Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Replacing blown rev-up with non-rev engine.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM
raygun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing blown rev-up with non-rev engine.

My 06 6MT coupe threw a rod awhile back, no doubt due to the !@#!!! oil consumption issues. I should've kept a better eye on it, apparently, but it made it 120k miles.

I now have a complete JDM non-rev-up VQ35DE, with matching harness and computer.

What sort of issues should I expect after I get it in the car? I'll use the harness and computer that came with the engine.

I'm not sure if this ECU came out of an auto or manual car, so I imagine there will be some issues which may require a re-flash or ECU swap.

What other issues should I expect?

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by raygun; 06-22-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

I suggest you look at the harness ends of both the DE and revup engines to make sure they are identical. No telling how many pin outs the rev out had compared to the DE, but you might be able to tell something by looking carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CEL or two on when you get the swap completed.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:29 PM
raygun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
I suggest you look at the harness ends of both the DE and revup engines to make sure they are identical. No telling how many pin outs the rev out had compared to the DE, but you might be able to tell something by looking carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a CEL or two on when you get the swap completed.
Thanks for the response. I'm using the computer and engine harness that came with the new engine, so I don't think that's going to be an issue.

I'm mostly concerned with auto vs manual errors.

Last edited by raygun; 06-27-2017 at 02:32 PM.