Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Garrett GT3528r Rebuild

Old 05-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Fluxil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garrett GT3528r Rebuild

I have a GT3528r for an APS single turbo kit that needs to be rebuilt. Any recommendations for a rebuild kit, I'll also need to get a new CHRA, but I think I'm going to go through On3 performance, they give a good replacement. I will also need some miscellaneous bolts, clamps, washers, hoses as well if anyone can point me to someone that can fulfill an order if I gave them a list.The turbo is locked up and won't spin in the housing.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Check out mike turbo inc. They were really great to work with and super responsive.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Fluxil

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Check out mike turbo inc. They were really great to work with and super responsive.
I emailed them and still waiting on a reply.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:42 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Is your turbo a complete Garrett ball bearing unit? If so, Garrett has an exchange program: https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/bbservice

I had some damage on the turbine wheel from piston debris when my stock motor failed and I was able to send in my old CHRA and $400 and get a brand new CHRA, much better option than rebuilding.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Fluxil

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
Is your turbo a complete Garrett ball bearing unit? If so, Garrett has an exchange program: https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/bbservice

I had some damage on the turbine wheel from piston debris when my stock motor failed and I was able to send in my old CHRA and $400 and get a brand new CHRA, much better option than rebuilding.
Awesome I will be contacting them in the near future for the rebuild and new CHRA if I can get a replacement one for 400$ then I will be taking that route.

Search this Thread