MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   G35/G37 (https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37-77/)
-   -   G37 cocky salesman (https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/301770-g37-cocky-salesman.html)

Regul8or 09-16-2007 10:52 AM

G37 cocky salesman

Hey everybody,
My friend and I went to the local infiniti dealer to check out the new car. I own an 06 Z and my friend has an 04 G coupe. So we pulled up and we saw two that were outside. My friend parked his car right next to one of them and we went to work on the exterior department. :icon17:

The G37 looks more futuristic sure, but i dont like the headlights, or the tail lights either. As many people are saying, it does look like the Altima from certain angles. It really is just a luxury car now IMO as opposed to the G35 which was more enthusiast based. The car is striking, mainly because its new, but we came to a general conclusion that the G35 had a more timeless exterior. Perhaps some bias...

So we sit inside and it is more luxurious, had nav, etc. I am the kind of person that cares about the interior, but Im a driver, so once im behind the wheel, its all forgotten, thats why I own a Z :icon38: , and not a G.

Now here is the kicker. The salesman then comes out and starts telling us how its much better than the G35 and even goes on to say that although they added more sound insulation, the car is LIGHTER than the prev generation. I started to laugh, and then he completely called me out!! His exact words were " I'll dust that Z", I was a little pissed that he was being cocky, I got his card and next week we will take the cars out.
Ive been reading up on the numbers of the G. Would he really beat an 06 Rev-up Manual?? All i have is intake, and the G37 has more power, but its a whale!
G37 owners please reply if you feel that the new car is faster than the old ones if you have had experience with both.

Back on topic. In conclusion, the car is nice, but If I had a G35, i would not be rushing to the dealer for a trade in.

diwun67 09-16-2007 11:05 AM

If the salesman is a mediocre driver, the G37 will walk your Z. But it is by NO means lighter than the previous G.

RBull 09-16-2007 11:13 AM

A salesman is going out with G demonstrator to race your Z? :icon11: :icon22: :icon22:

Regul8or 09-16-2007 03:00 PM

yep, Its a young guy, and he was clueless. I doubt he knows about the break in period either lol

Hraesvelg 09-16-2007 03:05 PM

Subscribing for race results...

Flee0588 09-16-2007 03:07 PM

he will win.

failsafe306 09-16-2007 03:18 PM

It'll never happen...

JunkStory 09-16-2007 03:37 PM

At the start you will be faster. But after gaining momentum the G37's extra 30hp will be noticeable and probably win you. Just my theory :dunno:

The '07 Z on the other hand...

Accordaleer 09-16-2007 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You know what to do...

2TH PWR 09-16-2007 03:55 PM

Tape the race, show his boss.

RudeG_v2.0 09-16-2007 08:56 PM

I had a totally different experience at my local Infiniti dealership. I went last Friday to get a closer look at the G37. The salesman was middle aged and he currently owns an '06 G35 coupe with 5AT, like myself.

He stated that he didn't notice a significant difference in low end power and thought that both cars pull "off the line" about the same. He felt that the cars would be fairly equal from about 0-30mph or so. He said it was in the high end power that you really notice the difference and added power of the G37.

He didn't trash his own product by any means. He feels that the interior is vastly improved and I completely agree. He touted the new features including the hard drive for MP3 files, intelligent cruise control, and the rear view backup camera. He feels that the G37 is a lot of car and has a lot of features for the money. He also said that it has a smoother ride.

But he admitted that he has mixed feelings about the exterior and shared many of the same criticisms about the front bumper on the sport model and the way ther rear end doesn't flow like the original G35. He agreed that the exterior has lost some of it's originality and has some shades of Lexus in the front end styling and headlight design. He also spontaneously stated that he thought the G35 was the car that will be more sought after down the road by enthusiasts because of it's distinct/unique and more sporty appearance.

He also admitted that Infiniti is going after a more upscale market versus the original G35 coupe and is going more after luxury buyers to compete more directly with BMW and Lexus.

BUT HERE'S THE BEST PART!!!... He told me he personally believes that Infiniti is pulling the G coupe further into the luxury market to make room in their model line for a 2-seat sports car in the future to compete more directly in the performance segment with the likes of Porsche!!! If you think about it, Acura kinda did the same thing with the NSX. He said he believes this due to some rumors within the company, but he wouldn't elaborate any further.

