MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Speed force racing turbo kit good or bad? (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/567898-speed-force-racing-turbo-kit-good-or-bad.html)

black3.5z 11-16-2012 04:47 AM

Speed force racing turbo kit good or bad?

i did some searching but only found another guy asking the same question has anybody heard of these kits? Sfr retail 7799 guy has a used one locally for 2400 was wondering the reliability compared to greddy? any info would be appreciated.

deanfootlong 11-16-2012 06:05 AM

what ever happened to Tim from speed force? his shop is(was?) like 7 miles from my house but im lazy

Pholicious 11-16-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by black3.5z (Post 9951525)
i did some searching but only found another guy asking the same question has anybody heard of these kits? Sfr retail 7799 guy has a used one locally for 2400 was wondering the reliability compared to greddy? any info would be appreciated.

Lol is that the kit from Patrick (Red 350z)? I was looking at the same kit.

Call Speed force racing and ask for Tim that's what I did and you can ask him all the questions.

SFR is a solid kit uses nice manifolds the only down fall is the turbo size that comes with the kit is huge 4500rpm+ power band but you can easily fix that with smaller turbos as the kit doesn't come with any. Reading from the forums the scavenge pump that comes with it is poor but talking to Tim he said he has had no problems with his and there cheap to rebuild.

I don't know what kind of shape the kit is in itself but SFR is a nice kit if you go look at it take the heat wrap off the manifolds there brand new he might be hiding a crack or something best to check it out.

Also to note about that kit is from the pictures there is no intake piping or filters so air filter to turbo is all missing, oil drain / feed lines were also not pictured, the clamps are regular clamps you'll want T-bolts, there will be missing hardware and you'll need new gaskets.

You can price the above from Tim I already did but best you call and do it yourself.

Keep researching you'll find info on SFR.

Oh one more thing about the kit its not the first generation but its not the latest one they changed to a to4e now that kit is for to4b only.

Good luck if you boost your car let me know I want to see it I'm local to you, Newbrunswick also

BEBO'S ZEE 11-16-2012 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by deanfootlong (Post 9951581)
what ever happened to Tim from speed force? his shop is(was?) like 7 miles from my house but im lazy

He is still there. Had them work on my car recently.
To the OP, I'd suggest you call Tim and ask him whatever it is your looking for. He's a chill dude and I'm sure he would be willing to help you out with whatever you may need.:thumbup:

ogiehooker 11-17-2012 07:29 AM

Tim and sfr great people

Like the others have said, Tim is a chill dude, honest and easy to work with..VERY reasonable prices as compared to say, GTM.....My car is at SFR now, REDOING my TT stroker build GTM screwed up and took over a year to do that....built motor was found to have a rod bolt hitting the side of the block when Tim tried to turn the engine over...Obviously, GTM never even turned the engine over after building it! A 26K engine build and they don't turn the engine over once?! Thats why the car was taken from GTM and sent to Tim to complete....he has gone over the car completely and found issues GTM never addressed......

As of now Tim is still waiting to be reimbursed by GTM for having to pull my motor and remachine it so that the rod bolt doesnt hit the case.....after numerous emails and phone calls, the promised reimbursement by GTM has yet to come...

You can do MUCH worse than SFR and Tim...he's a stand up dude, a1!

Resmarted 11-17-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ogiehooker (Post 9952693)
Like the others have said, Tim is a chill dude, honest and easy to work with..VERY reasonable prices as compared to say, GTM.....My car is at SFR now, REDOING my TT stroker build GTM screwed up and took over a year to do that....built motor was found to have a rod bolt hitting the side of the block when Tim tried to turn the engine over...Obviously, GTM never even turned the engine over after building it! A 26K engine build and they don't turn the engine over once?! Thats why the car was taken from GTM and sent to Tim to complete....he has gone over the car completely and found issues GTM never addressed......

As of now Tim is still waiting to be reimbursed by GTM for having to pull my motor and remachine it so that the rod bolt doesnt hit the case.....after numerous emails and phone calls, the promised reimbursement by GTM has yet to come...

And people ask why I hate on gtm.

str8dum1 11-19-2012 11:21 AM

Its definitely not a kit for newb installers.

They have T3 flanges so you can run tiny 55mm turbos all the way up to 67mm turbos.

