MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   G35/G37 (https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37-77/)
-   -   G35...or Skyline? (https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/55765-g35-or-skyline.html)

RedShft 01-05-2004 11:24 AM

G35...or Skyline?

i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline. but i think the Skyline died with the R34....does anyone else agree? dont get me wrong, the G35 is a NICE ride...but it shares no major attributes with the previous generation skylines. whats everyone elses thought on this?

imelda 01-05-2004 11:44 AM

Excuse Me while I Kiss The Sky...Line!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm Glad That The New Skyline Is Based Upon the G35 Coupe' Platform.
Besides What Other Nissan Product Deserves it.
One Very Happy G35 Owner.:icon17:

EmpiricalGMan 01-05-2004 02:12 PM

I wish it had nothing to do with the Skyline. The G35 stands on its own and should create its own legend, and not be tacked on to a ricer's fantasy.

(note: I'm not saying Skylines are ricey, just that every dope with a Playstation thinks you can jack that car up to 1000 hp with a coffee can exhaust and some carbon fibre)

RedShft 01-05-2004 02:27 PM

Re: Excuse Me while I Kiss The Sky...Line!

Originally posted by imelda

As Far as Major Tributes How About Designed By Porsche built by Nissan...

what does that have to do w/ the G35 having something in common with a Skyline?

r34 racer 01-05-2004 03:01 PM

Re: G35...or Skyline?

Originally posted by RedShft
i think the Skyline died with the R34....does anyone else agree?
The skyline as YOU know it died with the R34 GTR. Believe it or not, there is a rather large range of skylines, including the gts-t, gts, gt, gtr, etc. The performance heritage of the skyline has died with the R34, but that was the intent of seperating the GTR name from the skyline name. The other versions of the skyline live on in japan (350GT, etc. etc.) while the performance aspect of the line is transferred the the new GTR name.

ImportFreak 01-06-2004 01:15 PM

the great rb is gone.. even tho the vq isnt as good, it will do.. remember the g35 is proally equivalent to the gts and the new gtr coming out is gonna whoop ***.. u just wait.. plus if u think the skyline died every time it got a new body and engine then it died a long time ago.. the r32 isnt the earliest skyline you know

conq 01-06-2004 10:41 PM

Re: G35...or Skyline?

Originally posted by RedShft
i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline. but i think the Skyline died with the R34....does anyone else agree? dont get me wrong, the G35 is a NICE ride...but it shares no major attributes with the previous generation skylines. whats everyone elses thought on this?
Why would the Skyline be dead? Just because it doesn't use a rb motor anymore? When the first skyline came out in 1955 it didn't have a rb motor. Most people think of the r34 gt-r when they think of skyline and don't realize that the name has lots of history behind it. The g35 is a skyline plain and simple, with or without rb motor. The next gen skyline might be electric hybrid, who knows but it'll still be a skyline.

snolden 01-07-2004 08:38 AM

At least it is not as bad as they did to the the Nova or the Le Mans here in America.

iChiBahN 01-07-2004 04:49 PM

what are you guys talking about?!?!?

G35 is not the Successor of the Skyline GT-R....

get your facts straight...

r34 racer 01-08-2004 05:55 PM

Originally posted by iChiBahN

Exactly, the GTR Concept is the successor of the Skyline GTR. The G35 line, however, is the successor of all the non-gtr skylines.

conq 01-08-2004 06:06 PM

Read much? No one said the g35 was the successor to the skyline gt-r. We all know there will be a next gen skyline gt-r. Get your facts straight.

** 01-08-2004 08:42 PM

when you think skyline you think of the GT-R starting with the R32 but like others said its more than just the performance model, the skyline was around before the GT-R and its around now after the GT-R so instead of saying it died maybe its racing side is "sleeping" would be appropriate! because in a few years im sure it will wake up!

the GT-R sorta became is own car it and i doubt it will carry the skyline name to its new generation (we'll see if nissan decides to bring the GT-R out as an infiniti or not.... hopefully not) but then again we dont see any honda NSX driving around do we?

i love the G35 being a skyline if i had one (either coupe or sedan)instead of the Z i would rebadge it like i did my Z to fairlady

if you put the G35 sedan nimso kit on the car and throw a little hp it would be damn worthy to carry the skyline name!

iChiBahN 01-09-2004 12:14 AM

Originally posted by conq
Read much? No one said the g35 was the successor to the skyline gt-r. We all know there will be a next gen skyline gt-r. Get your facts straight.
Yo conq, u moron see this?

