Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

OFFICIAL Kinetix post, plenum issues, discussion etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:29 PM
NOZ4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Chris...
Old 07-17-2004, 03:48 AM
mgtibbetts

Originally posted by lsdunique

We are definately working on the phone problem. We think we will get better at it now that we are almost caught up, and are spending less time strictly in the shop. The reason I always post my personaly email address, and even on the website is because I can access it at all times. So you must believe me when I say that it is never our intentions to "dodge" communication, otherwise I wouldnt be posting my personal email address and answering it even in the middle of the night sometimes. I have had a couple customers email me past midnight, and were surprised to see a response within an hour as opposed to the next day.

As a small company, email was simply an easier way to communicate, but I also understand it is not everyones preferred method, and we are trying to improve.
Um, I emailed you at jamisonl@msn.com on 7/9/04 regarding the inflation (flexing) of the V4 and still have not recieved an email back yet.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:59 AM
mgtibbetts

Originally posted by NOZ4U
I saw this spot right above the STB and it was there before the plenum was even installed so I don't think it was a crack from stress. It looked more like an imperfection from the molding and it looks more raised than cracked.
I have the exact same thing on mine too. It does look more like an imperfection. Doesn't seem to be leaking.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:20 AM
toykilla

I am a potential plenum customer and I have used your cat-pipes in the past. I plan on ordering the resonated cats soon. I do think that the plastic plenum cracking is turning people away, but I also like that you are taking steps towards fixing the problems.

I will need a FI plenum, so i will wait and see what you come up with. Keep the parts coming!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:18 PM
350ed
Professional

My V3 cracked and I noticed today. Car was acting a little weird and just decided to check. It's in the usual spot under the top front bolt. It made it through a track day and under two months of driving
I sent you an email so lets work it out.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:19 PM
jun14scr

i was jw. but is the plenum as loud outside the car as it is inside the car? or does it sound like stock from the outside and just resonates inside?
Old 07-17-2004, 05:55 PM
fluffydot

LSDUNIQUE,

Will kinetix warranty v4 plenums that are sold from one forum member to another?

There are a number of people who are selling their brand new v4 plenums for various reasons.

If we have the original order # and info, etc.
will we be able get future replacements if this one cracks?
The v4 does look alot better than previous versions, and of course I am hoping it will last. but it's good to know what to expect from you guys.

Keep up the good work! I have faith in Kinetix, just as long as they keep replacing cracked plenums
Old 07-19-2004, 06:14 AM
bwzabodyn

My G-tech runs, on average, decreased by about 0.15 to 0.18 in the quarter, with my 0-60 run going down by about a tenth...

my previous best w/ G-tech - 14.036 @ 101.4 w/ 2.256 60'
new best w/ plenum - 13.883 @ 102.2 w/ 2.232 60'

new 0-60 time - 5.65 sec

not bad for a 5AT G35 coupe... can't wait to get it on the track and see how I can do there....
Old 07-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Static

Originally posted by fluffydot
LSDUNIQUE,

Will kinetix warranty v4 plenums that are sold from one forum member to another?

There are a number of people who are selling their brand new v4 plenums for various reasons.

If we have the original order # and info, etc.
will we be able get future replacements if this one cracks?
The v4 does look alot better than previous versions, and of course I am hoping it will last. but it's good to know what to expect from you guys.

Keep up the good work! I have faith in Kinetix, just as long as they keep replacing cracked plenums
That was my case with the V3.. and Kinetix gave me no hassle about it. They took care of me as long as I provided them the original buyers name.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM
wisecrack

un
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Kinetix post, plenum issues, discussion etc.-kr.jpg  
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM
wisecrack

deux
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Kinetix post, plenum issues, discussion etc.-kr2.jpg  
Old 07-19-2004, 08:13 AM
wisecrack

trois
Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL Kinetix post, plenum issues, discussion etc.-kr3.jpg  
Old 07-19-2004, 08:32 AM
fluffydot

Originally posted by Static
That was my case with the V3.. and Kinetix gave me no hassle about it. They took care of me as long as I provided them the original buyers name.
That's very good to know!!

I am definitely looking forward to putitng this in my car. I actually received the plenum last week, but the seller didn't include the Coolant Block!!

I was 1/2 way thru the install when I realized that I had nothing to connect the 2 coolant hoses to!!

What is the purpose of those hoses anyway? is that suppose to cool the plenum? it doesn't really seem like it does anything with the oem plenum. and especially not with a plastic one?

any ideas?

would it be ok to just by pass that part for now and hook the hoses up to each other?

thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 08:33 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone, the a$$hole is back!!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Bahraini350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email sent.... reply please
Old 07-19-2004, 09:15 AM
BrImSt0ne

Originally posted by zachcrosen
Hey everyone, the a$$hole is back!!!!
Why does he continue to do that? That **** is so annoying!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:17 AM
BrImSt0ne

Hey zach can you reply to my last post in the GB? Thanks!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by fluffydot
What is the purpose of those hoses anyway? is that suppose to cool the plenum? it doesn't really seem like it does anything with the oem plenum. and especially not with a plastic one?

any ideas?

would it be ok to just by pass that part for now and hook the hoses up to each other?

thanks
The purpose is to keep the throttle from freezing in cold weather. It allows the coolant to flow through the block and keep the throttle assembly warm (well, hot actually). If you don't live anywhere that you have to worry about extreme cold weather, you can just connect the 2 hoses directly together with a small length of pipe or something and bypass that coolant block completely. It would make replacing the plenum easier inthe future too because those twoI have thought about doing that for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it.

-Chris
Old 07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
The purpose is to keep the throttle from freezing in cold weather. It allows the coolant to flow through the block and keep the throttle assembly warm (well, hot actually). If you don't live anywhere that you have to worry about extreme cold weather, you can just connect the 2 hoses directly together with a small length of pipe or something and bypass that coolant block completely. It would make replacing the plenum easier inthe future too because those twoI have thought about doing that for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it.

-Chris
sorry to butt in on kinetix....do you have a link for doing the coolant bypass on the plenum? tx
Old 07-19-2004, 10:21 AM
lsdunique

If I wasnt associated with Kinetix, I might laugh at the drawings, plus I did ask even for joke posts.

I am having serious problems with me emails I think, I may be changing servers soon, so look for the post with a new email address.

Yes the flex has been factored in and we have talked specifically with the engineers at our plastics distributors about the properties regarding flex.

As far as warranty on secondary buyers, we try to keep track of people who have sold their plenums, to make sure we aren't sending out doubles. Yes we do warranty secondary buyers.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Kinetix post, plenum issues, discussion etc.