Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Im looking for a y pipe for my HR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:03 PM
xXShadowGraveXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im looking for a y pipe for my HR

So im still on the search for a great y pipe for my car. Im already planning to buy an injen cold air intake just want something that will sound good and will give it that bit of power. I also decided im going to switch back and forth between smog time on the pipe so what would be great for my HR that without that fart can sound and has that deep roar of a vq under 300
Old 04-30-2017, 06:04 PM
xXShadowGraveXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After scouring the forum im not going with megan after people complaining of cracking. And i have an 07
Old 04-30-2017, 06:16 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

The stock HR Y-pipe is pretty good as it is, especially if you're not hanging the rest of the exhaust. And, so are the stock HR airboxes, and their paper filters are MUCH better at keeping grit and other crap out of your engine. If you're just looking for a different sound, or look, go for it, but performance you can feel, not going to happen.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:14 AM
AKS14

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I ran an ISR on my G37 coupe and it worked out well, bolted up no problem and made the car slightly louder with my stock exhaust.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Goodolejim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say motordyne XYZ pipe, I don't have it yet but have heard / seen nothing but good things about it on the hr. Brand new it's like 400$ so you might be able to find a slightly used one for your price range. Other than that I'd keep the stock y pipe
Old 06-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I say if just replacing one exhaust piece on your car than resonated or catted test pipes are the best HP/TQ gains instead of a aftermarket Y pipe only. If you want sound than a axle back is your best bet Imo. If you are going to slowly piece out a exhaust system than the Y pipe and mid pipe would be the last thing I would touch. If you decide to sell your HR Y Pipe I will be it asap so please pm me if you do. Great design and hard to beat from a cash to power ratio. I really advise not to go with a CAI. If anything run a fresh air tube from the front grille area into your opening. You won't be able to beat your HR air box and tube setup.