MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/92047-turbonetics-single-turbo-kit-pics-videos.html)

redlinez33 03-14-2005 08:20 AM

I am not sure what yall are talking about with the insurance stuff but from what i understand if something was to happen to my car with my modifications including the turbo kit, and I have the receipts I can get most of the money and possibly all the money for my car and the mods...by the way I have Allstate insurance.

I have a question about the turbonetics kit and when they will be shipping them. I have already purshased one and they said they were still putting the kits together, does anyone know when they will start shipping?

MIAPLAYA 03-14-2005 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by redlinez33
I am not sure what yall are talking about with the insurance stuff but from what i understand if something was to happen to my car with my modifications including the turbo kit, and I have the receipts I can get most of the money and possibly all the money for my car and the mods...by the way I have Allstate insurance.

I have a question about the turbonetics kit and when they will be shipping them. I have already purshased one and they said they were still putting the kits together, does anyone know when they will start shipping?

The first 25 kits left Turbonetics a little over a week ago. Second shipment was waiting on injectors but I believe is either shipping now or shipping this week. Who did you order your kit through?

redlinez33 03-14-2005 09:05 AM

I am having everything done at www.turbodave.com and ordered the kit throught them...iam not sure who they ordered it from...I can find out though.

tig488 03-14-2005 12:04 PM

damn i hope they get hoppin on the G kit soon!

MIAPLAYA 03-14-2005 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by tig488
damn i hope they get hoppin on the G kit soon!

Brads G35 goes under the knife next week I think...

tig488 03-14-2005 01:18 PM

cant be much of a difference if all other FI kits are the same

MIAPLAYA 03-14-2005 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by tig488
cant be much of a difference if all other FI kits are the same

The only major one will be the piping and mount for the turbo...

ZZtopp 03-14-2005 09:31 PM

As a response to the insurance issue discussed yesterday in this thread, here's what my AAA agent had to say:

If I wreck the car and haven't told them about the turbo upgrade, it would be up to the adjuster and investigator to decide whether or not they would cover the accident, based upon the specific circumstances. There is the very real possibility they would refuse coverage, but it's really judged on a case by case basis. Since there is no production 400HP Z on which to base an insurance rate, they would have no problem covering me based on the rate for a comparable car, such as a Z06. The rate would differ in the fact that the Corvette is usually more expensive to repair (FRP), so the rate would reflect an increase in the liability premium rather than collision. If I do the upgrade (based on my history with AAA and my perfect driving record), my policy will go up by $52 every six months.....certainly worth the price.

Street Visionz, Inc. 03-14-2005 09:50 PM

sorry to change the subject but I really need to figure this out. Will the turbonetics kit work with the 5AT tranny? I read the instruction pdf manual yesterday and it said in the beginning for 6mt only...now is this because they haven't done R&D testing with an auto Z or is it because some component of the kit will not work with the Z's auto tranny? I'm guessing its the former but anyone know for sure?

Turbonetics 03-14-2005 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by x350Zx
sorry to change the subject but I really need to figure this out. Will the turbonetics kit work with the 5AT tranny? I read the instruction pdf manual yesterday and it said in the beginning for 6mt only...now is this because they haven't done R&D testing with an auto Z or is it because some component of the kit will not work with the Z's auto tranny? I'm guessing its the former but anyone know for sure?

actually there has been some issues with the auto in the shifting department while boosted, the engine will bounce off the rev limiter and not shift and there has been some failures...more testing is needed to figure out the electronics.

Brad

B-Unit 03-15-2005 01:40 AM

SO wait, it sounds that with this single turbo. lets say i leave it at around 8 lbs and 385 or so, will i eventually have issues with my engine / tranny? Naturally im positive id need a diff clutch but what about running this kit at a relatively low boost, will i be allright with my stock internals for a while? Im not tooo loaded and running it low boost until im making more money to account for blown motors and such is a definite concern.

Thanx all.

xxlbeerZ 03-15-2005 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
SO wait, it sounds that with this single turbo. lets say i leave it at around 8 lbs and 385 or so, will i eventually have issues with my engine / tranny? Naturally im positive id need a diff clutch but what about running this kit at a relatively low boost, will i be allright with my stock internals for a while? Im not tooo loaded and running it low boost until im making more money to account for blown motors and such is a definite concern.