I swapped from the stock scav pump to an Exapump. Fit could be better, but thats only really possible if it was built on your car and not a jig.

I've had mine on my car now for 4 years.

djamps 11-19-2012 11:37 AM

It's a 'big boy' kit IMO. The potential power is very high. Definitely not for beginners or anyone looking for something to quickly slap on with little experience.

moreboost13 11-20-2012 10:59 PM

aaa

RudeG_v2.0 11-20-2012 11:06 PM

LOL

Eno 11-21-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by moreboost13 (Post 9470506)
can't wait to see this thing finished D!

Posted a year ago

Funny seeing this continued aggression now from a guy who has turned every thread he's contributed to since July into a whine-fest about how badly HE got ripped off by the guy he's slamming for doing the same.

I don't know the politics regarding the disintegration of whatever love affair you had that went so sour- (actually, i believe i do know about it... you were crying about it in july, and september, and yesterday) But holy 4ck dude...

Don't get me wrong "Chris"- it needs to get sorted out... But how about you find some other means of dredging it back up than in a thread by slamming him for making the thread self involving. He at least mentioned some good reference to Tim at sfr- what pray tell are you bringing to the table?

One might ask that while pointing out your hypocrisy what I am planning on doing about my own...

Sadly as djamps pointed out this is a big boy kit and I have nothing to contribute here- except to snipe at you for being a whiny b1tch.

psychoballistic 11-21-2012 11:07 AM

I've heard a lot of great things about the SFR kits, and know two guys personally that have run them with great results.

Djamps, definitely hit the nail on the head, definitely a big boy kit.

ogiehooker 11-21-2012 07:56 PM

touche!

touche itkncin!! Just sayin' from my experience, SFR has done me right..good dude...and to not even consider GTM as a source for anything. My 2 cents.

XKR 11-26-2012 08:47 AM

I agree...Tim is good people....

ogiehooker....Saw your post in the shop thread:eek:....sorry you had to go through that bad experience. In the end I am sure Tim will make more powa than your AT can handle...:thumbup:

chris'smax 12-05-2012 12:14 AM

I have there kit on my built 06. A few reccomended mods I have done to improve the kit were installing a werx exa scavenge pump, swapped out turbonetics turbos for garrett units, and re plumbed the oil lines with braided lines. Also I would consider swapping out the intake and charge pipes to allow for t bolt connections. By no means is this a beginner all inclusive kit. This is more of a piece together solution that will give you latiitude in making changes to various pieces of your setup when compiling everything.

One last thing, build the motor before insatlling this kit. The motor has to come out for install and the power range this kit provides is not conducive to running a stock block.

gnasrawi 01-02-2013 06:13 PM

Hey Ogie,

My car is being built right now over a SFR. You got a lot of sh*t done and looks sick. Sell me your RPF1's! Im sure Tim asked you about me. Hopefully soon it'll be ready. As far as the kit, Its pretty hot! I have been and checked on numerous builders in S.D. plus researched and pretty much Tim got the deal. PM me if you got any questions OP.

engine350zr 07-18-2014 05:01 PM

who is this "Tim" and how can i get in touch with him?

Can some one give me contact info to Tim?

ogiehooker 07-19-2014 03:08 PM

sfr

http://www.yelp.com/biz/speed-force-racing-santee

Tim=owner speed force racing.

travlee 07-19-2014 03:30 PM

holy dead thread revival......

juelz86z3303 08-23-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by gnasrawi (Post 9998847)
Hey Ogie,

My car is being built right now over a SFR. You got a lot of sh*t done and looks sick. Sell me your RPF1's! Im sure Tim asked you about me. Hopefully soon it'll be ready. As far as the kit, Its pretty hot! I have been and checked on numerous builders in S.D. plus researched and pretty much Tim got the deal. PM me if you got any questions OP.

I saw your z @ sfr. The black 5at with stroker kit awesome.
Sorry to hear about ya gtm nightmare . I asked tim what type of work was being done and
Spoke about the gtm lazyness N HOW THEY REFUSE TO START YOUR CAR and rod bolts. Clearances.
All I have to say sfr Tim is awesome.
Good work and fabrication skill is off the chain.
My block is @ sfr Right now. Stage 2 sfr Build
Yeah baby N pairing that with the sound performance 62 mm tt kit.

I need to go pay Tim a visit and drop some more $$ .
Just a long A$$ drive tho .