Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Pairing Tanabe Medallion touring with a forced induction system

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:07 PM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pairing Tanabe Medallion touring with a forced induction system

I am looking to change up my exhaust system back to a one piece muffler w/dual tips.The Tanabe Medallion has really caught my attention ever since I saw/heard one locally.I really like the way the dual tip mufflers look on the Z.
Now my big concern is will it be too restrictive for my Z being that it is supercharged.My current exhaust system is:Nismo R tune headers,Motordyne Art pipes,Top speed Y pipe and an Rs-r GT2. It sounds fantastic for the most part.Both the Rsr and the Tanabe have 70mm piping iirc but will the muffler be too restrictive/become a bottleneck?
The only other system I've been considering is the DC sports dual exhaust.But from some of the reviews I've read say that the tips come crooked and need straightening.Im also worried about getting more rasp with th DC exhaust too.
As it is right now I only get a bit of rasp from 2500-3500rpm give or take.Ive tried to do as much searching as I can for boosted guys using the Tanabe but I haven't been able to find anyone using one that isn't NA.
I appreciate any advice and input.
Thanks

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 02-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 AM
drozzy

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Some guys seemed to have ran quite a bit of boost with the Medallion... did you ask the FI sub-forum?

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-with-tn.html

I applaud you Sir for passing Ontario emissions with SC, Osiris and test pipes. Found your etest thread and wouldn't mind writing down which monitors they were (I have Osiris and need to pass before August). I honestly thought the cats were part of the visual inspection, my shop told me go HFC or switch back to cats every time you need an etest.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:40 AM
NissanZcrazy

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drozzy
Some guys seemed to have ran quite a bit of boost with the Medallion... did you ask the FI sub-forum?

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-with-tn.html

I applaud you Sir for passing Ontario emissions with SC, Osiris and test pipes. Found your etest thread and wouldn't mind writing down which monitors they were (I have Osiris and need to pass before August). I honestly thought the cats were part of the visual inspection, my shop told me go HFC or switch back to cats every time you need an etest.
Thanks for that

So my tuner turned my cat monitor off for some reason and disabled the P0420 code.Once he enabled the monitor and P0420 it passed no problem.BTW Art pipes have built in O2 defoulers so you don't get an ses light for cat efficiency.
You are correct that having cats is part of the visual inspection. I DO .

Last edited by NissanZcrazy; 02-12-2018 at 08:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drozzy (02-12-2018)