Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Injen SES Dual Exhaust: Resonated Test Pipes or Regular TP's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:04 PM
H-I Los

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this might be a bit off subject, but I installed some resonated test pipes I got from Intense Power. I still have my stock cat back exhaust.

And it sounds pretty good imho. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the car and the exhaust note, from Nissan car nuts and the general public.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 AM
USF350z

The newer version of the SES has an H-pipe already on it, to help reduce that drone/rasp. Are the exhausts you guys have are the original ones without h-pipes?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:43 AM
JOEGYVER

I installed my non resonated TP from AAM and the TurboXS exhaust last week. I experienced A LOT of rasp and vibration. Re-torqued and upgraded my hardware, checked for possible interferences, added isolated bracing to the testpipes and incorporated the dampeners from the OEM exhaust to my Y-pipe and then finally gave up. I ended up reinstalling the factory cats and now the TXS sounds great. No rasp, very slightly louder at part throttle, idle is same as stock, and WOT sounds wonderful. I am not sure what I will do with my test pipes now, maybe try to add resonators and larger dampeners to try out in the future.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by 350z00m
i had test pipes on my injen......"what???!! i cant hear you... u have to say it louder..!!!!"... any questions?....i didnt mind the rasp at all when i was WOT.. sounded awsome..

Not like you drive everywhere from point a to point b at WOT. Most of the time it sounds like a civic with a cheap exhaust.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM
chaparro78

Originally Posted by JOEGYVER
I installed my non resonated TP from AAM and the TurboXS exhaust last week. I experienced A LOT of rasp and vibration. Re-torqued and upgraded my hardware, checked for possible interferences, added isolated bracing to the testpipes and incorporated the dampeners from the OEM exhaust to my Y-pipe and then finally gave up. I ended up reinstalling the factory cats and now the TXS sounds great. No rasp, very slightly louder at part throttle, idle is same as stock, and WOT sounds wonderful. I am not sure what I will do with my test pipes now, maybe try to add resonators and larger dampeners to try out in the future.

I know how you feel, I get rid of my test pipes, and i had resonators on them to cut the sound down, still didn't like it. Sounds good when going 100+mph at WOT, but usually listenning to my stereo system anyway