Thanx all.

Do some searches, the answer to this one is always either build the motor, or have $5k laying around for when it does blow.

FI on an NA car is like playing Russian Roulette.

MIAPLAYA 03-15-2005 05:56 AM

NO the poiint was that if you have an AUTO tranny there have been issues with the tranny not shifting to the next gear under WOT. This is the same issue the Auto Vortech kit guys had,..

B-Unit 03-15-2005 08:39 AM

Yah, i know what that was. I used to have an IS and whenever you went past like 300 on that thing, the tranny went bye bye. So i was wondering if there were any issues like that with the Z. So for the Zs tranny under most boost seems pretty solid. Mostly just blown motors im hearin about, especially with the greddy, then again, thats what most people are runnin.

When i read about this kit, it comes off as being a real "user friendly" kit, which i like. Plus there here in socal if im not mistaken, which would be awesome for someone like myself.

MIAPLAYA 03-15-2005 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
Yah, i know what that was. I used to have an IS and whenever you went past like 300 on that thing, the tranny went bye bye. So i was wondering if there were any issues like that with the Z. So for the Zs tranny under most boost seems pretty solid. Mostly just blown motors im hearin about, especially with the greddy, then again, thats what most people are runnin.

When i read about this kit, it comes off as being a real "user friendly" kit, which i like. Plus there here in socal if im not mistaken, which would be awesome for someone like myself.

Yessir they are in Simi Valley.

MIAPLAYA 03-15-2005 11:44 AM

Ok I'll put this in both threads...Brad is going do a little research as it seems the auto Vortech guys were able to resolve the bumping off the rev limiter issues by increasing the revlimiter to 7200. Brad is going toresearch this some and see if it will work for the Turbonetics kit.,...keep your fingers crossed.

04z33kid 03-16-2005 02:37 PM

wow i just got done reading all 60 pages, and now i want one cause i think this is just what i need!!! thanks for all the info, just a few questions like everyone else kida...

1. you said they take off the traction control right, with the reflash? is it possible to ture it back on at all?

2. some where in the million pages i saw that there might be a break in period? is his true?

3. i cant remm the rest but this looks awesome!!!!!

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 04z33kid
wow i just got done reading all 60 pages, and now i want one cause i think this is just what i need!!! thanks for all the info, just a few questions like everyone else kida...

1. you said they take off the traction control right, with the reflash? is it possible to ture it back on at all?

2. some where in the million pages i saw that there might be a break in period? is his true?

3. i cant remm the rest but this looks awesome!!!!!

No they do not remove traction control. I don't have it cuz my car is a base model. I think that might have been what you read... A break in period...eh...just like anything else. I'd drive it somewhat civil for a week then check all the fittings and make sure nothing backed off. Other then that no no break in time...Glad you like... :icon38:

04z33kid 03-16-2005 03:42 PM

thanks for the info MIAPLAYA

thats what it was,
i see that most of the dynos done are in 4th gear, not just for this but for others, why is this?

i thought that they were supposed to be done in 5th for a 6 speed cause it is closer to 1 - 1 ratio? and one more for fun...

the dynos are to the wheels not the crank or fly correct? just for poops and giggles what would it be to he crank if this is true?
if all the answers are what i think they are i need to get this kits asap!!!!

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 04z33kid
thanks for the info MIAPLAYA

thats what it was,
i see that most of the dynos done are in 4th gear, not just for this but for others, why is this?

i thought that they were supposed to be done in 5th for a 6 speed cause it is closer to 1 - 1 ratio? and one more for fun...

the dynos are to the wheels not the crank or fly correct? just for poops and giggles what would it be to he crank if this is true?
if all the answers are what i think they are i need to get this kits asap!!!!

Not sure what the crank comes out to.... But yes all the dynos are to the wheels on a Dynapack. For reference my car made 240 RWHP on a Dynojet pre-turbo. Again pre-turbo my car made 200 RWHP on a DYNAPACK. After turbo my car made 386 RWHP on a Dynapack Dynojet of m car is coming soon.