Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

'03 Exhaust to '12 Nismo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
xmartyx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Exhaust to '12 Nismo Exhaust

Is it even possible? Waiting to hear what my mechanic says on Wednesday, but I already know the back end of my exhaust is rotted right through. Might be able to get a '12 Nismo for a good price, just need to know if it would even be able to fit? If so, would it need extensive modification? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean a Nismo exhaust from a 2012 370z? If so it's very likely that you will have to modify the exhaust to fit
Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM
xmartyx

Yea. I know it wouldn't bolt right up, but didn't know if it would need a ton of work or would be simple.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

The 370 has dual midpipes, so the muffler has two in-pipes on its leading edge. Not even close to fitting on the 350 single midpipe which goes into the left side of the muffler. Still sound like a good idea?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
secwind

Why would you want to? It will be cheaper to buy a used nismo exhaust.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM
xmartyx

Just weighing my semi local options. Very unexpected repair so I wanted to see what I could do for the cheapest since I have to dish out money for wheels soon.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Landon_G03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by secwind
Why would you want to? It will be cheaper to buy a used nismo exhaust.
Show me a link to a used nismo exhaust..

Well, a used s tune that is.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:15 PM
RENFRO

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by xmartyx
Just weighing my semi local options. Very unexpected repair so I wanted to see what I could do for the cheapest since I have to dish out money for wheels soon.

Thanks for the info.
Oh, you "have" to dish out money for wheels? Are those rotting too? How about you just hunt for a used exhaust in the marketplace that's designed to fit your car. It'll proabably end up costing about the same as all the effort to get an OEM 370 exhaust to fit.

Do the exhaust properly. Wheels can wait.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 AM
xmartyx

Originally Posted by RENFRO
Oh, you "have" to dish out money for wheels? Are those rotting too? How about you just hunt for a used exhaust in the marketplace that's designed to fit your car. It'll proabably end up costing about the same as all the effort to get an OEM 370 exhaust to fit. Do the exhaust properly. Wheels can wait.
No, I don't "have" to, but considering my tired are cracking to hell and are pretty much bald, I figured it only made financial sense to buy everything now, than to buy new tires now and then turn around in a month to buy new wheels.
And the reason for my post was because I did search for a used exhaust, thank you very much. The ones I found were stock, and a 370 nismo. I'd rather have a nismo, hence me asking if it was possible to make it fit.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:58 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Depends on how bad your current exhaust is. Here is my opinion:

1. If you can't wait at all to replace the exhaust and cannot find another used aftermarket exhaust, just get a stock 350Z exhaust. They are very cheap and down the road you could upgrade.

2. If you can wait a little bit, I would just continue to search the forum and other websites such as craigslist and wait for something good to pop up.

The fortunate thing about the Z is that it was in production for so many years, they are not in limited numbers, and a huge performance market exists, so I don't think you will have to wait for long before something catches your eye!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
xmartyx

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
Depends on how bad your current exhaust is. Here is my opinion: 1. If you can't wait at all to replace the exhaust and cannot find another used aftermarket exhaust, just get a stock 350Z exhaust. They are very cheap and down the road you could upgrade. 2. If you can wait a little bit, I would just continue to search the forum and other websites such as craigslist and wait for something good to pop up. The fortunate thing about the Z is that it was in production for so many years, they are not in limited numbers, and a huge performance market exists, so I don't think you will have to wait for long before something catches your eye!
Thanks for the input. My mechanic is basically making my midsection and muffler one for the time being. Cheaper fix and it will give me a chance to save for a better exhaust.