not hold the boost as it was supposed to. This oppinion might change pending what their customer service says, but in the time I needed it to be clutch it just was not there.

Before talking about the results, i would like to point out just how linear the hp/tq curves are as this will be somewhat important.

The hp curve was so linear that peak hp was always towards the top of RPM. So to simulate running 9psi at the top, Greg and Sebz felt it was safe to raise the boost to 12psi in the low/mid range so when the boost tapered off at the higher RPM it would be right where we wanted. Keep in mind that the results simulated were with a drop in boost pressure, not a spike ect...

With that being said after talking to Sebz and Greg, they both felt that with a working boost controller holding steady at 9psi that the car would produce the same results. We will be putting this to the test once I get the EBC situation resolved and get more dyno time. Don't know how fast this will go as I am gone for half of July, but I will work as quickly as I can.

I would like to point out that I am not saying my car is running 9psi, clearly it's up to 12, just simply stating that peak hp was at 9psi and that hopefully in the near future we will not need to crank it to 12 for those results :happydance:

Again, I would like to thank Gerg and Sebz for their awesome work! I learned a ton while you guys were here and I look forward to next year (if you guys can put up with the late nights :tiphat

Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice results. I love the flat torque curve! I'm impressed with the twin scroll stuff.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks Hal, and yes, I think I am on to something here with the twin scroll. I am hoping to have both the 350z and 370z kits rady to ship by early spring.

This dyno was with the 6266 T4 1.0 twin scroll. I think the flow of this turbine is maxed out here, and it would be a good idea to move up to the 1.15 for anything more than this. The customers goal was 500whp on the DJ, so the 1.0 housing is the way to go here when 500whp is the goal.