Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Trouble with NWP throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Dillon Vang

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trouble with NWP throttle body

Just got the new NWP throttle body in today and installed. Worked fine going to work but the idle was a little higher and throttle response was slightly off. On the way home service light came on. Got home fine and did the relearn process but idle still stays high and funny throttle issues. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong??? Shortly after I took it just for a test drive and now the service light flashes which usually indicates misfire....curious if anyone had this much trouble with their NWP throttle bodys???
Old 04-21-2017, 04:19 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

did you get the code scanned?
Old 04-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Dillon Vang

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No but doing it manually with the check engine light flashing it indicates P0507. Looked it up and it says Idle Speed Control System. So i did the whole relearn with the accelator pedal, closed throttle postion, and idle relearn but it's still there...got me scratching my head. I'm sure i tightened everything down but gonna give it another look just to make sure and check back. Would my tune make a difference? Would i need to swap to stock map because it mentions about the process needing to be in correct timing and etc.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:57 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Install stock again, it's a simple 20 minute swap. See what happens .

Kinda thinking you got a defective TB
Old 04-24-2017, 05:12 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

The NWP is a 75mm TB, stock is barely 70mm. Its a bigger opening, so my guess is when your new TB is open at the same angle it would be with the stock one, that more air would be entering your engine and perhaps maybe giving you the high idle. I have a 350EVO TB which is a very old part that is now discontinued which is 72mm and I had the same issue swapping out the stock TB until I retuned the car myself. Just my guess.