Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Stillen Headers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Nissan Supplied the Car

Originally posted by 2FST4U

Victor (Mike Wazowski) - we don't have a set of Nismo Headers to run on the dyno. It is a good idea though.

Hey, I have been sitting on a set of Nismo headers that came of off BJ's car. I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get them installed, ever. Rather than collecting more dust in my garage, you can use them to run on the dyno. Only thing you will notice is that I debured and polished the collector inlets and that the ports are polished. PM me and I'll box them up. All that I ask is that you return them to me in a timely manner.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:19 AM
daytona350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a set of headers installed. but i didnt do a dyno at stillen, but i have a baseline at my shop. if you want i can make a run to stillen and dyno there, if someone would provide the $$ for dyno

i am gonna get em dynoed anyways sometime this weeks at my shop i did my base run at.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:38 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by StrictlyZ
HFM,

Any chance your going to swing by Nor Cal anytime soon? I'm curious to do a dyno test as well, just we're up here in nor cal.
If you want to take up the bet, I'm sure John350z or Failsafe would fairly represent my interests. Actually, having met you, I probably wouldn't have a problem if you just report the results...unless StrictlyZ happens to be selling the product.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:44 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nissan Supplied the Car

Victor (Mike Wazowski) - we don't have a set of Nismo Headers to run on the dyno. It is a good idea though.
No, I meant just a picture comparing the 2 physically.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:52 AM
hfm

Originally posted by VandyZ
Lets get some facts straight. I saw approx 12 hp more at peak with just my headers and cats addition (yes I have other mods but this was the only change between dyno runs). And Crawford cats are hi-flow cats and not test pipes. Test pipes have the greatest flow, hi-flow cats have better flow....

My hats off to Stillen for showing the entire graph and how they exactly got their numbers! Now someone buy these things and see if you can pry the $100 from HFM’s hands . . . sorry buddy you left yourself open for that one! StrictlyZ, was that a challenge to HFM? It kind of sounded like one. :P
Vandy, I would agree that headers + highflow cats could give 12 hp. Headers alone? I don't believe it, as my bet obviously shows.

If someone wants to pry the $100 from my hands, the offer is still open. But, don't forget, if 11 hp don't show up, I'll be the one doing the prying.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Xeinth

Originally posted by VandyZ
Lets get some facts straight. I saw approx 12 hp more at peak with just my headers and cats addition (yes I have other mods but this was the only change between dyno runs). And Crawford cats are hi-flow cats and not test pipes. Test pipes have the greatest flow, hi-flow cats have better flow.
Sorry about the misinfo. I actually went back to look at your dyno charts, but I had a hard time finding the largest gain, so I went lazy with peak numbers. Actually, looking at the two graphs, they are very similar, my only point was that Crawfords were also with their cats.

X
Old 12-30-2003, 09:16 AM
StrictlyZ

X [/B][/QUOTE]
My hats off to Stillen for showing the entire graph and how they exactly got their numbers! Now someone buy these things and see if you can pry the $100 from HFM’s hands . . . sorry buddy you left yourself open for that one! StrictlyZ, was that a challenge to HFM? It kind of sounded like one. :P
If you want to take up the bet, I'm sure John350z or Failsafe would fairly represent my interests. Actually, having met you, I probably wouldn't have a problem if you just report the results...unless StrictlyZ happens to be selling the product.
Heh I just want to clear something up. I myself am curious. I think we would get pretty close results to what Stillen has gotten with their testing.

Along with www.stagemotorsports.com I'm sure we could crank it out in a day no problem. Also we would like to test it, as we are a distributor of Stillen. And if they gains are good then I wouldn't mind carrying the product.

Hfm do you mean having John or failsafe there watching right? Reason I ask is because I would like to do the same test with a stock car. Failsafe is pretty well modified, and I know John350Z has a fujitsubo exhaust (and maybe more mods I don't know,but we have plenty of stock exhausts at the shop). This is all in good fun as I'm curious myself as I'm sure everyone else is, we don't even have to bet.

If this does go through, anyone in San Jose that plans to install a set of headers, have a bone stock car that is Manual 350Z? HFM would you mind a manual G35 Coupe either?

Last edited by StrictlyZ; 12-30-2003 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:31 AM
hfm

Since you are a distributor, yes, I would want either John or Jason there to watch, as long as they are agreeable. And, yes, it would need to be a customer's stock Z at an independent dynojet location, preferrably, not the one StrictlyZ normally goes to but one selected by John or Jason. I trust they understand that it would be a two run baseline followed by the install (about 4-5 hours) followed by two runs. If either don't have that much time to kill, maybe you could do this down in So. Cal.

