MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Forced Induction (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/)
-   -   Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos (https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/92047-turbonetics-single-turbo-kit-pics-videos.html)

04z33kid 03-16-2005 04:12 PM

wow thats a big difference, cool so how is the car from the crash?
i didnt see an update to see if it is ok now?

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by 04z33kid
wow thats a big difference, cool so how is the car from the crash?
i didnt see an update to see if it is ok now?

Its still being repaired...all the parts for repair were in as of last Friday so it shouldn't be long.

04z33kid 03-16-2005 06:54 PM

cool, do youget it back at that point or does turbonetics get it again for more R & D?

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 08:15 PM

cool, do youget it back at that point or does turbonetics get it again for more R & D?

I get it back...The R&D was done and the car had been road tested. The wreck occured the day I was picking it up...

04z33kid 03-16-2005 08:21 PM

cool i hope you enjoy

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 08:22 PM

cool i hope you enjoy

Oh I WILLLL!!!1 :icon38: :icon38: :icon38: :icon38: :icon38: :icon4: :icon4: :icon4: :icon4: :icon04: :icon04: :icon04: :icon04: :icon04: :icon21: :icon21: :icon21: :icon21:

04z33kid 03-16-2005 08:30 PM

but just remm the little people when your having so much fun, and lots of vids if you dont mind!!! and did u ever get your laptop fixed from sema?

MIAPLAYA 03-16-2005 08:52 PM

but just remm the little people when your having so much fun, and lots of vids if you dont mind!!! and did u ever get your laptop fixed from sema?

yes I did and believe me yes I will!!!

lopchild 03-21-2005 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Okay.....so if I'm SMART, I'll lie to my insurance company. So if I wreck my car and they see a turbo system under the hood, they can refuse coverage because I didn't tell them about it. This coverage could include damage to my car or other cars, any other injured motorist, liabilities, etc.

Yeah.....sounds pretty SMART to me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Duh. Its called....plausible deniability. Since when does an insurance company inventory the engine? If they DID inventory the engine....they doubtfully would know if it is turboed, supercharged, etc.... Nitrous would be a dead giveaway....but how beautifully the Turbonetics kit is.....it looks like factory. It looks like a brake booster or something..... Adjuster would simply proceed to write his report, without looking at it twice.....and without knowing that little item is 5K in mods.

Only on the part of a dunce driving it, that drove beyond his ability.... that whined about the 5K he dumped into the turbo system, would it come up.

Even then, as Z owners.... we are already insured as a "performance sports car" rating. I dont think whether you have a McClaren F1 with 700 hp or a 350z with 300hp, or - with a 12,000hp rocket strapped to the roof....will change your rates.

What they insure, and care about - is the dollar value of the car. The McClaren at $400-900,000(depending on year/model) obviously would need to be insured for its value. The z as well. which is like 40K max. Unless you were trying to insure that Scud missle you strapped to the roof of your Z.

They would simply exclude payment for the turbo itself, since it was
a) aftermarket, and not a factory Nissan-approved OEM aftermarket item
b) not disclosed upon insurance binding c) if it was a contributing factor to the accident(excessive speed, causing a mechanical failure, etc) d) history of the turbo on the car/market(experimental, etc - definitely not covered because no price can be established for it).

I have dealt in insurance litigation for 13 years.... and consider myself knowledgable. It is perfectly fine to install it, and you DO NOT need to feel guilt or the responsibility to voluntarily, and meekly rat yourself out to your insurance company. And it is not lying, either. They really dont give a sh*t. what they care about is whether or not their insured - you - uses his/her head, or is a loose cannon that has just been lucky up til now -or didnt have enough horsepower in his previous VW Jetta to injure a pigeon. They base their judgment on your auto, credit, and driving history. Not bolted on parts to a car. They are hoping you are not a poor risk. they have their faith in YOU!

Really, do you think any employee gives a flying f*ck what you put in/on or under your car? Well.....only if its another human....and its YOUR fault(!)that the human is under your car - do they care!

I could just see someone like you - going into their insurance company and forcing them to charge more. "but....but, i put a turbo on it!!! Isnt that more risky.....? PLEASE charge me more! I feel like i owe you more!" Believe me, if you ask enough - or are lucky enough to reach a decision maker - they'll accomodate your insistance. but....