"i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline. but i think the Skyline died with the R34....does anyone else agree?"

read it before you diss, stupid kid

** 01-09-2004 04:55 AM

afr0puff 01-09-2004 05:37 AM

"i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline. but i think the Skyline died with the R34....does anyone else agree?"

Dude chill out. You are the one that is "wrong" here. The G35 is the next Skyline in Japan. The "Skyline" only became popular here because of the R32-R34. However, before that, the skyline name was a traditional consumer performance car. The whole R-line was a tangent. They are now bringing it back to its roots with the G35. And the R-line is being branched off into its own GTR line. It was similar to BMW with the 3-series and the M3. The original poster mentioned the Skyline name thus linking it with its heritage. R34_racer filled him in regarding the name brand. So again... no one here is saying the G35 is the successor to the R34.

** 01-09-2004 06:02 AM

this will inform those who dont know and be a refresher for us enthusiasts

everyone click this link (and look at the pretty pictures since most of us dont speak japanese)

http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/HERITAGE/MUSEUM/index.html

conq 01-09-2004 08:56 PM

Uhm ok, where did he say the G35 was the next GT-R? The Skyline has been around way before the GT-R. It's not it's successor, it is it's predecessor. Sorry, but I was not the moron who failed reading comprehension, kid...

Next time, how about holding a intelligent discussion before you go around calling people stupid?

iChiBahN 01-10-2004 02:47 AM

Wow cant' you use your little brain and try to interprete what he said? he said "G is considered the next Skyline. but i think the Skyline died with the R34...." when he says next Skyline and then talk about how Skyline "died" with R34" <~ IN THE VERY NEXT LINE

i am sure he's talkin about it.

please use your brain and yes you are a moron and no i am not a kid.

not trying to start anyhting, but conq needs to get his head straight

conq 01-10-2004 02:47 PM

Ok I don't usually participate in flame wars on internet message boards but I need to set you straight. You are a complete and total imbecile. How does any of your arguements contribute to the topic posted by the orginal poster?

The fact is that no one said that the G35 was the successor to the GTR. The orginal poster said ,"i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline". You are saying that he is refering to the GT-R. Ok if he is refering to the GT-R, SO WHAT? He's saying that is what he heard about the G35, not even his own opinion as he goes to say in his post.

And then you make this little gem of a post that made no sense since NO ONE was saying that the g35 is the next GT-R.

Get our facts straight? NO ONE SAID THE G35 WAS THE NEXT GT-R. The G35 IS a Skyline but it is not the next GT-R. The fact is the the G35 is the successor to the non turbo Skyline model(gts). In that little brain of yours you do realize that there are different models to a specific car model right? Ever hear of the corvette z06, mustang cobra, impreza Sti, the list goes on. The fact is that nissan announced the next GT-R to come out in 2007. We all know that, we are not under any illusion that we are driving a next gen GT-R.

You might not be a kid, but you sure act like one. That's all I have to say. I'm done posting in this thread and i'll go out and drive my next gen US version of the Skyline(non GT-R).

iChiBahN 01-10-2004 03:53 PM

Originally posted by conq
Ok I don't usually participate in flame wars on internet message boards but I need to set you straight. You are a complete and total imbecile. How does any of your arguements contribute to the topic posted by the orginal poster?

The fact is that no one said that the G35 was the successor to the GTR. The orginal poster said ,"i know in Japan or whatever the G is considered the next Skyline". You are saying that he is refering to the GT-R. Ok if he is refering to the GT-R, SO WHAT? He's saying that is what he heard about the G35, not even his own opinion as he goes to say in his post.

And then you make this little gem of a post that made no sense since NO ONE was saying that the g35 is the next GT-R.

Get our facts straight? NO ONE SAID THE G35 WAS THE NEXT GT-R. The G35 IS a Skyline but it is not the next GT-R. The fact is the the G35 is the successor to the non turbo Skyline model(gts). In that little brain of yours you do realize that there are different models to a specific car model right? Ever hear of the corvette z06, mustang cobra, impreza Sti, the list goes on. The fact is that nissan announced the next GT-R to come out in 2007. We all know that, we are not under any illusion that we are driving a next gen GT-R.

You might not be a kid, but you sure act like one. That's all I have to say. I'm done posting in this thread and i'll go out and drive my next gen US version of the Skyline(non GT-R).

Yo idiot instead of trying to be a moron, do some good for this site eh?

all your talking it's all coming out as "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

so quit while your ahead, cause you are very so tuned out :):icon6: