Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Trying to Complete My Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Zhu Tou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Complete My Exhaust System

I searched this topic; I swear!

I have the NISMO Type S system (minus the Y-pipe) on my '05 Roadster.

While waiting for Motordyne's 5/16 spacer (on order), I want to complete the exhaust system with a Y-pipe and headers. I would love to keep it all NISMO, but I wonder if you guys and gals can advise on what non-NISMO parts will fit, as NISMO = $$$. Is fitment of different brands to what I already have even an issue or am I wasting my energy worrying about nothing?

On a side note, can anyone recommend a reputable place at which I can get some ECU tuning in the Vancouver, BC area?

Much love.

Last edited by Zhu Tou; 07-25-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:00 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

In my opinion, don't change the headers. So much work for not huge gains. I went AAM test pipes with Motordyne XYZ with resonator connected to my S-Tune and I couldn't be happier. Get compliments all the time.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Zhu Tou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ Ugh, yes, I've heard the headers are an absolute pain to install. After some perusing on YouTube, I just may forego the headers; I'll give it a bit more thought first.

Also, do you guys know if NISMO's cold air intake is basically a short ram intake with an extension? Can just be used as just an SRI?
Old 07-25-2018, 05:12 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhu Tou
^^^ Ugh, yes, I've heard the headers are an absolute pain to install. After some perusing on YouTube, I just may forego the headers; I'll give it a bit more thought first.

Also, do you guys know if NISMO's cold air intake is basically a short ram intake with an extension? Can just be used as just an SRI?
I would just stay with the stock intake if that is what you have. Intakes don't really do anything for the Z except for noise. If I was going aftermarket, I would probably go Z1 or JWT if I was on a budget.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Freise

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a nismo Cai and I would still recommend the jwt. You could use the nismo intake as a short ram, but I guarantee you will lose efficiency/power vs stock, the filter will not be sealed off from the engine bay like the stock intake is.