Most likely you would get some 25 year old girl, who knows not a whiffle about cars....and she would look at you dumbly and think you are trying to impress her. She would then ask for a manager, who would be too tired or lazy to research what "the corporate manual" says about this particular situation. They would say "i'll get back to you"....and then you would have to call back a few times to beg repeatedly for them to charge you more money for something they wouldnt pay for anyway, in the event of loss.

Haven't you got better things to do? with your time, and money?

I have 40+ credit card, internet providers, cel phone companies, mortgage companies, 7 different insurances(car, home, health, life, dental, term, umbrella, business liability), utilities all looking to rape me for pennies, nickles and dollars if I dont pay attention to every bill. In the event they screw up, they have 10 differnt personnel and legal counsel that analyzes every facet of the "incident" to deny paying me for something i paid insurance for.

I just have one person looking out for me. Me. So, no - I beleive your entire comment to be uninformed, and dissenting. And no, i dont think I will beg any of these companies to charge me more.

If my insurance company denied paying, i would sue them....and win. Every time. A co-worker i know got in an accident totally drunk (.19, i think). Now....wouldnt it make sense for them to say - you were under influence, breaking the law, and reckless? Yes, it would make sense. But law doesnt always make sense. They paid almost 145,000 on her behalf. AND(!) she was able to retain her insurance with them.(rates went higher, as expected, but not a very large increase)

There's always the pessimist.

Just work harder so you can afford one too. Then you wont have to knock it!

For anyone else out there, that just fretted themselves with worry about their desire to part with more cash....hopefully this helps you resist that destructive urge.

Send it to me for the legal counsel.

lopchild 03-22-2005 12:12 AM

Now....after that rant, i can actually bless my luck

1 Attachment(s)
Well. If I am not feeling blessed as I read this about Turbonetics. I live ONE freeway offramp from Turbonetics. About 5-7 minute drive. If i had that turbo, a 2-4 minute drive! heh heh.

I am going to go down there tomorrow, take a pix of my car infront of the building, then take a pix coming out of the building, a few thousand lighter in my wallet. But with a few boxes containing that SCUD missle that i reference in my rant!

12 hours later, I will be itching to meet a BMW 3,5, or 7 series, A porsche(boxster irrelavent already)911 or greater, or our new arch-enemy: the corvette ZO-6. I sure wonder how we would fare against that very formidable adversary!

12 hours after that - i am going to pull or cut every piece of metal i can off that car....that doesnt hold it together, or support my seat from dragging on the ground! Sh*t, even the caps on the air spigot on the tires are gonna go! theyre metal and theres four of them!

I'll post pix when done. I'll take many before, during, and after! here's my car now....some of you may remember it....

Originally Posted by lopchild
Duh. Its called....plausible deniability. Since when does an insurance company inventory the engine? If they DID inventory the engine....they doubtfully would know if it is turboed, supercharged, etc.... Nitrous would be a dead giveaway....but how beautifully the Turbonetics kit is.....it looks like factory. It looks like a brake booster or something..... Adjuster would simply proceed to write his report, without looking at it twice.....and without knowing that little item is 5K in mods.

Only on the part of a dunce driving it, that drove beyond his ability.... that whined about the 5K he dumped into the turbo system, would it come up.

Even then, as Z owners.... we are already insured as a "performance sports car" rating. I dont think whether you have a McClaren F1 with 700 hp or a 350z with 300hp, or - with a 12,000hp rocket strapped to the roof....will change your rates.

What they insure, and care about - is the dollar value of the car. The McClaren at $400-900,000(depending on year/model) obviously would need to be insured for its value. The z as well. which is like 40K max. Unless you were trying to insure that Scud missle you strapped to the roof of your Z.

b) not disclosed upon insurance binding c) if it was a contributing factor to the accident(excessive speed, causing a mechanical failure, etc) d) history of the turbo on the car/market(experimental, etc - definitely not covered because no price can be established for it).

I have dealt in insurance litigation for 13 years.... and consider myself knowledgable. It is perfectly fine to install it, and you DO NOT need to feel guilt or the responsibility to voluntarily, and meekly rat yourself out to your insurance company. And it is not lying, either. They really dont give a sh*t. what they care about is whether or not their insured - you - uses his/her head, or is a loose cannon that has just been lucky up til now -or didnt have enough horsepower in his previous VW Jetta to injure a pigeon. They base their judgment on your auto, credit, and driving history. Not bolted on parts to a car. They are hoping you are not a poor risk. they have their faith in YOU!

