MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   My 350z SC bogs on full throttle (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/615432-my-350z-sc-bogs-on-full-throttle.html)

Sang Min Sin 04-18-2017 03:29 AM

My 350z SC bogs on full throttle

I have a 03 350z SC, I've had it for about little over a year, its been having problems after it was left parked for abiut a good 3 to 4 months with it being started up every now and then, but not really driven. I had it in a paint shop for a little while. When I got the car back, the car wasn't running the same. It bogs right around 3-4k rpm. The bog happens every now and then, its random but it almost feels like I'm driving a turbo and have to slowly get into reving and maybe it will react. I do not think the paint shop had anything to do with the issue.

Sincr I got the car back, I've been working on and off tirelessly to get it running right. I've changed my spark plugs, throttle body, MAF sensor, fuel, fuel pump, cleaned out filter, and I'm just out of options and ideas to why its lagging randomly. It has a very similar symptoms to having a bad MAF sensor.

Slight info to help:
It is a DE supercharged.
Parked for about 3 to 4 months close to winter.
Cleaned out all pipes and changed to new parts (throttle body, spark, filter, fuel pump,fuel, etc)

This is my last resort before I take it to a shop, please someone throw me some information.
​​​​​​

Z..33 01-10-2018 05:59 PM

I know it's been a while since you posted but did you ever get the issue resolved

Sang Min Sin 01-10-2018 06:04 PM

Sadly no, I haven't had the time to even take it to a shop. I think a performance tuning shop where I need to lean towards.

bealljk 01-10-2018 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sang Min Sin (Post 10879315)
I have a 03 350z SC, I've had it for about little over a year, its been having problems after it was left parked for abiut a good 3 to 4 months with it being started up every now and then, but not really driven. I had it in a paint shop for a little while. When I got the car back, the car wasn't running the same. It bogs right around 3-4k rpm. The bog happens every now and then, its random but it almost feels like I'm driving a turbo and have to slowly get into reving and maybe it will react. I do not think the paint shop had anything to do with the issue.

Sincr I got the car back, I've been working on and off tirelessly to get it running right. I've changed my spark plugs, throttle body, MAF sensor, fuel, fuel pump, cleaned out filter, and I'm just out of options and ideas to why its lagging randomly. It has a very similar symptoms to having a bad MAF sensor.

Slight info to help:
It is a DE supercharged.
Parked for about 3 to 4 months close to winter.
Cleaned out all pipes and changed to new parts (throttle body, spark, filter, fuel pump,fuel, etc)

This is my last resort before I take it to a shop, please someone throw me some information.
​​​​​​

replace the engine and the supercharger - only parts you havent replaced ... this is why you dont blindly replace parts...

what mods are on the car?
what supercharger kit?
are you getting any check engine lights?

if I had to guess ... your BOV is stuck open but this is simply a guess off the minimal details you've put up. I'm usually wrong - so dont bother checking the BOV, vac lines, or intake duct-work...

CK_32 01-10-2018 09:52 PM

Did you drain the gas? American gas is only good for 1 week before it starts to spoil. You might have bad gas.

Have you logged the AFR and tune? To see if you're running lean or rich? Before I got my tune and just had a basic base tune my car would bog at WOT due to it pissing fuel into the motor. But I only focused on the idle and cruising RPM's

You might be super lean as well. I'd log the tracers and AFR.

iideadeyeii 01-11-2018 06:20 AM

Probably and AFR/tune issue. Need to log or see what it's running when it bogs.
Does it change whether the car is warmed up or cold?

BluestreamDE 01-11-2018 06:40 AM

Check for possible leaking injectors, clogged catalytic converters, fouled Wideband sensors, belt slip on supercharger serpentine pulley. Also check for exhaust leaks near the Wideband sensors, it will make it show leaner than the exhaust gas really is.

iideadeyeii 01-11-2018 07:32 AM

doubt he's running cats boosted.

BluestreamDE 01-11-2018 07:56 AM

I ran HFCs boosted with a Vortech for 2 years. And the complete kit is made for a stock 350z/G35 in terms of the out of the box tune. He did say he was supercharged, not saying you are wrong though.

iideadeyeii 01-11-2018 08:17 AM

*stock cats. HFC aren't really cats because they are not carb legal.

BluestreamDE 01-11-2018 08:21 AM

Not sure wtf were debating about, regardless I suggested that he checks them if has them...

CK_32 01-11-2018 09:02 AM

Also assuming you have a boost gauge, if your boost drops at higher RPM you have belt slip.