Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sfr takeover

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Eno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
I'll end up with an expensive POS one day, but it's MY POS...and I'm ok with that...I don't live for this car...it isn't my life, just a mistake I made once ....
If my sig quote wasn't already a perfect reflection of my experience this would be it.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 AM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Engine compartment

sfr intake back from polisher/clear ceramic coater...working on an engine cover/wire loom cover..these are just raw starting points...may end up anodized with polished SS overlay...we will see....
Attached Thumbnails Sfr takeover-eng8ne-cover-sfr-raw-plate.jpg   Sfr takeover-eng8ne-cover-sfr-raw-plate-side-view.jpg   Sfr takeover-sfr-intake-manifold-polished-top-view.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Not feeling the cover. The polish on the manifold looks sweet.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:17 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any concerns about trapping heat under that cover?
Old 05-29-2014, 03:05 PM
ogiehooker

Default cover

no...most of the engine bay items are ceramic coated and I plan to cut vents in the top IF I keep that piece...not to happy with how its coming out right now...

POLISH is clear ceramiccoating..
Attached Thumbnails Sfr takeover-engine-cover-more-complete-front.jpg   Sfr takeover-eng8ne-cover-sfr-raw-plate-front-view.jpg  

Last edited by ogiehooker; 05-29-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:59 PM
ogiehooker

Default cover

taking a little more shape..got aways to go...
Attached Thumbnails Sfr takeover-engine-bay-with-cover.jpg   Sfr takeover-engine-bay-with-cover-distant.jpg  
Old 05-29-2014, 03:59 PM
djamps

IMO it's a little unsymmetrical, maybe it's just me but I think the VQ looks great naked with the wires tucked.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
ogiehooker

Default Asymetrical

YES, I think so too but since we started it, Im gonna finish it...prolly run it withe the jdm cover and cusco strut bar instead..Its fun playing with it though...
Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Originally Posted by djamps
IMO it's a little unsymmetrical, maybe it's just me but I think the VQ looks great naked with the wires tucked.
this.

That cover looks horrible, no offense meant to you or the person building it.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That engine cover would look 10× better through the reticle of a rifle scope... before using it for target practice.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:48 PM
FearladyZ

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
^ It appears you didn't reasearch before pulling the trigger on that intake. This was SFR's first intake version before they offered the twin plenum version. Its design has already been proven to be very poor and completely worthless (no better than the Kinetix you already have). It's runner design is nothing like CJM's intake. You will see no gains except in Tim's wallet. How much is Tim charging you for that POS?

You would be better off with just a polished OEM plenum and a spacer. If you want some bling, get a polished Cosworth plenum.

You've ranted and complained plenty about Sam and being *** raped by GTM, but then I see this horse$h!t... It's like deja vu all over again. Seriously dude... Pull off your rose tinted glasses about Tim and get your car the hell out of there before you waste any more money on snake oil, empty promises, and excuses. If you need any more proof, look at how Tim claims on his website that their built 5AT will hold 750whp! He told me the same BS on the phone years ago even though he has yet to prove to the community that he has even successfully built a 750whp VQ, let alone one with a 5AT. LOL

Hey numnuts.1109whp @ 31psi from one of SFR's customers in Denmark.It had the SFR turbo system with twin 6262,SFR 3.7L Darton sleeved block,SFR stage 3 heads,JWT C9 camshafts,L19 studs and a TH400 built by SFR.They shipped it all in a pallet,fully assembled and ready to go.

So I guess your wrong.And this intake manifold has stacks in it like the CJ manifold.So I guess your wrong again

Last edited by FearladyZ; 05-29-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:57 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tim, reading comprehension owns you and you missed the point of my post. You lied and were full of $h!t about the Jatco 5AT being able to hold 750whp. Nor do you have an SFR built 750whp car with the 5AT to support that BS claim. So pardon me for not believing your claims about anything else. You haven't proven jack squat with that post. But keep Gettin That Money from ogiehooker as long as you can.

And LOL @ your claims about that POS casket style plenum. It is not on par or comparable with the milled design of the CJM manifold. If it has nice velocity stacks LIKE or SIMILAR to the CJM unit, why are there no photos of them? Wouldn't that be something you would be proud to show off and showcase in product photos? A Google image search proves my point about that SFR plenum.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-29-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 PM
FearladyZ

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Hey Tim, reading comprehension owns you and you missed the point of my post. You lied and were full of $h!t about the Jatco 5AT being able to hold 750whp. Nor do you have an SFR built 750whp car with the 5AT to support that BS claim. So pardon me for not believing your claims about anything else. You haven't proven jack squat with that post. But keep Gettin That Money from ogiehooker as long as you can.

And LOL @ your claims about that POS casket style plenum. It is not on par or comparable with the milled design of the CJM manifold. If it has nice velocity stacks LIKE or SIMILAR to the CJM unit, why are there no photos of them? Wouldn't that be something you would be proud to show off and showcase in product photos? A Google image search proves my point about that SFR plenum.
Your right Rude G. We havent put together a 750whp automatic Z using stock tranny. We were providing this information based of of calculations derived from the size of the drums, the clutch pack count, etc..... This was a long time ago. The most we have seen through one of our trannys is in the low 600 range. Weve seen a Gtm car making about the same on one of their trannys. That is pretty much the limit from actual real world testing.