Beer and pizza eh? Keep talking like that and I'll be rooting for you guys to win.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:38 AM
failsafe
....for your health

I'm considering swapping out the Borla's on my car and installing these. I, however, will not put up $100. I'd be doing this more out of curiosity like I did with the Borla headers.

Regarding Stillen's dyno- yes it does spit out some high numbers. I was at Stillen day about 6 months ago and my car dynoed 253 rwhp while the two dyno jets I use here in the bay area gave numbers of 240-244 rwhp. I also saw 2-3 stock Zs pull 250+ dyno's. Regardless of the fact that the Stillen dyno runs a bit higher- gains are still gains and this is what we should all be concentrating on. We've all seen wacky dyno numbers in this forum and it's been discussed countless times: A dyno should be used as a tool to monitoring gains and not single point of data to report who has highest horsepower in the country.

Everyone asks for dyno's- Stillen posts them and then everyone yells BS- no wonder everyone is hesitant to post there dyno's here. Will the headers gains the hp claimed? We'll know shortly, until then maybe we should wait to raise the BS flag. If you're still skeptical about the gains, don't worry I'll go first

Last edited by failsafe; 12-30-2003 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by hfm
But, don't forget, if 11 hp don't show up, I'll be the one doing the prying.
Of course!
Old 12-30-2003, 09:55 AM
hfm

Oh geeze, you're with StrictlyZ too? Sorry but for this to be observed independently, I guess we'll need John350z.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:00 AM
failsafe
....for your health

We should be able to get one of the guys up here to install them on his car (preferably stock). My car would not be a good independent judge anyway since I'm not stock. I'd still like to see what kind of gains I can see on my car.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:09 AM
hfm

Originally posted by failsafe
We should be able to get one of the guys up here to install them on his car (preferably stock). My car would not be a good independent judge anyway since I'm not stock. I'd still like to see what kind of gains I can see on my car.
As long as the car is stock, is dynoed at an independent dynojet place (preferrably one suggested by John), John is okay with watching and Yuichi is willing to cough up the dough if he loses, we're in business. If I lose, I will paypal Yuichi the dough upon confirmation of 11 hp gain by posting of the dyno.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
2FST4U

Default Multiple Baseline Runs - HP

There was some question previously about having possible multiple dyno runs on record that show different baselines. Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Headers!!!-350z-header-mbaseline-hp.jpg  
Old 12-30-2003, 01:27 PM
2FST4U

Default Multiple Baseline Torque Dyno Chart...

And here is the Torque Dyno Graph:
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Headers!!!-355a43-1.jpg  
Old 12-30-2003, 01:45 PM
hfm

Originally posted by StrictlyZ
X
This is all in good fun as I'm curious myself as I'm sure everyone else is, we don't even have to bet.

HFM would you mind a manual G35 Coupe either? [/B]
Ah, I needed to read your post carefully. Sure, we don't have to bet, it's all good. And, a G35 would be fine too as proof.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
hfm

Default Re: Multiple Baseline Runs - HP

There was some question previously about having possible multiple dyno runs on record that show different baselines. Here they are:
Well, I must admit, you're very good about posting dynos. Frankly, I hope you get independent support for your dynos seeing how well you've been taking the criticism.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:05 PM
2FST4U

Default Re: Re: Multiple Baseline Runs - HP

Originally posted by hfm
Well, I must admit, you're very good about posting dynos. Frankly, I hope you get independent support for your dynos seeing how well you've been taking the criticism.
No worries. Thanks for the compliment, HFM.

UPDATE********The First Run of Production Headers is OFFICIALLY SHIPPING TODAY! (1 day early).

Cheers!
Old 12-30-2003, 02:18 PM
Xeinth

Wow, Im really impressed that you used to middle-result baseline and final runs for the 'stated' gains. You guys deserve bigtime props when we get 'independen't verification.

Final question I think, was what kind of dyno.

Thanks,
X
Old 12-30-2003, 02:22 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

2FST4U, could you please post the A/F #'s? If your headers provide this much HP increase, it must alter the A/F ratio. I.E., will an altered ECU be required? If so, is Stillen working on one? Maybe I'm the only one worried about melting my engine.......

BTW.....they sure look GREAT!

Quick Reply: Stillen Headers!!!