I tend to trust the rumors I've heard at my dealership, because previous rumors about the G37 have proven true. I think my dealership is in the loop due to the desert testing Infiniti does out here with their prototypes. Over the last few years, I've seen several protypes from a few manufacturers, including Infiniti, with manufacturer plates running around near my house on the east side of Mesa, usually late at night. I learned from my dealership that the new coupe might be labeled a G37 and that there would be a hard top convertible version way before I read anything in any of the car magazines or on the forums.

He also stated that he has seen a new EX SUV prototype (which is a smaller version of the FX) stop by the dealership heavily disguised and taped up. He thinks a compact SUV like the EX will appeal to more female buyers/drivers.

da mayor 09-17-2007 06:45 AM

u mmmm wow... i wish i can do that. i told one client my G is stock and took him for a ride =)

warmmilk 09-17-2007 08:37 AM

if the guy in the g has the slightest bit of driving talent, u don't stand a chance

Regul8or 09-17-2007 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
You know what to do...

LMAO :icon18:

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR

That would be hilarious.

I dont know guys, we'll just have to see, i'm really curious as to what will happen. Ill search for some dyno #'s on the G. Ill definitely let you know what happens this Friday :D

Thanks for the post RudeG_v2.0 , im glad you had a better experience, of course if I win, i would be rejuvenated lol.

RBull 09-18-2007 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Regul8or
yep, Its a young guy, and he was clueless. I doubt he knows about the break in period either lol

Someone should talk some sense into that guy. ;)

CervanteZ 09-18-2007 05:46 AM

He probably wasn't even a salesman, just some dude starting sh!t.

light 09-18-2007 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I had a totally different experience at my local Infiniti dealership. I went last Friday to get a closer look at the G37. The salesman was middle aged and he currently owns an '06 G35 coupe with 5AT, like myself.

He stated that he didn't notice a significant difference in low end power and thought that both cars pull "off the line" about the same. He felt that the cars would be fairly equal from about 0-30mph or so. He said it was in the high end power that you really notice the difference and added power of the G37.

He didn't trash his own product by any means. He feels that the interior is vastly improved and I completely agree. He touted the new features including the hard drive for MP3 files, intelligent cruise control, and the rear view backup camera. He feels that the G37 is a lot of car and has a lot of features for the money. He also said that it has a smoother ride.

But he admitted that he has mixed feelings about the exterior and shared many of the same criticisms about the front bumper on the sport model and the way ther rear end doesn't flow like the original G35. He agreed that the exterior has lost some of it's originality and has some shades of Lexus in the front end styling and headlight design. He also spontaneously stated that he thought the G35 was the car that will be more sought after down the road by enthusiasts because of it's distinct/unique and more sporty appearance.

He also admitted that Infiniti is going after a more upscale market versus the original G35 coupe and is going more after luxury buyers to compete more directly with BMW and Lexus.

BUT HERE'S THE BEST PART!!!... He told me he personally believes that Infiniti is pulling the G coupe further into the luxury market to make room in their model line for a 2-seat sports car in the future to compete more directly in the performance segment with the likes of Porsche!!! If you think about it, Acura kinda did the same thing with the NSX. He said he believes this due to some rumors within the company, but he wouldn't elaborate any further.

I tend to trust the rumors I've heard at my dealership, because previous rumors about the G37 have proven true. I think my dealership is in the loop due to the desert testing Infiniti does out here with their prototypes. Over the last few years, I've seen several protypes from a few manufacturers, including Infiniti, with manufacturer plates running around near my house on the east side of Mesa, usually late at night. I learned from my dealership that the new coupe might be labeled a G37 and that there would be a hard top convertible version way before I read anything in any of the car magazines or on the forums.

He also stated that he has seen a new EX SUV prototype (which is a smaller version of the FX) stop by the dealership heavily disguised and taped up. He thinks a compact SUV like the EX will appeal to more female buyers/drivers.

really good point, but i really doubt that Infiniti going to come up with high-end sports car like NSX, NSX only sold about 100 or so unit per year.not saying is going to happen to Infiniti, but too many other high-end brands that is already established would be kinda hard for infiniti to jump in the big baller market.

myZter 09-18-2007 08:54 AM

most sells man say that so they can sell the car. i dont think u will beat a g37 extra 30hp is alot

Triple8Sol 09-18-2007 11:27 AM

http://www.littleshelter.com/images/bingo.jpg

CEO350Z 09-18-2007 11:30 AM

and then call the cops that you have proof he was street racing :icon38: