bizzyboyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by NoLimit
Good to meet you on Saturday Skyler, ... did anything come of getting a current invoice of your parts???

Just let let some inquiring minds know, I met with Skyler on Saturday and checked out what he was sold. The exhaust is a y-pipe back muffler shop special, ... which means, crush bent piping and a generic single in-dual out muffler. He paid for a Stillen true dual. Big price difference there.
He has the JWT pop charger now, ... He gave VRT the AEM intake to install that he previously got from a friend, ... VRT 'lost' it, and put on the JWT filter.
The Stance coilovers are of the common garden variety, and used (as in they were used before he got them). Not sure 'exactly' who had them, but I am confident they have a decent amount of track time (wear and tear) on them.

Sorry that I could not get your car on the lift to take pics Skyler, ... I didn't try to take any with the car on the ground b/c of the lack of clarity.
Hope this works out for you!
It's like a forum social experiment... There had been virtually nothing mentioned for several days then BAM!!! When I read this post I thought to myself - oh man, this is going to open the floodgates... low & behold - 12 post in far less than 24 hrs! Remember, this is after nothing for several days.

This thread is going to be legendary! It will outlive cockroaches AND Keith Richards!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey lets be fair, NOTHING will outlive Keith Richards. Even John Wayne didn't stand a chance when Keith Richards came around.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Very true, I could pursue that, but I would prefer not to. Im hoping that he will make all this right to me. In our negotiation, He agreed to get me the Stillen true dual exhaust like I originally asked for, he is getting me a correct popcharger, and He is giving me $1000 back. If that is not enough and he got too good of a deal then im sure he knows it. Maybe he will show some good faith and refund me the whole 1500 because he knows that is what I should get, but I did agree, so if he doesn't want to show some good faith and refund the 1500 I can't make him and I won't try. Any input on this amount? Im sure MrA will see this thread and knows what is the right amount I deserve to get back
Since this thread is 50,000 pages long lets outline what was purchased and what was just labor charge. Correct this if its wrong but:

AEM CAI (paid for install only)
Stillen Headers (paid for install only)
Stillen exhaust (bought part and paid for install)
Stillen Sway Bars (bought part and paid for install)
Stance coilovers (bought part and paid for install)

Lets break down what it should have cost based on some number floating around.

AEM CAI install- 1 hour tops, lets say $100/hour so= $100
Stillen Headers Install- to be conservative- 15 hours= $1500
Stillen Exhaust- $1216 MSRP for parts 1 hour install= $1316
Stillen Sway Bars- $299 MSRP- 1 hour install= $399
Stance Coilovers- Have no idea which ones but lets assume GR +3 brand new $1995 MSRP 2 hours install (on the high side)= $2195

Total Cost:
$5510

That should be VERY close to the price. If we go back and use $150/hour for labor thats $6510. That assuming you got everything you ordered BRAND NEW and the parts you brought were installed. If you did not get Stance GR +3 the price goes down. They are used anyways so I would ask for a BRAND NEW set of GR +3s. The CORRECT BRAND NEW Stillen exhaust would need to be installed, the AEM CAI you brought them should be located and installed or a new one should be covered by them and installed. At the same time you should validate you got the Stillen headers and Sway bars on the car. If all that is met the price you paid was MSRP for all parts and $150/hour in labor and the $6500 is valid. Of course the restocking fee is beyond me but whatever..what you got for that amount is a travesty and unless its corrected as I outlined above I would take a hard look at forcing some kind of action.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-06-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Since this thread is 50,000 pages long lets outline what was purchased and what was just labor charge. Correct this if its wrong but:

Stance Coilovers- Have no idea which ones but lets assume GR +3 brand new $1995 MSRP 2 hours install (on the high side)= $2195

Total Cost:
$5510

That should be VERY close to the price. If we go back and use $150/hour for labor thats $6510. That assuming you got everything you ordered BRAND NEW and the parts you brought were installed. If you did not get Stance GR +3 the price goes down. They are used anyways so I would ask for a BRAND NEW set of GR +3s. The CORRECT BRAND NEW Stillen exhaust would need to be installed, the AEM CAI you brought them should be located and installed or a new one should be covered by them and installed. At the same time you should validate you got the Stillen headers and Sway bars on the car. If all that is met the price you paid was MSRP for all parts and $150/hour in labor and the $6500 is valid. Of course the restocking fee is beyond me but whatever..what you got for that amount is a travesty and unless its corrected as I outlined above I would take a hard look at forcing some kind of action.
And the entertainment from this thread.... Priceless!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
And the entertainment from this thread.... Priceless!
LMAO I should have though of that. Can't believe I didn't even draw the correlation....
Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 PM
cubu

well from the looks of it Mr.A is still trying to dick Skyler, 1000$ is 500 short of the BS restocking fee, the new exhaust is fair, no new intake or coilovers? Skyler is too nice of a guy... I'd go ape **** on B1tch *** A, he'd find the POS VRT exhaust flying through his window and a coilover up his vagina....
Old 04-06-2007, 11:42 PM
ShamrockG
Banned

Originally Posted by cubu
well from the looks of it Mr.A is still trying to dick Skyler, 1000$ is 500 short of the BS restocking fee, the new exhaust is fair, no new intake or coilovers? Skyler is too nice of a guy... I'd go ape **** on B1tch *** A, he'd find the POS VRT exhaust flying through his window and a coilover up his vagina....
AMEN TO THAT !!

+1
Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I am getting a new intake as well. The new Stillen true Dual and a new intake. As for the 1000, it sounded good to me, I guess once again I didn't know what I was getting into, and there is nothing I can do about it now, I agreed to it. Maybe I will get lucky and MrA will give me 1500 instead of 1000 when I meet up with him anyways...We will see. I will let everyone know what happens after I meet up with him.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Navygolf13

Total Cost:
$5510

Okay, so now I am confused here....Rob, you are saying this should have cost $6500? If that is the case, then when VRT puts the Stillen exhaust on and puts the right CAI on, then the $1000 refund would put the total at "about" $5000(from OP firts post). So, this is still a rip off? I am just confused here, cause it seems to me like MrA is doing everything he should to make it right. I do not know why these things happened, but in the end if they are made right that is all that matters!!

So, maybe I am reading something wrong here, but if I am not then the OP is getting a true dual Stillen, his original CAI, and everything else he wanted for less than you say it should cost???? I am not arguing here, I want to make sure I am reading this right. If he gets $1000 back then he paid less than $5000 total, which in the end would include coilovers (parts and labor), CAI installed, true dual Stillen exhaust (parts and labor), sways (parts and labor) and headers installed? Am I right?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Lo$t

the 6500 included Stance GR3 coilover. not used "garden variety"
Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Conservative???? 15 hours????

Conservative would be 10 hours - and likely 8 is a better bet, at a place that specializes in these installs.

I hope the OP didn't pay that much for the header install...that's like a $750 rip off all by itself...
Old 04-07-2007, 09:25 AM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Holy Sh**thats expensive.
Could have gone FI for that and blown away the performance gains from those NA installs....
Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM
G352NV

What a joke. I cant blame OP for not knowing about cars. Thats why he went to a shop that does know. I think the problem here is that VRT also knew that the OP didnt know about cars. That = $$$$$ CHA CHING! I hope the OP gets some cash back but its just a shame that he had to come here to get it.
Im sure glad Navy stopped posting in this thread. Man he always seems to find his way into a VRT thread.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
ShinobiR

Default Come on!!!

The guy got screwd! First off. He had to go to all this trouble to start a post, just to varify he got screwd. And then he has to fight to get what he originally wanted. I think the best point of this thread is the support of Skyler, and that you need to get the customer service you paid for. If not the its time to bring in legalities into play. I'm mean S*it an average customer does not want to get stepped on, let along RUN THE &UCK THROUGH...I really hope that there is a lot of A$$ kissing from VRT to satisfy Skyler's pain in this.

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
Okay, so now I am confused here....Rob, you are saying this should have cost $6500? If that is the case, then when VRT puts the Stillen exhaust on and puts the right CAI on, then the $1000 refund would put the total at "about" $5000(from OP firts post). So, this is still a rip off? I am just confused here, cause it seems to me like MrA is doing everything he should to make it right. I do not know why these things happened, but in the end if they are made right that is all that matters!!

So, maybe I am reading something wrong here, but if I am not then the OP is getting a true dual Stillen, his original CAI, and everything else he wanted for less than you say it should cost???? I am not arguing here, I want to make sure I am reading this right. If he gets $1000 back then he paid less than $5000 total, which in the end would include coilovers (parts and labor), CAI installed, true dual Stillen exhaust (parts and labor), sways (parts and labor) and headers installed? Am I right?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:16 AM
cubu

he still has a used set of coilovers, and 500$ BS fee... after what was found out that was done to Skyler, mr.a is still trying to nickel and dime him?

lets see how the OP was wronged:

1. He was charged 1500$ for a restocking fee on a used product- cheated out of $1500
2. He received a crush bent POS exhaust with a crap muffler y-pipe back(shows the quality of VRT), when he paid for a Stillen t exhaust- cheated out of $800+
3. His intake was 'lost' and got a 100$ popcharger- cheated out of $150+
4. the the coilovers he paid for is USED when he was supposed to get a new one- cheated out of $1000+?
5. OP probably has a sour taste in his mouth about modding and aftermarket thanks to the nice welcome and introduction mr.a gave him

if it was just one thing that happened it would be fine and understandable, but it is clear that mr.A was getting his jollies from sodomizing this victim, UNEXEPTABLE, i bet he steals from little kids too and god knows what else.

with the money aside, what kind of person will do such things? i wonder if he has kids and if he uses this kind of behavior to set an example for them. its quite sad that someone would have to stoop so low to literally steal from someone else who earns their money the honest way. its obvious that mr.a has no remorse about what did cause he's still trying to give Skyler the short end of the stick when he should be bending over backwards.