As far as the plenum goes...... Originally we just slapped some runners together, welded it up and sold a few to be tested. They did lose power. Ill admit it. We stopped selling them. We seen Charles design and it was bad ***. But expensive to produce. So we came up with another design where we could incorporate stacks, the twin plenum. It was expensive to produce and requires a bunch of supporting parts. The only reason we made this coffin intake for Derrel was because he asked. But this time around we did utilize velocity stacks. They are siamezed because of space constraints but were actually going to start experimenting with this design again using a cncd stack plate like Cj and using a sheemetal top.

Honestly Eric I dont know what your problem is with me? Im not out to screw anyone over. I know for some reason you think I was the one that put 100miles on Ernies car when he sent it out or whatever but I didnt. I put that on my one year old daughters soul. So it would love to put this to rest with you. Seriously. But its on you dude. Peace out.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 PM
FearladyZ

This was before we handfinished the inside. Not perfect and Ill admit that but not just slapped together either. There were numerous passes made to get the material we needed to build a decent stack.In terms of power something like this/Cj, etc..... With short runners can promote top end power. The lower runners are about 6" long and when you add the upper plenum it can be as much as 11"_12" long which is way too much runner to allow cars to make power over say 8000rpms.Those long runners help produce torque and on Derrels car with 4.0L engine and twin 30r turbos he doesnt need torque. Its going to kill the tranny. This will shift his powerband to the right. Thats what the goal was here.

Last edited by FearladyZ; 05-29-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:54 AM
ogiehooker

Default Everybody **** off

HERE WE GO A-****INGAGAIN....look peopl, I said it gefore..I spent waaaay too much money on this car, but I'm not going to let it go uncompleted.....The AT is the weak link so Im just tricking it out a bit...If I wanto go fast, I get on my RC 51 or CBR1000 repsol (9.68 1/4).

The SFR manifold looks BETTER IMHO than the kinetics..i NEED to kill TQ to save the AT...I don't care...the 2 bikes will smoke this car..doesnt matter..SAM COKSUKERZAWAHARA said black paint was CERAMIC coating..stole 5000 in parts from me...Tim hasn't lied, he's just slow...

Don'tknow why u guys give a ****

Last edited by ogiehooker; 05-30-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: sp
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1109 thru a th400? I need to turn up the wick apparently

Originally Posted by FearladyZ
1109whp @ 31psi from twin 6262,and a TH400 built by SFR.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM
jerryd87

rude seems to have issues with everyone except powerlab and intense. he sits around being a keyboard warrior bad mouthing everyone under the sun yet hasnt actually accomplished anything. nor does he even have experience of his own to know what he is actually talking about. he is THE biggest troll on the entire forum.

as for the runners even the stock lower is too long, using third wave harmonics(what most race cars use regardless of type of racing) in a 216 cubic inch v6(3.5L), with peak torque happening at 6500 rpms with a 272 cam the optimal runner size is 7.04 inchs long however that is from the valve face to opening in the intake, and 2.65 square inchs runner area. dropping down to 5800 rpms would still only be 8.2 inchs long with a area of 2.37 square inchs. going to bigger cams would result in needing a longer runner with the same area. the proper way to do it and the way i am doing it is to completely ditch the stock lower and start from the head up, this also allows for injector placement changes which can also net some power through atomization even with the best injectors on the market. doing it this way also allows for more room for velocity stacks. personally i wouldnt hand finish them. would be near impossible to achieve optimal angle of the stack without a jig of some sort or a cnc.

Originally Posted by FearladyZ
Your right Rude G. We havent put together a 750whp automatic Z using stock tranny. We were providing this information based of of calculations derived from the size of the drums, the clutch pack count, etc..... This was a long time ago. The most we have seen through one of our trannys is in the low 600 range. Weve seen a Gtm car making about the same on one of their trannys. That is pretty much the limit from actual real world testing.

As far as the plenum goes...... Originally we just slapped some runners together, welded it up and sold a few to be tested. They did lose power. Ill admit it. We stopped selling them. We seen Charles design and it was bad ***. But expensive to produce. So we came up with another design where we could incorporate stacks, the twin plenum. It was expensive to produce and requires a bunch of supporting parts. The only reason we made this coffin intake for Derrel was because he asked. But this time around we did utilize velocity stacks. They are siamezed because of space constraints but were actually going to start experimenting with this design again using a cncd stack plate like Cj and using a sheemetal top.

Honestly Eric I dont know what your problem is with me? Im not out to screw anyone over. I know for some reason you think I was the one that put 100miles on Ernies car when he sent it out or whatever but I didnt. I put that on my one year old daughters soul. So it would love to put this to rest with you. Seriously. But its on you dude. Peace out.

Last edited by jerryd87; 06-02-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Originally Posted by jerryd87
he is THE biggest troll on the entire forum.
not true. Jeff96se is the biggest troll on the forum and internet for that matter.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 PM
jerryd87

this must be someone from either before i joined or after i left lol

Originally Posted by Cux350z
not true. Jeff96se is the biggest troll on the forum and internet for that matter.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Originally Posted by jerryd87
this must be someone from either before i joined or after i left lol
nope. He is still here, posts nearly EVERY day...just only post in the PWRR and never posts any tech/car pics and when he does venture out you can tell it was forced (normally after i called him out for it).

RudeG is definitely a Powerlab/intense power nut hugger but if you read his post knowing this you can avoid any coflict. Hes been calm about it (since powerlab and intense are in the gutter anyway) until MRC came back.

I do miss the FI forum drama though. Its a good thing to have some alpha males going back and forth...we make progress that way. Much better than the big STANCE nation crew and their self congratulating E-Blog and Online mag article coverage with poorly written articles...anyone with a DSLR is now a photog and anyone with wheels and coils is MAG worthy.......L O L

Quick Reply: Sfr takeover