Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New Motordyne ART pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 04:14 PM
VQplatform

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Motordyne ART pipes

Hello community I was wondering if anyone has gotten the new Motordyne ART pipes with the HFC built in? Wondering what these sound like, thanks!
Old 03-18-2023, 04:24 PM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,112 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by VQplatform
Hello community I was wondering if anyone has gotten the new Motordyne ART pipes with the HFC built in? Wondering what these sound like, thanks!
I wasn't aware they made ART pipes with an HFC. You got a link?

I know they have some HFCs and some downpipes for the VQ37HR with an HFC, but those aren't ART pipes since they don't have the Helmholtz resonators.
Old 03-18-2023, 04:59 PM
VQplatform

Yes the new option is seperate from those, I don’t have a link because they haven’t updated their website but both sales and Tony have mentioned that this option is available!
Old 03-19-2023, 03:18 PM
Heel Til I Die

Originally Posted by VQplatform
Yes the new option is seperate from those, I don’t have a link because they haven’t updated their website but both sales and Tony have mentioned that this option is available!
If they're that new, I'd be surprised if anyone on here has gotten a set yet. Any idea how much? $900 like the other ones?
Old 03-19-2023, 04:32 PM
VQplatform

That’s true I just know there’s one person I know who is on the waitlist so I figured I’d ask lol. I believe they are closer to $1200 but these are deeper in the higher RPMs where the regular ART pipes get higher pitched and it helps the very low end torque as well with a minor trade off up top. I believe they are in between stock cats and ART pipes in terms of loudness

Last edited by VQplatform; 03-19-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:03 AM
Heel Til I Die

Gotcha. I do love me some Motordyne, but that's pretty steep for what are essentially some HFC's. Post up a video if you end up getting them!
Old 09-17-2023, 10:10 AM
VQplatform

Motordyne just posted their new ART CATS on their website!
Old 06-18-2024, 07:50 AM
WRX1986

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stumbled up on this thread and figured I'd let you all know I have a set being delivered today. I wont get around installing them until 4th of July weekend, but can report back. I'm actually swapping from catless ART pipes to these catted ART pipes to be a bit more eco-friendly and quiet it down a smidge. In my recent searching for sound clips of them, I've only found one other instance of someone installing these (on Reddit) so I'll see what I can get for you all, if you're still interested.

Oh, and there will be a set of catless ART pipes for sale too - also in case you're interested
The following users liked this post:
VQplatform (06-18-2024)
Old 06-18-2024, 10:26 AM
VQplatform

Oh nice! Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like. What other bolt-ons are you running? Also is there a link to the sound clip on Reddit?
Old 06-18-2024, 11:46 AM
WRX1986

It’s not much, just a quick snippet of a cold start, but this is what I found. It sounds quieter than mine at startup, which I also have the Shockwave TDX2, but really hard to confidently say so. I’m more interested in quieting it down at higher RPMs, so here’s to hoping.

https://www.reddit.com/r/350z/commen...x2_catback_vs/
Old 06-18-2024, 11:48 AM
VQplatform

I was told by Tony that it should quiet the exhaust more so in the higher RPMs. Somewhere between oem cars and art pipes.
Old 06-18-2024, 12:20 PM
WRX1986

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, so hope it’s really the case. I wonder if true ART pipes will cease production eventually? Seems fewer and fewer resellers are carrying test pipes anymore due to EPA crackdowns.

Did I mention my used ART Catless will be for sale later this Summer 😉
Old 06-18-2024, 03:52 PM
VQplatform

You should definitely post a before and after!!
Old 06-25-2024, 03:23 PM
VQplatform

Forgot to ask what year is your Z?
Old 06-30-2024, 05:24 PM
WRX1986

It’s a 2007 and also has DC Sports shorty headers - figured worth calling that out for future sound clips.

Hoping to install this upcoming week, so stay tuned.

Did I mention the Catless ART pipes will be for sale?!?!
Old 07-03-2024, 06:04 PM
WRX1986

They’re installed! I’ll work on getting sound clips, but it’s supposed to rain here for the next few days. In the meantime I was thinking about the best way to describe the sound change. Here’s what I’ve got…

2007 350z w/ DC Shorty Headers and Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave. I swapped out Motordyne ART test pipes for ART cats.

At startup and idle, not a whole lot different - maybe a little more muted. At 3k+ rpm is the big difference. ART test pipes would SCREAM, like a sort of shrieking. The ART cats have a deeper growl. Think like how blasting through a tunnel sounds - the resonance, reverberation, etc. - that’s what these ART cats sound like while normal driving. Also, I was happy that these ART cats kept some of the burble and pops on deceleration; not as much as the test pipes, but enough.

Fit and finish is as expected from Motordyne; wonderful! And the cats used appear to be Magnaflows - so quality addition to their product.

Let me know what questions you guys have. I was worried I was making a dumb move making such a slight change, but this setup is exactly what I’ve been looking for!
The following users liked this post:
VQplatform (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 04:45 AM
VQplatform

Originally Posted by WRX1986
They’re installed! I’ll work on getting sound clips, but it’s supposed to rain here for the next few days. In the meantime I was thinking about the best way to describe the sound change. Here’s what I’ve got…

2007 350z w/ DC Shorty Headers and Motordyne TDX2 Shockwave. I swapped out Motordyne ART test pipes for ART cats.

At startup and idle, not a whole lot different - maybe a little more muted. At 3k+ rpm is the big difference. ART test pipes would SCREAM, like a sort of shrieking. The ART cats have a deeper growl. Think like how blasting through a tunnel sounds - the resonance, reverberation, etc. - that’s what these ART cats sound like while normal driving. Also, I was happy that these ART cats kept some of the burble and pops on deceleration; not as much as the test pipes, but enough.

Fit and finish is as expected from Motordyne; wonderful! And the cats used appear to be Magnaflows - so quality addition to their product.

Let me know what questions you guys have. I was worried I was making a dumb move making such a slight change, but this setup is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Sounds like exactly what I’m looking for, the user on Reddit posted more sound clips as well. I will definitely be going with this setup when the time comes. Glad to see there is more info on these new pipes. How was the difference in power for you?
Old 07-09-2024, 04:59 AM
WRX1986

Honestly not sure on power. I’m getting retuned on Thursday - partially due to the addition of cats (may not be 100% necessary) but also to get an in-person tune vs remote now that shops aren’t terrified to deal with my car like they were before with it being catless.

Because of all of the above, I just really haven’t been beating on it. Realistically, everything I read said 1-2hp…..so nothing that would be noticeable.