I, for the life of me can't comprehend
Old 04-07-2007, 10:20 AM
cubu

Originally Posted by ShinobiR
...I really hope that there is a lot of A$$ kissing from VRT to satisfy Skyler's pain in this.
don't see any *** kissing, just reluctant offers to not penetrate so deep
Old 04-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by G352NV
What a joke. I cant blame OP for not knowing about cars. Thats why he went to a shop that does know. I think the problem here is that VRT also knew that the OP didnt know about cars. That = $$$$$ CHA CHING! I hope the OP gets some cash back but its just a shame that he had to come here to get it.
Im sure glad Navy stopped posting in this thread. Man he always seems to find his way into a VRT thread.

Listen, YEAH...I have a VRT motor. YEAH....it works phemonenal for me. Not everyone is going to have a great experience, but at least MrA is working to make it right. I drive my car hard, I put A LOT of time, effort, and energy into LEARNING about my car and the motor. He's just lucky MrA's working to right this and not just walking away from the deal and he loses everything. Just because it works for me, doesn't mean it's gonna work for someone else. Take this as a learning experience...there's no need to bash me because I'm happy with my car and he's not. I've dealt with a few other shops, one in particular, where it took OVER A YEAR AND A HALF to get my money back for "re-stocking" fees and it was MUCH worse than any of you b*tching about this experience with VRT, who's obviously working with him to make it right. Get over it, move on, learn about your car, then come crying about it on the forum.

I do not work for VRT and I think that if someone has a good experience with a shop then he or she needs to stand up and say something when they are getting bashed. Like I have said all along, I think this is something that needs to be dealt with on a business level and not a high school level where people talk and talk about how BAD it is. I dealt with my own issues like I said above, and no I do not think it is ANYONE elses business. We are not the overpriced "police" here....if someone agrees to pay something and then says later that it was not okay, that is ridiculous.....and no dont read too much into that, I am not saying it is okay to overcharge someone. However, if a shop does it and the customer pays and says everything is okay, the transaction is done! But what do you know, you guys all scream and yell and MrA is a good person and he is making the situation right. I think as far as a lot of you are concerened he could give the OP all his money back and you would still B*TCH!

Get over it and if you dont want to go to VRT then dont....I will see you on the track and the road and you can try and keep up!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by cubu
he still has a used set of coilovers, and 500$ BS fee... after what was found out that was done to Skyler, mr.a is still trying to nickel and dime him?

lets see how the OP was wronged:

1. He was charged 1500$ for a restocking fee on a used product- cheated out of $1500
2. He received a crush bent POS exhaust with a crap muffler y-pipe back(shows the quality of VRT), when he paid for a Stillen t exhaust- cheated out of $800+
3. His intake was 'lost' and got a 100$ popcharger- cheated out of $150+
4. the the coilovers he paid for is USED when he was supposed to get a new one- cheated out of $1000+?
5. OP probably has a sour taste in his mouth about modding and aftermarket thanks to the nice welcome and introduction mr.a gave him

if it was just one thing that happened it would be fine and understandable, but it is clear that mr.A was getting his jollies from sodomizing this victim, UNEXEPTABLE, i bet he steals from little kids too and god knows what else.

with the money aside, what kind of person will do such things? i wonder if he has kids and if he uses this kind of behavior to set an example for them. its quite sad that someone would have to stoop so low to literally steal from someone else who earns their money the honest way. its obvious that mr.a has no remorse about what did cause he's still trying to give Skyler the short end of the stick when he should be bending over backwards.

I, for the life of me can't comprehend
You know everything aside....I dont care who you are or who you think you know....you have NO right to talk about ANYONE this way. I am glad to know that you are this type of person, because I for one would never want to spend ANY amount of time with you or anyone who shares this opinion!!! I cant believe you would take this thread about a business deal, that MrA is working out to this level. There is no excuse and you should be BANNED for saying these types of things!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM
cubu

damn right i would still b!tch, i understand that you have good experiences with VRT but it doesn't make what he did ok, can you explain and justify why every thing happened the way it did?

you saying that all the forum members that got ever ripped should just live with it cause they payed the money? some mentality you got there

and resolving it on a business level? this business deal was done on a crackhead hooker and pimp level

i sincerely don't mean to be rude, but i hope mr.a hooks you up fat one of these days and we'll see how much you like his **** on your nose then

Quick Reply: work done by VRT