Really, do you think any employee gives a flying f*ck what you put in/on or under your car? Well.....only if its another human....and its YOUR fault(!)that the human is under your car - do they care!

I could just see someone like you - going into their insurance company and forcing them to charge more. "but....but, i put a turbo on it!!! Isnt that more risky.....? PLEASE charge me more! I feel like i owe you more!" Believe me, if you ask enough - or are lucky enough to reach a decision maker - they'll accomodate your insistance. but....

Most likely you would get some 25 year old girl, who knows not a whiffle about cars....and she would look at you dumbly and think you are trying to impress her. She would then ask for a manager, who would be too tired or lazy to research what "the corporate manual" says about this particular situation. They would say "i'll get back to you"....and then you would have to call back a few times to beg repeatedly for them to charge you more money for something they wouldnt pay for anyway, in the event of loss.

I have 40+ credit card, internet providers, cel phone companies, mortgage companies, 7 different insurances(car, home, health, life, dental, term, umbrella, business liability), utilities all looking to rape me for pennies, nickles and dollars if I dont pay attention to every bill. In the event they screw up, they have 10 differnt personnel and legal counsel that analyzes every facet of the "incident" to deny paying me for something i paid insurance for.

I just have one person looking out for me. Me. So, no - I beleive your entire comment to be uninformed, and dissenting. And no, i dont think I will beg any of these companies to charge me more.

If my insurance company denied paying, i would sue them....and win. Every time. A co-worker i know got in an accident totally drunk (.19, i think). Now....wouldnt it make sense for them to say - you were under influence, breaking the law, and reckless? Yes, it would make sense. But law doesnt always make sense. They paid almost 145,000 on her behalf. AND(!) she was able to retain her insurance with them.(rates went higher, as expected, but not a very large increase)

For anyone else out there, that just fretted themselves with worry about their desire to part with more cash....hopefully this helps you resist that destructive urge.

MIAPLAYA 03-22-2005 07:13 AM

Well. If I am not feeling blessed as I read this about Turbonetics. I live ONE freeway offramp from Turbonetics. About 5-7 minute drive. If i had that turbo, a 2-4 minute drive! heh heh.

I am going to go down there tomorrow, take a pix of my car infront of the building, then take a pix coming out of the building, a few thousand lighter in my wallet. But with a few boxes containing that SCUD missle that i reference in my rant!

12 hours later, I will be itching to meet a BMW 3,5, or 7 series, A porsche(boxster irrelavent already)911 or greater, or our new arch-enemy: the corvette ZO-6. I sure wonder how we would fare against that very formidable adversary!

12 hours after that - i am going to pull or cut every piece of metal i can off that car....that doesnt hold it together, or support my seat from dragging on the ground! Sh*t, even the caps on the air spigot on the tires are gonna go! theyre metal and theres four of them!

I'll post pix when done. I'll take many before, during, and after! here's my car now....some of you may remember it....

NOICe...I should have my car back in the coming week or so and would love to meet up. My car already has the kit but currently is at a Body Shop up there in Simi undergoing repairs.

JimRHIT 03-22-2005 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
NOICe...I should have my car back in the coming week or so and would love to meet up. My car already has the kit but currently is at a Body Shop up there in Simi undergoing repairs.

Woohoo!

Should we plan another trip to get her?

MIAPLAYA 03-22-2005 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Woohoo!

Should we plan another trip to get her?

Absolutely... :D

ZZtopp 03-22-2005 08:35 AM

Read my follow up post. For another 100 bucks year, I've got absolutely nothing to worry about. $100 doesn't mean $hit to me.....but protecting my substantial assets from some over-stressed, under-endowed lawyer who decides I'm gonna be the guy he's going to make an example of so he can support his trophy wife, that does mean something to me. Now, I don't having to worry about suing anyone, fighting with anyone, or being accused of anything underhanded, whether it's true or not. I've got more important and more fun things to do than worry about the legal system and all the peripheral slime that accompanies it.

