Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Engine turning off after intake install!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 PM
_ink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pmohr@Altered
Actually, the RPMs drop to nothing as an effect of the engine stalling, not a cause.

You said you returned it to stock and it didn't die at all?
What would cause the engine to be automatically stalling only when rolling in neutral above the speeds i mentioned?

Yes i returned it to stock to see if it was a part that was damaged, however all was fine and it worked without an issue.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 PM
pmohr

Originally Posted by _ink
What would cause the engine to be automatically stalling only when rolling in neutral above the speeds i mentioned?

Yes i returned it to stock to see if it was a part that was damaged, however all was fine and it worked without an issue.
Well that would seem to point the blame on the intake, wouldn't it? Or a bad install.

How do you have the MAF positioned? I know on the VQ30s MAF positioning actually will make a difference, but I'm not sure about VQ35.

Do you have access to an OBD-II scanner?
Old 08-17-2008, 06:21 PM
_ink

Im actually thinking throttle body positioning as it seems that the butterfly valve is either remaining closed or not positioned well enough for the extra air that is coming in from the intake.

I've failed with the attempted ecu and tb reset, so i'm going to take it into the dealer to get it done.

There's no CEL that appears, it just comes on with the other lights as the engine stalls itself, just like when you switch your key to on, but not start.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:31 PM
bodhicitta7

I also had a similar problem after installing the Mishimoto intake. Immediately after install, the car would stammer and cough at low RPMs. To fix it, I reset the CEL light using an OBD diagnostics unit and also checked the connections on the MAF sensor. I think it was probably the MAF connection that was causing the problem as it ran fine after both of those fixes. You might also check the PCV hose connection on the underside of the intake tube to make sure it's properly connected and sealed. Hope that helps you. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 PM
_ink

Thanks man!

Everythings been checked and i even took it into the dealer to get the throttle reset and relearned and the ECU reset.

It runs fine and is only occurring when i roll in neutral when travelling faster than 50km/h.

So i dont know why its happening, but i've just changed my driving habit to accomodate.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Big Tav

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Well, the correct procedure/remedy for the pop charger "problems" for the DE engines was to reset the ECU the proper way (by using ignition and accelerator pedal) so that the ECU could learn from scratch and adjust as necessary. Or, you could've waited for the ECU to learn slowly the different and increased air consumption. You can find the correct procedures (again, for DE) here or on Technosquare's website.

Also, note that the brake pedal method doesn't do anything, except waste time, reset your radio settings, odometer, etc - just useless.
I just read this post and went to this site http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

I am about to replace the exhaust and add a Plenum spacer and a Popcharger. Which of the 3 resets do I need to do? Just the first on the list or all 3?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Tav
I just read this post and went to this site http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm

I am about to replace the exhaust and add a Plenum spacer and a Popcharger. Which of the 3 resets do I need to do? Just the first on the list or all 3?
There's actually 4 on that website. All you need to do is reset your ECU and that's it.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:51 AM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

did you ever get this resolved. i was about to install mine today but now i'm thinking twice about it. hmm, let me know, thanks.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:11 PM
xthejokerx

Does this only happen with popchargers, or will CAIs like Injens do this as well?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:53 PM
ntwillie1

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Well i just installed my mishimoto and i'm glad to report no issues. the instructions were not very good at all but i did figure it out and took the car for a 20 minute drive and everything worked out well. The unit looks cherry.