Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech V3 Impeller Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 11:45 AM
aileron777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech V3 Impeller Upgrade?

About to install a used vortech v3 SCi trim w 2.87 and wanted to go big but safe (i.e. ~400rwhp) the first time but I would like boost to come on sooner so I am looking for an upgraded impeller.

I read on the forums that 928 impellers only work for V2 trim...so the only upgraded impeller I could find was this one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BilIet-Impel...lWo6w~&vxp=mtr

Anyone have any experience with this seller/impeller?
Are there other companies/options for upgrading the impeller?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Logiqal

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Vortech offers the Si upgrade service for the Sci. You'll end up with about 2 more pounds of boost and it will come on faster. I would trust Vortech over these other companies. I'm at 418whp on 3.12 and an Sci impeller.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:30 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

I got my Si impeller upgrade for my Sci trim from Superchargerrebuilds.com, paid less with them than Vortech but it took about a month to be sent back to me. Also the only way to communicate was thru email only with not as immediate response in replying which irritated me but still i am satisfied with their service.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
I got my Si impeller upgrade for my Sci trim from Superchargerrebuilds.com, paid less with them than Vortech but it took about a month to be sent back to me. Also the only way to communicate was thru email only with not as immediate response in replying which irritated me but still i am satisfied with their service.
I had good experience talking to vortech on the phone. I wonder if they're related at all to superchargersonline or whatever that site is. They were atrocious at getting back to me via email.

Let the internet know how that rebuild holds up. I'm sure plenty of people who search will like to know.

Personally, after hearing all the horror stories with rebuilds of vortechs, I would stick to vortech themselves only. But to each their own.
If anything, trading in a blown up supercharger and getting a better one, to me seems most worth it.

Last edited by Resmarted; 04-22-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:36 PM
aileron777

Ok thanks a lot for the info, I'll research it a bit more before I pull the trigger
Old 04-23-2016, 04:50 AM
BluestreamDE

Originally Posted by Resmarted
I had good experience talking to vortech on the phone. I wonder if they're related at all to superchargersonline or whatever that site is. They were atrocious at getting back to me via email.

Let the internet know how that rebuild holds up. I'm sure plenty of people who search will like to know.

Personally, after hearing all the horror stories with rebuilds of vortechs, I would stick to vortech themselves only. But to each their own.
If anything, trading in a blown up supercharger and getting a better one, to me seems most worth it.
No problem. I originally wanted Vortech to fix this blower but 1600 to get it replaced with an Si trim was too much money for me at the time, Supercharger rebuilds was the cheaper alternative. I am installing my Vortech kit today i will be sure to update my thread about it.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:16 PM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

Only Quality Options are Vortech and 928
Old 04-25-2016, 04:24 AM
Staisman

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts
Default V3Sci to SI

I did upgrade on my V3 from Sci to SI through the Vorthech. The price was $392 with polished volute. Making 16 lb of boost now vs 10 on the Sci.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:47 AM
Logiqal

Originally Posted by Staisman
I did upgrade on my V3 from Sci to SI through the Vorthech. The price was $392 with polished volute. Making 16 lb of boost now vs 10 on the Sci.
So you're saying by just going from an Sci to Si impeller jumped you up 6 pounds? That does not seem right to me. Did you also drop down in pulley size or do anything else?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:41 AM
BluestreamDE

Originally Posted by Logiqal
So you're saying by just going from an Sci to Si impeller jumped you up 6 pounds? That does not seem right to me. Did you also drop down in pulley size or do anything else?
I believe Staisman has a different cog and jackshaft pulley size which spins his Vortech faster to make more boost. You should only see a 2 psi increase from Sci to Si impeller using the same serpentine pulley.
The following users liked this post:
Logiqal (04-28-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Logiqal

I believe Staisman has a different cog and jackshaft pulley size which spins his Vortech faster to make more boost. You should only see a 2 psi increase from Sci to Si impeller using the same serpentine pulley.
That makes more sense and is inline with what I thought. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2019, 07:03 AM
Dragonh

Default Hi bro

HI buddy.. Did u need to retune when u swapped out ur Vortech upgraded impeller and did u find a big difference with performance.. I am getting the Sci trim but want to upgrade the impeller.. How much did u pay for the impeller bro? Tks