Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

DD Revup engine build and a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 03:44 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, I was planning to get Z1 high flow cats for my exhaust setup, your pics are scary though.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:52 PM
0taku

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts

Your build would enjoy long tube headers.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:50 AM
THIRZTY

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man
Wow, I was planning to get Z1 high flow cats for my exhaust setup, your pics are scary though.
I don't know man... I posted this up in a boosted group on facebook and several people said they've had other cats fail too. Wasn't trying to bash Z1... boosted is more heat and the cats are super close to the engine.

Originally Posted by 0taku
Your build would enjoy long tube headers.
Yeah I know... I seriously considered buying some. I chose not to at this time mostly because it'd be a major pita to install them. And my car is already pretty f'n rowdy on the street... it really doesn't *need* to make any more power right now.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:58 AM
THIRZTY

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Well... been awhile since I updated. This is the state my car is in. After the problems I had, chasing my tail. I finally came to conclusion with my tuner that there was an internal mechanical problem. I was getting knock at 5k rpms+ that we couldn't make go away. So with 25k or so miles on my built engine I tore it down looking for problems. When I go to checking all of my bearing clearances with plasti-gauge is when I discovered the main bearings were beyond the allowed limit. Currently I'm waiting for my machine shop to be ready for me. They were way back logged when I stopped in due to supply problems. So I'm on the waiting list for machine work. In the mean time I've purchased all new bearings and rings, full gasket kit, etc. also adding a Dynosty billet main girdle, ATI super damper and Z1 headers when the engine goes back in.

One item I'm curious on and don't know much on the subject is the block guard that Z1 sells. https://www.z1motorsports.com/engine...d-p-11737.html
Is this something I should add? Is it going to work in my block that already has the HR cooling mod done to run HR head gaskets?

My car made plenty of power for me... I know the ATI damper and headers will help it make some more, but I'm not really after that. I don't want to have to tear into my engine again for awhile.