By the way, don't be so angry, dude. Sounds like you've got other issues..... don't worry so much about the way I choose to do things. Do your best to enjoy the ride for the short time you're on this planet.....it's all about having as much fun as you can. It doesn't sound like you're having enough. Try a little less coffee....or some Prozac. :D

MIAPLAYA 03-22-2005 01:44 PM

Ok guys just talked to Brad and heres some answers you wanted. Turbonetics has tested their car to 9.5 psi with the same 8 PSI flash and at that level they were seeing 11.5:1 AFRs and with that they were making well over 409 to the wheels. After 9.5 PSI the tune and injectors might not be enough to hold out. Turbonetics is currently testing 550 CCs injectors and will create a seperate flash for that to allow for more boost out of the box. Basically a high output version of the kit.

Next the G kit. Brad's car is in the shop officially. So far it looks like the only mods needed are to the inlet pipe to the turbo and some of the intercooler piping. There is some other really nice stuff going into it but I cannot give details yet. Suffice to say that those with a G35 are going to LOVE this kit. Even more then Z owners I think...

As for bigger turbos Turbonetics will be doing some testing on using a 62-1 and T66 to see what can fit. Look for some big numbers there.

lopchild 03-23-2005 03:02 AM

re: insurance

Tried the Prozac. And cut the coffee. Talk about ANGRY!!

I sound that pissed off, huh?

Well....i have a lot of legal issues weighing me down right now, in my biz. My hands are tied, and it is a waiting game which I cant speed up. REALLy frustrating! Then add the fact my taxes are horrendous. That is the scientific formula for a cranky muthaf*cka! So i wanted to resolve an easy legal dilemma for someone else. I have lot of my $$ is in the balance right now. Its got me tense every waking moment....so I rant & write.

Sorry to be a proctologist on you.....

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
Read my follow up post. For another 100 bucks year, I've got absolutely nothing to worry about. $100 doesn't mean $hit to me.....but protecting my substantial assets from some over-stressed, under-endowed lawyer who decides I'm gonna be the guy he's going to make an example of so he can support his trophy wife, that does mean something to me. Now, I don't having to worry about suing anyone, fighting with anyone, or being accused of anything underhanded, whether it's true or not. I've got more important and more fun things to do than worry about the legal system and all the peripheral slime that accompanies it.

By the way, don't be so angry, dude. Sounds like you've got other issues..... don't worry so much about the way I choose to do things. Do your best to enjoy the ride for the short time you're on this planet.....it's all about having as much fun as you can. It doesn't sound like you're having enough. Try a little less coffee....or some Prozac. :D

ZZtopp 03-23-2005 07:10 AM

Tried the Prozac. And cut the coffee. Talk about ANGRY!!

I sound that pissed off, huh?

Well....i have a lot of legal issues weighing me down right now, in my biz. My hands are tied, and it is a waiting game which I cant speed up. REALLy frustrating! Then add the fact my taxes are horrendous. That is the scientific formula for a cranky muthaf*cka! So i wanted to resolve an easy legal dilemma for someone else. I have lot of my $$ is in the balance right now. Its got me tense every waking moment....so I rant & write.

Sorry to be a proctologist on you.....

No problem, dude. We've all been there....

xxlbeerZ 03-24-2005 07:53 PM

Hmmmm... I'm starting to see the advantages of using the reflash method. I don't particularly knock that idea anymore. I think because I was used having and dealing with Supras/Eclipses where you could change the boost at will the idea of having to send in my computer to change boost or other parameters seemed strange to me, but considering we're running high compression motors I would probably not be changing boost often.

Now, if only this kit had an oil pan, crank wire, and return fuel system I might be sold. I know I could buy these things seperately, but then I'd be in TT kit pricing. If this kit sold for like $3995 I'd buy it, as it is it doesn't seem to make much sense compared to other TT kits and the APS ST.

04z33kid 03-24-2005 08:07 PM

yeah but as for the boost problem just get a boost controler.

MIAPLAYA 03-27-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Hmmmm... I'm starting to see the advantages of using the reflash method. I don't particularly knock that idea anymore. I think because I was used having and dealing with Supras/Eclipses where you could change the boost at will the idea of having to send in my computer to change boost or other parameters seemed strange to me, but considering we're running high compression motors I would probably not be changing boost often.

Now, if only this kit had an oil pan, crank wire, and return fuel system I might be sold. I know I could buy these things seperately, but then I'd be in TT kit pricing. If this kit sold for like $3995 I'd buy it, as it is it doesn't seem to make much sense compared to other TT kits and the APS ST.

It should be including a CAS wire soon. Turbonetics is testing this now.