Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Looking for a Nismo S Tune Mid pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 05:27 AM
Ramsey Cornelio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Nismo S Tune Mid pipe

Hello,

Anyone know where to get just the mid pipe for a nismo s tune (2003 350z)?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:38 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Considering the mid pipe and muffler section are different from the oem exhaust in terms of fitment, I think it will be very tough to find a midpipe for the s-tune by itself. At best you will probably have to purchase both the midpipe and muffler
The following users liked this post:
travlee (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 06:15 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

agree, not many (if any) would be willing to split it up
Old 05-24-2017, 06:15 AM
Ramsey Cornelio

Yeah that's what i'm thinking as well, just kind of hoping i get lucky! I have the s tune muffler and considering a fabrication but i would rather not.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:33 AM
Ramsey Cornelio

Yeah makes total sense.

Sorry if this is a stupid question (not too experienced in this area). Anyone have any experience with a fabricated mid pipe with stock resonator? Will I still retain the sound of the s tune or is it not even worth it?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:40 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramsey Cornelio
Yeah that's what i'm thinking as well, just kind of hoping i get lucky! I have the s tune muffler and considering a fabrication but i would rather not.
Any power gains from the S-Tune are from the Y-pipe and mid-pipe. FWIW, the rear muffler was "acoustically designed" to mimic the tone of the stock system at about half an octave lower. (And the stock system was tuned to mimic the original S30).

So, a fabricated system consisting of a large diameter free flow Y-pipe, a large diameter mid-pipe with a resonator (like a Vibrant), all flowing into the exit muffler would be your best bet.

Or, check with vendors who sell the Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust to see if "replacement" mid-pipes are available. It's an almost exact replica of the Weldina-source Nismo S-Tune.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:06 AM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Any power gains from the S-Tune are from the Y-pipe and mid-pipe. FWIW, the rear muffler was "acoustically designed" to mimic the tone of the stock system at about half an octave lower. (And the stock system was tuned to mimic the original S30).

So, a fabricated system consisting of a large diameter free flow Y-pipe, a large diameter mid-pipe with a resonator (like a Vibrant), all flowing into the exit muffler would be your best bet.

Or, check with vendors who sell the Fujitsubo Legalis-R exhaust to see if "replacement" mid-pipes are available. It's an almost exact replica of the Weldina-source Nismo S-Tune.

Fwiw my stune muffler with 3 inch mid and vibrant res sounded nothing like the S tune. I finally found a full s tune system and sold my custom setup and there was a big difference in sound.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:59 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Initially, i only had the S-Tune rear muffler, bought for $225 from a CL seller. I fabricted a short SS adapter to mate the muffler with the OEM HR mid-pipe:

Maybe a year or so later, a local Dugan wrecked his Z and I was able to snag the S-Tune Mid- and Y-pipes, so I bolted them on my car ASAP. Honestly, the difference in sound and performance, were pretty tough to hear or feel. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
Initially, i only had the S-Tune rear muffler, bought for $225 from a CL seller. I fabricted a short SS adapter to mate the muffler with the OEM HR mid-pipe:

Maybe a year or so later, a local Dugan wrecked his Z and I was able to snag the S-Tune Mid- and Y-pipes, so I bolted them on my car ASAP. Honestly, the difference in sound and performance, were pretty tough to hear or feel. Just my $0.02.
Perfect spot to put a cutout